Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.40.6 installed today and took it for a quick drive. Multiple stops can be added - but once added, not re-arrangeable, at least not in any to me obvious way. Also, looks like final destination has to be added first, then additional en-route destinations. in order of stops.

TACC chime is useful and different from AP chime.

Since installation this morning however, despite MCU reboot, it still says 2021.40.6 update available and waiting for download... says so both on the app, in the software update screen, and via MFD green download arrow at the top of the screen...
nice.. glitch.. or not map or game updates?

2021.40.6 installed today and took it for a quick drive. Multiple stops can be added - but once added, not re-arrangeable, at least not in any to me obvious way. Also, looks like final destination has to be added first, then additional en-route destinations. in order of stops.

TACC chime is useful and different from AP chime.

Since installation this morning however, despite MCU reboot, it still says 2021.40.6 update available and waiting for download... says so both on the app, in the software update screen, and via MFD green download arrow at the top of the screen...
Did you get sentry mode live app access? (Requries app version 4.3.0 and car version 40.5+)

Looks like 2021.40 is beginning to roll in small numbers.

Australian Model 3 notes for 2021.40.6 include
- Add Stop - Waypoints (Yay)
- Cold weather improvements
- Tidal
- TACC Chime
- New language (think this includes GB English)

Notably absent is Remote View Sentry, so seemingly Australia isn't one of the selected countries.

My Model X (2017 MCU2-HW3) received it (2021.40.6) yesterday, same release notes.

Remote sentry view looks to be currently restricted to the 2021 "refresh" S & X.

I can't imagine Remote View Sentry is going to be any worse than Netflix and other streaming services in turns of data/network congestion.

Sure, it is upload rather than download but what other upload traffic is there to compete with, other than video calls and the like.

Reactions: Fazza
There's no live sentry view for us in AU.

Upstream BW on 4G is abundant. Hardly a factor. What is a factor is the $10 a month plan they charge us - that is unlikely to translate into anything substantial at Telstra's end volume wise.

Frankly, I don't see the point of live sentry view. Watching recorded footage from remote after a sentry trigger however would be very useful, but I don't think it does that.

Makes me wonder whose sterquilinium these ideas are growing on...

There's no live sentry view for us in AU.

Upstream BW on 4G is abundant. Hardly a factor. What is a factor is the $10 a month plan they charge us

Something I saw in one of Bjorn’s videos was that a BMW EV with a similar remote-viewing feature has a limit on the number of minutes and/or sessions of remote viewing from a car per day.

I would like the feature mainly so I could do remote deletion of all the sentry events I end up with when parked at the beach every morning. The current in-car UI is quite cumbersome for me for deleting 20-50 events at a time.

Reactions: Leeroy and Hairyman
I do not believe the BW usage will be an issue. Considering the number of Teslas in Australia, I doubt that feature will have any effect on Telstra LTE network BW usage. When it drops, the first week people will be trying it out and it will skew usage data a bit, but then it will become just part of the functionality and probably used on rare occasions when you want to show it off to someone or check what is happening if an alarm is triggered.

In 2 years my car has had alarm trigger only once and that was caused by lightning strike/thunder during storm when all cars in the carpark had their alarms trigger at same time.

Its like the fart mode. When I got the car, me and my son played with it for the first week and since then probably looked at it 2-3 times a year when showing it to someone.

Reactions: jason66
Has anyone picked up any differences with British English and US English in 2021.40.6? I noticed Frunk and Trunk have been replaced with Bonnet and Boot, haven't had anything else stand out as yet.

Also disappointing that we never got Disney+ in Theatre when that become available in the US.

Reactions: Hairyman
Has anyone picked up any differences with British English and US English in 2021.40.6? I noticed Frunk and Trunk have been replaced with Bonnet and Boot, haven't had anything else stand out as yet.

Also disappointing that we never got Disney+ in Theatre when that become available in the US.
Thought it might fix the useless american only voice recognition, but no.

Thought it might fix the useless american only voice recognition, but no.
That sucks. I thought I read about people overseas mentioning British English would help with that, maybe they were just being hopeful.

Has anyone noticed stuttering in the road visualisation recently?

I have a 2018 Model X that was originally MCU1 that was upgraded to MCU2 early this year and came with a free upgrade of the AutoPilot/FSD computer. Was a huge upgrade from MCU1 but recently I've noticed it the visualisation would often start stuttering - hangs on one frame for 1/3-1/2 every couple of seconds. If I have the rear camera display on, the same happens with the camera feed.

I can't imagine Remote View Sentry is going to be any worse than Netflix and other streaming services in turns of data/network congestion. Sure, it is upload rather than download but what other upload traffic is there to compete with, other than video calls and the like.

Network capacity would not be the issue here. It would be cost… or more precisely, cost recovery.

I don’t have any inside info, but the $10/mth Tesla charges for cellular connectivity would be based on an annual data consumption per vehicle assumption, and that is presumably baked in to the contract with Telstra (as the network provider). There may even be contractual clauses that ping Tesla for additional payments if those estimates are undercooked.

If it turns out that over time feature creep results in more data being generated or consumed than what Tesla has forecast, then Tesla would either have to absorb the extra costs, or pass it on, and increase the price of Premium connectivity.