Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is nothing between sentry mode and valet mode on my iphone, version 4.20.75. It must be specific to certain car models
I just checked and nothing.
Went into app store it had OPEN only so looked like upto date.
Went check under apps I had Always on with location under app it shows 4.20.70.
Went out and back into App Store UPDATE appeared so now on 4.20.75 and now I have the new option and it is ticked.
Weird

There is nothing between sentry mode and valet mode on my iphone, version 4.20.75. It must be specific to certain car models
perhaps.
below is what i now see in App - if that is toggled to off, then I am unable to unlock by grabbing the door handle, I must physically go into App and press the unlock button - or use keycard.

passive-on

perhaps.
below is what i now see in App - if that is toggled to off, then I am unable to unlock by grabbing the door handle, I must physically go into App and press the unlock button - or use keycard.

passive-on
I looked at that screen on my app - mine is the same as your screen shot
I also got this pop-up:
IMG_0818.jpg

I checked my iphone settings for the Tesla app, which confirmed that location access was set to 'always'
I have noticed lately that the car seems a bit less responsive to the presence of my phone, but that might be from a variety of causes

I’m also on 2023.12.5, so maybe it works with 3/Y but not S/X. You can see the speed registered on my dash in the pic. Its also not on a public road so maybe that also makes a difference.

My car in the early days used to recognise 10 and 5 signs on private roads and in car parks, but that stopped some time ago. Probably a software update at some point stopped speed sign recognition when not on a public road.

• Helpful
Reactions: paulp
The last update that is supposed to read speed limit signs…I stopped directly in front of a 10kmh sign today and it did not read. (Model S) It was front and centre, so either doesn’t work or doesn’t have 10 programmed in
My car on 2023.12.5 has started reading somewhat stranger things also. I went through drive through car wash yesterday and it was showing 30 speed limit in there for me, and I could not understand where it got the 30 until I noticed that on the screen where it shows the 30 sign there was an add for the car wash that ended with $30 for one of the options costs. So it read that 30 as speed limit sign and showed it as 30 sign on screen.
It is downloading 2023.12.9 now so will have to see if that changes anything.

Haas anyone confirmed any improvement to the ability to read the LED speed signs on motorways? I read somewhere (maybe here) that it was working on 12.5 but I suspect it was GPS data that was feeding the speed limit to the system. I regularly drive the M4, M7 in Sydney and the car doesn't see the overhead LED signs at all, but sometimes seems to pick up the roadside LED signs (but again could be GPS-linked speed info).

Haas anyone confirmed any improvement to the ability to read the LED speed signs on motorways? I read somewhere (maybe here) that it was working on 12.5 but I suspect it was GPS data that was feeding the speed limit to the system. I regularly drive the M4, M7 in Sydney and the car doesn't see the overhead LED signs at all, but sometimes seems to pick up the roadside LED signs (but again could be GPS-linked speed info).
on 12.5 my car did not read any of the LED signs, I noticed the LED signs that have the regular sign under and text that if blank then speed limit is this, the car actually reads that regular sign regardless of what the LED says, though often they were the same thing, so it looked like it was reading the right sign, however any LED sign without the regular sign next to it was not recognized on screen at all.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot