Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't had any phantom braking recently - just got back from a ~1200km round trip bush-way, neither on the prior version or this latest one. And I was driving during late afternoon to sunset times, which is when it usually happens for me.

Speed limit detection in roadworks sites still is half baked, 50/50 it won't see the end roadwork sign and will be stuck on 60 or 40 in a 110. But on this trip it saw every sign lowering the speed limit, +1 for that. It even detected the temporary traffic light erected to regulate traffic through two roadworks sites. Until it unsaw one of them from 50m away and started to speed up again, waking up both the lollipop man standing by the traffic light and me.

Autosteer rock solid as usual. Car even crossed over the left white line while making a lot of noise when a B-double tried to frontal collide with us coming across the center divider at full speed. Car and I reacted at the same time - usually I'm a bit ahead of the car freaking out.

Haven't had any phantom braking recently
Just had two last week. My first since getting the vehicle in February. I’m on 26.9 with EAP. I was on the M4 in Sydney eastbound in the right lane using Autosteer passing a truck and going under an overpass. As these events occurred simultaneously, it’s impossible to know what triggered the full-on phantom braking with lock up of the wheels (well, brief lock up until ABS did its thing) for about half a second until I jumped on the accelerator. Thankfully no cars behind me.

I thought that was weird, but the same thing happened again at the next overpass. Full on brake power.

Just had two last week. My first since getting the vehicle in February. I’m on 26.9 with EAP. I was on the M4 in Sydney eastbound in the right lane using Autosteer passing a truck and going under an overpass. As these events occurred simultaneously, it’s impossible to know what triggered the full-on phantom braking with lock up of the wheels (well, brief lock up until ABS did its thing) for about half a second until I jumped on the accelerator. Thankfully no cars behind me.

I thought that was weird, but the same thing happened again at the next overpass. Full on brake power.
Maybe its a deliberate design feature to prevent our unused brakes from glazing over

• Funny
Reactions: Ottmeister
If anyone from Tesla is listening, a couple more software suggestions:

1. Driver profile does not store dark/light/auto screen preferences. I like dark, wife likes white.
2. No on screen notification when music is muted (Other than a "play" rather than "stop" symbol on the track card", its not "stopped", when on radio.
3. Increasing or decreasing volume on mute does not take it out of mute mode.
4. No short new track/station confirmation when on trip or tyre pressure card.

I'm on 2023.26.8 and just returned from overseas. The car was unlocked and not plugged-in, in a garage. Went from 78% to 77% in 13 days. Very happy with 1% loss in 13 days.

Phantom drain has been gradually improving for a couple of years now and I no longer regard it as a "thing"- at least for me and my 3LR.
I may think in garage that does not get hot improves depletion. But once in the sun on hot tarmac and leaving overheat protection on then things change. Not even mentioning sentry mode. But we know the car also turns things off once the charge level is very low.

Still 1% / 13days is almost too good. Perhaps Tesla did improve the software for this scenario.

If anyone from Tesla is listening, a couple more software suggestions:

1. Driver profile does not store dark/light/auto screen preferences. I like dark, wife likes white.
2. No on screen notification when music is muted (Other than a "play" rather than "stop" symbol on the track card", its not "stopped", when on radio.
3. Increasing or decreasing volume on mute does not take it out of mute mode.
4. No short new track/station confirmation when on trip or tyre pressure card.
Our Y does not even remember radio station last listened to for each driver profile. Our old 2006 BMW did that. Sometimes you really got to wonder. Hello young boffin coders!!!!

Spotify randomly decides whether or not it will play the last track I listened to somewhere on another device. Sometimes it starts playing when I get in the car, other times it’s just paused. The Spotify implementation in the car is rubbish, and that’s not even mentioning the crappy codec it must be using.

I've has 3 since picking up our Y on 18th June.

also just got 2023.32.4 - haven't found the new bugs yet. The biggest bug seems to be that more and more improvements are now being rolled out to the new S/X only (and the 3/Y). Doesn't feel good to get left behind without even an option to send more money for a new model in the same line.