Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've done 2 trips in the past week, one on 24.14.8 and the other on 24.14.9 and both times the nav kept suggesting I get off motorways (M1 and M3 in Brisbane), almost like the avoid motorways option for Google Maps. I do normally have avoid tolls and ferrys options activated, but the section of the M1 I normally use does not have tolls and the M3 doesn't either. Initially I thought it may be due to traffic congestion, but when I tool avoid tolls off it routed through the motorways and when I switched back it tried to avoid them again. It appears someone mucked up some coding. Anyone else noticed this?

I've recently noticed routing making some clearly incorrect decisions mainly at the start of the journey, like driving two blocks in the wrong direction for a U turn instead of setting off in the correct direction at the first intersection.

Probably just a temporary delay in acquiring the GPS signals and triangulating position. A few times in the past year I have driven out of my garage and been half a kilometre away… according to the Nav. It has sometimes taken 30 to 60 seconds to correctly work out my position.

Since 2024.13 maps & 24.14.9, the speed cameras have all disappeared when navigating on a route (and yes, I do have Premium connectivity).
I noticed that on the weekend - passed a school zone speed camera twice (ie both directions). It had been indicating correctly in the nav - both inside and outside restricted speed times and I think with 2024.14.9 too - but on the weekend it showed nothing.

I will be passing it again in an hour or so, and my car just installed 2024.20.1, so I will see what happens.

Reactions: elddum
I noticed that on the weekend - passed a school zone speed camera twice (ie both directions). It had been indicating correctly in the nav - both inside and outside restricted speed times and I think with 2024.14.9 too - but on the weekend it showed nothing.

I will be passing it again in an hour or so, and my car just installed 2024.20.1, so I will see what happens.
Yep, I’m seeing similar missing points of interest that were in 2024.2 nav data. My nav is now on 2024.14. Did your nav data version change after loading 2024.20.1?

My nav data is still 2024.2 but after 14.9 update speed cameras are gone.
That's strange. I think my nav data updated to 2024.14 during the 14.8 update (I didn't opt in, it just happened), and I'm subsequently on 14.9.

Maybe they pulled the nav data update at some point - I've had no noticeable improvements from it and some suspected regressions with speed zones.

Disclaimer: I can't outright say that with confidence. Driving the entire Vic Hume Hwy at night a few times lately it was often giving absurd speed limits such as 70, 90, 100 on a clearly 110km/h controlled access motorway, with no speed signs of that nature anywhere, no off ramps. But during the day it was working better. I suspect it wasn't picking up the speed limit signs as well at night and reverting to totally crap nav data. I don't drive the highway often enough to state that it's a new problem though - I've done it quite a few times in the past couple of weeks though.

Didn't affect TACC though, it stayed calmly at its preset 110km/h, just displaying a lower limit sign. Even with the new "average speed camera zone" it showed my average speed as 109km/h but with a 90km/h limit displayed most of the way. I started desperately looking for 90 signs on the highway in case the buggers had changed it! Nope, soon passed a 110km/h sign and the display still didn't change.

Reactions: dronus
My nav is now on 2024.14. Did your nav data version change after loading 2024.20.1?
I have had the 2024.14 nav data for some time (a couple of weeks from memory). The speed camera warnings disappearing didn’t appear to coincide with any updates on the car, making me think there is some master mothership on/off toggle for them which got toggled off by Tesla on the weekend for whatever reason and remains off now. The switch for them is still there in the UI in the car, but it doesn’t matter which way it is toggled now since the weekend.

…and just to follow on from my previous post above, when I passed the speed/school zone camera yesterday - which had been indicated correctly previously - once again it wasn’t warned about at all (with 2024.20.1 firmware).

Reactions: elddum