Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kingman this afternoon. Looks finished! I have no idea if it is operational. These photos were messaged to me. With all the most recently known "under construction" sites completed or nearly finished... I'm wondering where the crews are working next week. I'm sure there are several 'NEW' locations that are well on their way in the construction process and we do not even know about them?!? I'll be able to sleuth around a few of western tentative sites over the next few days and will, of course report back {with photos}... on any findings!!
IMG_8916.JPG
IMG_8917.JPG
IMG_8918.JPG
IMG_8919.JPG
IMG_8920.JPG
IMG_8921.JPG

Last edited:
From KButler on the New England forum, who is in charge of construction of the service centers home to the Greenwich, CT Merritt Parkway superchargers:

"...the charging stations and superchargers are now 100% complete, operate on a dedicated transformer, and will be commissioned on Monday, 1/20/2014. The NB service plaza opened yesterday at noon, so Tesla users should be able to charge later next week on the NB side. The SB service plaza will be opening at the end of January, so hang on a little longer!"

Great news!

I need to hang around at Rockford for longer.

Rockford to Normal is a 200 mile run (rated @ 450wh/mile) , so I need to do a full charge before attempting that leg, although once I get there I will have a pretty good idea of my burn-rate..

Rockford to Normal should be only about 130 miles, not 200. You shouldn't have to do a range charge.

GSP

The completion of Lumberton, NC is significant because it was the missing link to make I-95 travel from Miami all the way to Boston a reality (at least in an 85). I wonder if Tesla will make a big deal about this.
They should, absolutely. BTW, there's no reason to stop at Boston. From the East Greenwich SC, you can drive to Portland, Maine, thereby getting to every state on the Atlantic coast. That's >1,600 miles for the cost of tolls.

Kingman this afternoon. Looks finished! I have no idea if it is operational. These photos were messaged to me. With all the most recently known "under construction" sites completed or nearly finished... I'm wondering where the crews are working next week. I'm sure there are several 'NEW' locations that are well on their way in the construction process and we do not even know about them?!? I'll be able to sleuth around a few of western tentative sites over the next few days and will, of course report back {with photos}... on any findings!!

Thats the first 'landscaping' around a supercharger enclosure that I remember seeing: two scraggly bushes. :biggrin:

With the NC charger complete, it looks to me like nearly the entire eastern time zone of the US can get anywhere else in the eastern time zone of the US (with 85kWh). Excluded are extreme NW Georgia, extreme northern Michigan, extreme northern NY (near Montreal), extreme northern Maine, and part of Kentucky.

- - - Updated - - -

With the NC charger complete, it looks to me like nearly the entire eastern time zone of the US can get anywhere else in the eastern time zone of the US (with 85kWh). Excluded are extreme NW Georgia, extreme northern Michigan, extreme northern NY (near Montreal), extreme northern Maine, and part of Kentucky.

Oh, and Key West, of course...

Kingman this afternoon. Looks finished! I have no idea if it is operational. These photos were messaged to me. With all the most recently known "under construction" sites completed or nearly finished
View attachment 41125

Is is this the first SC site with a handicapped-only slot?

i wonder if the local law requires this, and whether that slot is either/or or if only handicapped stickered Model S can use that spot...

i wonder if the local law requires this, and whether that slot is either/or or if only handicapped stickered Model S can use that spot...

Where the heck is "Kingman"?
Sometimes I browse this thread as I'm sure others do just to see whats happening with the SC progress and I have a pet peeve that people don't put the state next to the town.
There is probably a town called "Kingman" in lots of states, and I don't want to read the entire history of this thread to figure out which state it is.

Sometimes I browse this thread as I'm sure others do just to see whats happening with the SC progress and I have a pet peeve that people don't put the state next to the town.
There is probably a town called "Kingman" in lots of states, and I don't want to read the entire history of this thread to figure out which state it is.

NW AZ... About 2/3 of the way between Phoenix and Las Vegas...

Where the heck is "Kingman"?QUOTE]

Kingman, AZ

I only know that because with the final completion of that station I can now go on a road trip to my sisters house in MN! I'm glad its (almost) done!

Thanks so much..I'm on the easy coast and was hoping it was in so e state to help make the east coast corridor complete for a 60kw Model S

The red Tesla sign above the handicapped parking sign may have some clarification that we aren't getting in this wide shot. Those parking stalls seem to be away from the buildings, so I don't know why one is marked as handicapped.

It always stands out for me as a lyric in Route 66:

Now you go through saint Looey
Joplin, Missouri,
And Oklahoma City is mighty pretty.
You see Amarillo,
Gallup, New Mexico,
Flagstaff, Arizona.
Don't forget Winona,
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernandino.

The red Tesla sign above the handicapped parking sign may have some clarification that we aren't getting in this wide shot. Those parking stalls seem to be away from the buildings, so I don't know why one is marked as handicapped.

Unfortunately, in AZ there is not a consistent statewide law, leaving most handicap parking ordinances to local municipalities. There is a section in the state statues that says the handicap sign must have the words "Reserved Parking":

C. Each parking space prescribed in this section shall be prominently outlined with paint and posted with a permanent sign that is located at least three feet but not more than six feet above the grade, that is of a color and design approved by the department and that bears the internationally accepted symbol of access and the caption "reserved parking".
28-882. Parking spaces for physically disabled persons

The Kingman, AZ sign doesn't have the "reserved parking" wording.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Key West, of course...

I'll have you know that East Tennesee is in the Eastern timezone as well and about as far as you can get from a supercharger west of the Piedmont but still inside the eastern time zone. Supercharger map doesn't have one in Knoxville until sometime in 2015.

Surprised me considering both I-75 and I-40 run through Knoxville. Apparently neither route is important on the supercharger plan.

Interesting. I would hope it's either/or. There's a charging station at the Ontario, California airport that's handicap. I found it pretty weird, because the spots are never full anyway, so why would you take one away to use solely by handicap people?