Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ditto Minnesota. Why does Tesla keep on pretending Minnesota doesn't exist? No store, no service center, no supercharger within 2 years. This is the final straw.

(In Owatonna right now, by coincidence...) Think about how far you'd go if you left your home with a full charge. Could you make it to a supercharger location? Would you need to charge at a J1772 once? Twice?

I think you'll find that if you plan one J1772 stop to get a few more miles (not top off), you're going to be in good shape. And that's just until they install the superchargers in MN. Minnesota isn't getting dissed, they're just building it out.

And Owatonna would be a good place, maybe over by Cabelas. Lots of restaurants, hotels. And Cabelas.

I think he's referring to the incremental "Option" charge for supercharging on the 60 kWh model. Slight extra fee (to cover expenses) that you pay once when you buy the car...then free charging for life!
Yes. I wonder about the details of that too.

Model S Options and Pricing | Tesla Motors says (and has always said, AFAIK) that Supercharger hardware is standard on the 60 and 85 kwh models.

Got it -- thanks for that clarification.

That's what I was hoping. Knowing the cost of this (I suspect $1500 -- every option is $1500!) is making me start to wonder if buying the 85 kWh version would end up being a more economical purchase than the 60 kWh version (longevity, miles per charge, supercharging option, etc.).

Similar thoughts here. Hold off on twin chargers, go 85 and violà - like getting the 85 for 6k over the 60...

Or Vermont, though it looks like there's one just across the line in Hanover NH. I think Tesla has erred by not providing SC gateways to Cape Cod or to downeast Maine -- these are very popular vacation destinations.

I'm also surprised at the lack (in the 2-year plan) of a charger near Boise. Given the large Model S population in PacNW, I would have thought that Tesla might want to let them drive east without first detouring through Sacramento.

The charger on the VT/NH border is either West Lebanon or White River Junction. That's a logical choice. It's the intersection of I-89 and I-91. It's 185 miles from Montreal, and 125 miles from Boston.

They're showing one near Albany NY, which is 220 miles from Montreal via I-87. That will be a stretch. I suggest another near Exit 30 on I-87. That's the exit for the Lake Placid region.

Could the obelisk be an onsite capacitor of some sort for discharging the current when the MS plugs in? Or do people think that sort of tank would be built into the canopy or underground? (I'm referring to the website computer generated image.)

I really think it's just a sign for advertisement and to let Tesla drivers know where it is. The system looks grid-tied, so there's no on-site storage--which makes sense for the most cost-effective solution (which means the fastest buildout of infrastructure).

So I see that both the 2-year-plan and the long-term-plan have been screenshotted and posted in this thread. I downloaded the pictures and flipped back and forth between them. One of the red dots that was in the 2-year-plan disappears in long-term-plan (in Missouri). Also two of them get moved over a bunch (one in Utah and the other in Colorado).

Weird.

I mentioned this on the live feed thread and thought it bears repeating on this thread as well: This is big guys, we just witnessed the changing of the guard.

+1. If any oil companies saw this it might be making them nervous... Definitely so when the Model E comes onboard...

Where did the recording of the event go, by the way? It's been replaced by the new Supercharger site.

Edit: Recording is at the Blog site here (Doug posted the link a few dozen posts back).

FYI, the name of the song they played is "DEADMAU5: The Veldt"

Last edited:
with Elon & Bob
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348545660.108602.jpg