Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a marketing gimmick.. I'm assuming he means "supercharging stall" every 20 hours.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are we actually seeing a new SC station opened up every day?

For the past couple weeks, yes, it seems like we have. Remember, we can't locate every single supercharger as it's being built. We have many eyes on the ground, but not enough to scour the entire country.

Well, I hope that rate happens soon.

From the "changes" log at Supercharger.Info for world wide "go live" stats: 36 have gone live since Aug 1 and 10 have gone live since Sept 1; that is 36 in 50 days (1 every 33.3 hours) and 10 in 19 days (1 every 45.6 hours).

For North America, 10 have gone live since Aug 1 and 2 have gone live since Sep 1; that is 10 in 50 days (1 every 120 hours) and 2 in 19 days (1 every 228 hours).

Last edited:
This could be true if you are looking at all locations world wide.

If you look at just North America then the install rate is way less than that.

Not quite at that rate yet, but I hope that we get there soon. See my post a couple up.

1 every 20 hours is 6 every 5 days or about 36 a month. That will be nice, and maybe a few more will happen in North America soon!

Not quite at that rate yet, but I hope that we get there soon. See my post a couple up.
1 every 20 hours is 6 every 5 days or about 36 a month. That will be nice, and maybe a few more will happen in North America soon!
OK yes I see that now. 1 every 33 hours.

I really do not want to argue the point other than to say as a LEAF driver I would love to see a new CHAdeMO QC location every 33 hours. Most of the Nissan QC locations are also one stall per location. I have never seen a location with 8 stalls. You Tesla guys really have it pretty good, you just do not realize how bad the other guys (Nissan) do this.

Correct. That is why EM said one is activated at a rate if one stall every 20 hours.

Elon did specifically say "Supercharger Location" to resolve this ambiguity.

I figured out how he made his claim. In July, from July 3 to July 30, there were 33 Supercharger Locations installed world-wide. That is 28 days (count the fence posts, not the rails). 28 days * 24 hours/day / 33 Superchargers is 1 Supercharger every 20.4 hours.

If I take July 1 until today, that is 64 Superchargers in 81 days or 1 Supercharger every 30.4 hours.

Come on Elon, keep up the pace!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Elon did specifically say "Supercharger Location" to resolve this ambiguity.

I figured out how he made his claim. In July, from July 3 to July 30, there were 33 Supercharger Locations installed world-wide. That is 28 days (count the fence posts, not the rails). 28 days * 24 hours/day / 33 Superchargers is 1 Supercharger every 20.4 hours.

If I take July 1 until today, that is 64 Superchargers in 81 days or 1 Supercharger every 30.4 hours.

Come on Elon, keep up the pace!!! :rolleyes:

I like your math better than mine......BUT...that means TM will establish 111 more functional SCs worldwide by midnight Dec 31st. 93 days left in the year, 24 hours in a day: 2232 hours left in the year: 111+ by Dec 31st. Would be nice. I will believe it when I see it.