In 2015 Maine now has three supercharges instead of just two, roughly Portland, a Augusta, Bangor. Eastern Canada gets one more in 2016.
Forums still have the old navigation and links from the new site to forums are hard to find.
Still no MX configuration.
I wonder if some of the new supercharger locations are current or future stores and service centers. As Tesla starts opening combo store/service center locations that feel like traditional dealerships, it would make sense to provide superchargers in the parking lots. (See the new Montreal location as an example)The Coming Soon leaked map looks like it's the same as the official Coming Soon map. While the leaked maps shouldn't necessarily be considered accurate since they were quickly removed, there are quite a few differences for what it's worth:
- Western Canada: the official map has no new superchargers coming to Western Canada after those currently under construction, but the leaked map has superchargers in Vancouver, Merritt, Kelowna, and Calgary
- Northwest: the leaked map drops Seattle and Lewiston ID but adds Grandview WA and Bend OR
- California/Nevada: the leaked map adds Highway 101 on the north coast (Crescent City, Eureka, Willits), a few in the Bay Area, South Lake Tahoe, Reno/Sparks, Minden, Lee Vining, a few in the L.A. area
- Southwest: the leaked map drops I-10 and I-20 between Tucson and central Texas, drops two sites between Amarillo and Fort Worth, but adds several sites between San Antonio and the lower Rio Grande Valley and a site in Pueblo CO on I-25
- Great Plains: the leaked map drops I-94 between between Billings and Minneapolis and I-80 across Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa
- Great Lakes: the leaked map deletes Bemidji MN but adds Minneapolis, Hinkley MN, Richford WI; the leaked map deletes Jackson MI and four sites in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan
- South: the leaked map drops I-40 between Oklahoma City and Nashville but adds I-20 across Louisiana and Mississippi plus Alexandria LA, Hattiesburg MS, Birmingham AL, Decatur AL, and I-81 between Knoxville and Hagerstown
- Northeast: the leaked map adds Rochester (Henrietta) NY, covers I-81 from Syracuse to Scranton, adds Augusta ME
- Eastern Canada: the leaked map deletes the site just north of Cornwall but adds Hamilton ON, Cobourg ON, Quebec City and Rivière-du-Loup QC
There appears to be some pretty precise info in the "Leaked" maps at Supercharger growth - Page 14
Take a look at my example at I-40 — Marching Towards OKC to see what can be done with these maps and some overlays onto Google Maps. The overlay map is below. Others should take on their favorite routes. It only takes time... :wink:
View attachment 68609
I hope not, on both counts. Separate stores in areas where there is foot traffic where people shop, and service centers in a more low rent, car-oriented industrial area are a much better idea. And no one wants to stop at a service center for supercharging on a trip. That's Nissan's mistake.I wonder if some of the new supercharger locations are current or future stores and service centers. As Tesla starts opening combo store/service center locations that feel like traditional dealerships, it would make sense to provide superchargers in the parking lots. (See the new Montreal location as an example)
Separate stores in areas where there is foot traffic where people shop, and service centers in a more low rent, car-oriented industrial area are a much better ide.
2015 Map looks like it adds Monterey and 2016 looks like it adds Santa Cruz. Nothing else on 1 or 101 between Monterey and Atascadero through 2016 as it's really not needed.Is that a spot south of Gilroy and toward the coast? Maybe a gateway to the hwy 1 coast from Monterey to SLO (Atascadero).