Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 2015 Maine now has three supercharges instead of just two, roughly Portland, a Augusta, Bangor. Eastern Canada gets one more in 2016.
Forums still have the old navigation and links from the new site to forums are hard to find.
Still no MX configuration.

In 2015 Maine now has three supercharges instead of just two, roughly Portland, a Augusta, Bangor. Eastern Canada gets one more in 2016.
Forums still have the old navigation and links from the new site to forums are hard to find.
Still no MX configuration.

Strange... The site was down again it seems. I can not see any 2016 map for North America nor any other changes? It is the ordinary maps on Supercharger | Tesla Motors you are referring to, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Strange... The site was down again it seems. I can not see any 2016 map for North America nor any other changes? It is the ordinary maps on Supercharger | Tesla Motors you are referring to, right?

Seems there was a roll-back of published material.. Maybe a little "oh ****! moment for the webmaster?" - see this map that was screen-grabbed while the new contents was online...

http://tff-forum.de/download/file.php?id=7201&t=1

This is new contents on the Find Us pages - showing also future superchargers in grey. I wonder if they where accurate and trustworthy or just indicators pinned to city centers like earlier indicators of future service centers and stores.

The Coming Soon leaked map looks like it's the same as the official Coming Soon map. While the leaked maps shouldn't necessarily be considered accurate since they were quickly removed, there are quite a few differences for what it's worth:

- Western Canada: the official map has no new superchargers coming to Western Canada after those currently under construction, but the leaked map has superchargers in Vancouver, Merritt, Kelowna, and Calgary
- Northwest: the leaked map drops Seattle and Lewiston ID but adds Grandview WA and Bend OR
- California/Nevada: the leaked map adds Highway 101 on the north coast (Crescent City, Eureka, Willits), a few in the Bay Area, South Lake Tahoe, Reno/Sparks, Minden, Lee Vining, a few in the L.A. area
- Southwest: the leaked map drops I-10 and I-20 between Tucson and central Texas, drops two sites between Amarillo and Fort Worth, but adds several sites between San Antonio and the lower Rio Grande Valley and a site in Pueblo CO on I-25
- Great Plains: the leaked map drops I-94 between between Billings and Minneapolis and I-80 across Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa
- Great Lakes: the leaked map deletes Bemidji MN but adds Minneapolis, Hinkley MN, Richford WI; the leaked map deletes Jackson MI and four sites in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan
- South: the leaked map drops I-40 between Oklahoma City and Nashville but adds I-20 across Louisiana and Mississippi plus Alexandria LA, Hattiesburg MS, Birmingham AL, Decatur AL, and I-81 between Knoxville and Hagerstown
- Northeast: the leaked map adds Rochester (Henrietta) NY, covers I-81 from Syracuse to Scranton, adds Augusta ME
- Eastern Canada: the leaked map deletes the site just north of Cornwall but adds Hamilton ON, Cobourg ON, Lévis and Rivière-du-Loup QC

Last edited:
The Coming Soon leaked map looks like it's the same as the official Coming Soon map. While the leaked maps shouldn't necessarily be considered accurate since they were quickly removed, there are quite a few differences for what it's worth:

- Western Canada: the official map has no new superchargers coming to Western Canada after those currently under construction, but the leaked map has superchargers in Vancouver, Merritt, Kelowna, and Calgary
- Northwest: the leaked map drops Seattle and Lewiston ID but adds Grandview WA and Bend OR
- California/Nevada: the leaked map adds Highway 101 on the north coast (Crescent City, Eureka, Willits), a few in the Bay Area, South Lake Tahoe, Reno/Sparks, Minden, Lee Vining, a few in the L.A. area
- Southwest: the leaked map drops I-10 and I-20 between Tucson and central Texas, drops two sites between Amarillo and Fort Worth, but adds several sites between San Antonio and the lower Rio Grande Valley and a site in Pueblo CO on I-25
- Great Plains: the leaked map drops I-94 between between Billings and Minneapolis and I-80 across Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa
- Great Lakes: the leaked map deletes Bemidji MN but adds Minneapolis, Hinkley MN, Richford WI; the leaked map deletes Jackson MI and four sites in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan
- South: the leaked map drops I-40 between Oklahoma City and Nashville but adds I-20 across Louisiana and Mississippi plus Alexandria LA, Hattiesburg MS, Birmingham AL, Decatur AL, and I-81 between Knoxville and Hagerstown
- Northeast: the leaked map adds Rochester (Henrietta) NY, covers I-81 from Syracuse to Scranton, adds Augusta ME
- Eastern Canada: the leaked map deletes the site just north of Cornwall but adds Hamilton ON, Cobourg ON, Quebec City and Rivière-du-Loup QC
I wonder if some of the new supercharger locations are current or future stores and service centers. As Tesla starts opening combo store/service center locations that feel like traditional dealerships, it would make sense to provide superchargers in the parking lots. (See the new Montreal location as an example)

There appears to be some pretty precise info in the "Leaked" maps at Supercharger growth - Page 14

Take a look at my example at I-40 — Marching Towards OKC to see what can be done with these maps and some overlays onto Google Maps. The overlay map is below. Others should take on their favorite routes. It only takes time... :wink:

I-40-3.jpg

As for Upstate NY, looks like some more changes. In addition to Buffalo, Syracuse, Utica and Albany, I now see Rochester and Binghamton. Ithaca is no longer a dot, which is odd, because it has been one of the original Upstate NY dots since the very beginning of Supercharger projection maps. Erie, PA is present down at the westernmost corner of NY state, as we had seen on the earlier map update (along with Utica).

2016 Superchargers NY State.png

I wonder if some of the new supercharger locations are current or future stores and service centers. As Tesla starts opening combo store/service center locations that feel like traditional dealerships, it would make sense to provide superchargers in the parking lots. (See the new Montreal location as an example)
I hope not, on both counts. Separate stores in areas where there is foot traffic where people shop, and service centers in a more low rent, car-oriented industrial area are a much better idea. And no one wants to stop at a service center for supercharging on a trip. That's Nissan's mistake.

I doubt it. On their "Find Us" map, the Stores and Service Centers use a different icon, with the Tesla T. The Superchargers use this icon. I bet they are standardizing both maps to use the same icon for Superchargers, instead of just a red dot. And the HPWCs for destination charging use a tiny version of the Supercharger icon. Also, Cleveland would then show two of these icons in the new map, and it does not.

Is that a spot south of Gilroy and toward the coast? Maybe a gateway to the hwy 1 coast from Monterey to SLO (Atascadero).
2015 Map looks like it adds Monterey and 2016 looks like it adds Santa Cruz. Nothing else on 1 or 101 between Monterey and Atascadero through 2016 as it's really not needed.

I like how the Coming Soon flags have been added in gray on the Today map.