Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. No CHAdeMO adapter. I had hoped the DC metro area would at least have a few supercharger offerings by now. Not Southern California-level, for sure, but, SOMETHING. Nope. I'm prolly gonna have to make one more trip over to Laurel to load up on electrons for the drive home. Bummer.

Destination chargers are kinda worthless when the destinations are not your destinations and they're just HPWCs or equiv.
Maybe worthless to you on this specific trip, not worthlesss to the people staying at those destinations or to the destinations that install the HPWCs to attract paying guests. For example I just returned today from an overnight trip and picked the accommodations specifically because it had Tesla destination charging. Perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of the destination charging program.

Maybe worthless to you on this specific trip, not worthlesss to the people staying at those destinations or to the destinations that install the HPWCs to attract paying guests. For example I just returned today from an overnight trip and picked the accommodations specifically because it had Tesla destination charging. Perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of the destination charging program.

I have yet to find a hotel with a destination charger that I'm willing to pay for. The times could really use it, we frequently have a pet, and few of them are pet friendly, as well.

Please don't bother with the "if you spent $100k on a car, you can spend $300 on a hotel." The reason I can afford the car is because I don't, and never have, wasted my money.

I have yet to find a hotel with a destination charger that I'm willing to pay for. The times could really use it, we frequently have a pet, and few of them are pet friendly, as well.

Please don't bother with the "if you spent $100k on a car, you can spend $300 on a hotel." The reason I can afford the car is because I don't, and never have, wasted my money.
I definitely agree. Most of the Destination Charging hotels (pinkies up) are a few hundred dollars a night and way more expensive than I want to spend. But regarding @tinm 's statements, do what you need to to get charging near you. I've used a grocery store J1772 that was a few blocks away from the AirBNB I've stayed at. Americans seem to have forgotten how to use their legs for anything but pushing pedals in a car. Is there some charging within a mile or so of where you're staying? Then charge there and walk. Or if you're visiting a friend, have them pick you up from where you've plugged your car in.

Actually if you look at the destination charging list you will find some Holiday Inn Express and Best Westerns too. When destination charging program started Tesla only targeted high end locations, but that's not true anymore. As for not being pet friendly, most hotels don't allow pets whether they have EV charging or not, so I don't think that's a reasonable criticism of destination charging locations.

By the way the destination charging location we stayed at in Wimberley, TX, Cypress Creek Cottages, does allow pets and is under $200/night.

Reactions: BerTX
Actually if you look at the destination charging list you will find some Holiday Inn Express and Best Westerns too. When destination charging program started Tesla only targeted high end locations, but that's not true anymore. As for not being pet friendly, most hotels don't allow pets whether they have EV charging or not, so I don't think that's a reasonable criticism of destination charging locations.

By the way the destination charging location we stayed at in Wimberley, TX, Cypress Creek Cottages, does allow pets and is under $200/night.

I should have been more clear -- I have not found a destination charger that I was willing to pay for that was in the place I have been going. I know there are some less expensive hotels on the list. It seems like the few times there has been a more reasonably priced chain hotel where I could use it and with a destination charger, that particular one was NOT reasonably priced.

Maybe I'm just getting old. I did quit carrying dimes to make phone calls, so there is hope.

I should have been more clear -- I have not found a destination charger that I was willing to pay for that was in the place I have been going. I know there are some less expensive hotels on the list. It seems like the few times there has been a more reasonably priced chain hotel where I could use it and with a destination charger, that particular one was NOT reasonably priced.

Maybe I'm just getting old. I did quit carrying dimes to make phone calls, so there is hope.

Seems like you should be calling ahead asking about HPWC, and if the places you are going doesn't have them, suggest they get them installed. They are free after all using the destination chargers program.

Came across a tech replacing the cables at the Grand Junction CO Supercharging Station; said it was routine. He also said that he had taken some "Powered by Coal" stickers off the stanchions there and at Price UT (the heart of Utah's coal country). I told him that they had been seen and removed at Green River UT as well.
Maybe somebody should put up a sticker saying "POWERED BY AMERICAN ELECTRONS"

• Love
Reactions: SpiceWare
That happened at Barstow too. Someone stealing breakers is probably a dodgy electrician (or someone with electrician experience) stealing them for a project. The breakers don't have enough copper in them to go to the trouble of stealing them over cabling. For someone stealing for the scrap value, the cables are the low hanging fruit.

Reactions: MP3Mike