Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe 4, Folsom, Harris Ranch, Tejon Ranch and forgot the fourth one..

Anyone catch the free for the 85kw, but nominal charge for the 60kw?

Well, he said "and for a small incrememental charge for the 60 kWh."

I'm not sure what that means. Perhaps this means a one time charge for installing the software or license or whatever for enabling the 60 kWh models to use the supercharger. Maybe there would be a subscription fee? Who knows. Those live stations did not look like they had the capacity to discriminate. Either way, it will likely require two onboard chargers to charge at the rate they are suggesting, or has this been disputed? Two chargers are not something most of us would be getting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348544518.300398.jpg

Really? It looks like there are at least 3 SCs in the two-year plan for PHX-LA. And the one in Bairstow already operational.

The chargers look like they're along the 40, which is do-able, but they're really needed along the 10. I'm a bit disappointed in this as well since I had been lobbying very hard on a regular basis with many Tesla employees (including George B) for chargers along the 10 specifically for the LA to Phoenix drive. What they have projected does make the trip possible, but it's pretty out of the way.

Well, he said "and for a small incrememental charge for the 60 kWh."

I'm not sure what that means. Perhaps this means a one time charge for installing the software or license or whatever for enabling the 60 kWh models to use the supercharger. Maybe there would be a subscription fee? Who knows. Those live stations did not look like they had the capacity to discriminate. Either way, it will likely require two onboard chargers to charge at the rate they are suggesting, or has this been disputed? Two chargers are not something most of us would be getting.

I think he's referring to the incremental "Option" charge for supercharging on the 60 kWh model. Slight extra fee (to cover expenses) that you pay once when you buy the car...then free charging for life!

1) Elon has definitely put on some weight. You can tell from his cheeks as well - the ones on his face, that is.

2) That's a phallic beacon of some sort beckoning to parched Model S drivers. Appears to be non-functional otherwise. We saw the actual SC box already with the cable sticking out.

3) I wouldn't take those "dots on a map" as gospel. It's probably a crude approximation of the major highway routes. I'm sure trips to Minneapolis-St. Paul from say, Chicago or from LA to Phoenix will be covered within 2 years.

4) No mention of battery storage on site? Or, did I miss that? So, how do the SCs work at night?

5) I couldn't quite tell what Elon mumbled about the SC cost for 60 kWh packs. Incremental? Nominal? For a limited time?

6) A presumably glowing NYTimes review's coming next weekend. Can't wait!

Is the obelisk just signage or does it have a function? I did not catch most of the web cast.

It looks to be just a sign but can't tell. The picture TEG just posted looks like the actual charging location.

Anyone at the event have more details as to number of spots, if there is grid backup if somehow all lets say 6 spots are taken at the same time?