Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Albert Lea's construction went impressively fast considering the location and season! That leaves Kingman, Cheyenne, and Macedonia as the essential stations to go cross-country (in an 85 at least) and Lumberton as the last link (again for 85s) between Boston and Miami. All of those stations could open any day now - hopefully Tesla will make a media circus out of the Golden Spike supercharger.

I've spent some time doodling a route from my home in Maine to Fremont, passing through each of the 48 states + DC without entering any state twice.
Rough approximation...

First half
RobertRoute1.png

Second half
RobertRoute2.png

Combined
RobertRouteCombined.png

Last edited:
Albert Lea's construction went impressively fast considering the location and season! That leaves Kingman, Cheyenne, and Macedonia as the essential stations to go cross-country (in an 85 at least) and Lumberton as the last link (again for 85s) between Boston and Miami. All of those stations could open any day now - hopefully Tesla will make a media circus out of the Golden Spike supercharger.

In addition, you still need Vegas, Holbrook, Moab, and Cranberry to avoid range charges and/or hypermiling on the cross country route...essential for the Elon trip and avoiding range anxiety. Also, on the east to west route, a Supercharger is really needed between Cheyenne and Silverthorne to help get over 11,000 feet going through the Eisenhower Tunnel (you need more rated miles to get to the top of the tunnel than you need to get to Silverthorne).

Woodbridge address is Potomac Mill Mall. 2700 Potomac Mills Circle. Permit has been filed but is incomplete. Resubmission is necessary.

I live about 5 mins away from Potomac Mills. I finally get to contribute to this thread by stalking the progress through pictures and drones :p.

Edit: Based upon the last time I was at Potomac Mills (last weekend) I think I know exactly where they will be located. I will swing by after work today but I won't be able to get pics since it will be dark.

Great news on Albert Lea! Not only can Minneapolis owners access the cross-county network, but free travel is now enabled from Ohio to Wyoming!

@Cottonwood,

Have you updated your supercharger rollout graph lately? I'm curious to see the tally for this month.

Here you go; by the middle of January, Tesla has already equaled December, that was, by far, the record month 'til then.

Superchargers-20140115.png

I live about 5 mins away from Potomac Mills. I finally get to contribute to this thread by stalking the progress through pictures and drones :p.

Edit: Based upon the last time I was at Potomac Mills (last weekend) I think I know exactly where they will be located. I will swing by after work today but I won't be able to get pics since it will be dark.

I don't think the permit/application has passed thus far. But should be soon?

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go; by the middle of January, Tesla has already equaled December, that was, by far, the record month 'til then.

We're going to need to start locating the new supercharger locations. Looking at the thread start dates for some of the locations that were just opened, we knew about the locations 1 month before they opened. We don't have too many more that are under construction at this time but I don't imagine Tesla will be taking much of a break between now and the next wave of superchargers.

http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

I don't think the permit/application has passed thus far. But should be soon?

- - - Updated - - -

We're going to need to start locating the new supercharger locations. Looking at the thread start dates for some of the locations that were just opened, we knew about the locations 1 month before they opened. We don't have too many more that are under construction at this time but I don't imagine Tesla will be taking much of a break between now and the next wave of superchargers.

http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

Correct permit is not approved yet. Submission was incomplete and has not been officially accepted yet.

> where US160/US191 join up [stevezzzz]

Blanding UT > Kayenta AZ = 95 miles.

Kayenta AZ > Flagstaff AZ = 150 miles.

Route of Choice: Denver(or Wyoming) to Flagstaff(Phoenix) is indeed thru Blanding and Kayenta and both are nice spots to take a break.
--

> where US160/US191 join up [stevezzzz]

Blanding UT > Kayenta AZ = 95 miles.

Kayenta AZ > Flagstaff AZ = 150 miles.

Route of Choice: Denver(or Wyoming) to Flagstaff(Phoenix) is indeed thru Blanding and Kayenta and both are nice spots to take a break.
--

Was it a dream or a rumor, but somehow I think that there has been mention of a Supercharger in Kayenta...

Was it a dream or a rumor, but somehow I think that there has been mention of a Supercharger in Kayenta...

Since the search function turns up zero hits for 'Kayenta', I'd guess this thread is the first use of the word on TMC; the bots just haven't caught up with us yet. :biggrin:

I proposed Kayenta to the supercharger team as an alternate to the slightly more versatile arrangement that would put Superchargers in Tuba City and at the 160/191 junction. Kayenta is easier and cheaper to implement, but it doesn't connect Blanding to Holbrook or Gallup, and doesn't support destinations like Page/Lake Powell and Canyon de Chelly as well. One of these alternatives is clearly needed, since it lops 180 miles off the east-west transcontinental route.