Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't feel bad, that Hawthorne Dashboard display has the distortion problem that many maps have had. They place the circular dot with its bottom center on the actual location instead of the center of the dot on the location. That distortion causes all sorts of perception errors. For example, notice how Farmington appears to be on the Colorado/New Mexico border, almost in Colorado. The Teslawiki page had the same error until I pointed it out; its now fixed there.

Me too, my first thought was we were getting an additional SC in PA near Sharon, but I think that's just the dot for Cranberry. The other dots to the east are Somerset (Red), Hagerstown, MD and Woodbridge, VA

Don't feel bad, that Hawthorne Dashboard display has the distortion problem that many maps have had. They place the circular dot with its bottom center on the actual location instead of the center of the dot on the location. That distortion causes all sorts of perception errors. For example, notice how Farmington appears to be on the Colorado/New Mexico border, almost in Colorado. The Teslawiki page had the same error until I pointed it out; its now fixed there.

You can try to make me feel better, but it won't work. :wink:

It was the reflection that got me: made it look like the UT/AZ border was just above the dot, and obscured the real border, a bit to the south. Now that I think about it, it's unlikely the electrical service to the Mexican Water Gas Station and Trading Post would have the spare capacity for a Supercharger station. Red Mesa, on the other hand...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the email address Steve, I just sent them the following note with some suggestions for local gaps in NY and PA travel:

Hello Supercharger Team!

A great note, JakeP: well reasoned and clearly useful to the team. I think I'll post what I sent them, too...

"I'm a Sig S owner in the Denver metro area who's very excited to see all the recent Supercharger openings that connect the Colorado 'island' to the rest of the country.
Looking out a year or two, based on the 2015 planning map on the Superchargers page, I see some gaps in coverage that I hope Tesla will address with additional Superchargers.

1. Casper, Wyoming vicinity. Nobody drives from Billings to Denver via Lusk and Gillette. This would enable travel on the 1-25 corridor between Denver and Montana by connecting Cheyenne and Sheridan, as well as opening up all of central Wyoming and giving access to Yellowstone/Teton destinations.

2. Speaking of Yellowstone/Teton: this is a huge, all-season tourist destination, currently underserved in the 2015 map. Consider a Supercharger at the 189/191 intersection west of Pinedale and another in the Jackson vicinity. That connects both Rock Springs and Rawlins to the southern approach to Yellowstone/Teton. I also suggest connecting Casper to both of the eastern approaches to Yellowstone/Teton with a Supercharger in the Lander/Riverton/Shoshoni vicinity.

3. Southwestern Colorado. Another four-season tourist destination that needs Supercharger support. The 285/50 intersection near Salida is reachable with an S85 from planned or existing Superchargers in Grand Junction, Silverthorne, Colorado Springs and Trinidad. If you added Superchargers near Montrose, Durango and Alamosa, plus one in New Mexico at the 285/64 intersection northwest of Taos, that fills in the entire Colorado-northern New Mexico area nicely for S60's as well as S85's.

By the way, the 285 corridor between Denver and Santa Fe is heavily traveled by tourists, as well as by locals who dislike I-25. And Taos is a favorite destination for Denver area residents, one that is easier to reach via 285.

Keep up the great work, and thank you!

Steve"

@772 do you know anything about Woodbridge VA? We need a SC between Newark and Glenn Allen VA especially in my 60.

Any word about the Edison NJ town meeting for the SC permit?
courtesy of chickensevil:

For what it's worth, here is the email response I got today from the Tesla Supercharging team:

"Thank you for your email and suggestions. You will be happy to know that we have a site location selected for our Woodbridge area Supercharger. We are moving through permitting now. Please continue to monitor our website for updates and announcements."

so based on both pieces of info, we can determine that they have a site selected and at the very least the go ahead from the property owner and now all we are waiting for is the permitting process to get signed off on by the Gov. Assuming that happens soonish we can expect action within a month or so... Seems a bit crazy to stick one up 30 miles away in Bethesda as a "temporary" fix. Why not just wait the few months, unless they are pushing for some deadline on announcing north to south travel on the east coast... Seems like a waste of money for a publicity stunt... But I guess if it makes more people willing to buy their cars, go for it I suppose.

Thanks guys! I'm making trip to Vero Beach FL from CT late February and I have a 60 so Woodbridge site is crucial. Otherwise I will stop at the DC tesla store site for a charge but will need to stop for 2-3 hours.

Update on Merritt parkway site on the CT/NY border. The northbound site is ready to open the renovated rest stop. The SC looks completed also. It should open any day now just need to remove jersey barriers. The southbound side has a couple of weeks of work. The SC needs the equipment installed, the units are in. I will post pics as soon as it's opened.