Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we have touch screens, Tesla could have all owners who click on the FSD Beta button sign a contract on the screen that clearly states in BOLD that the car is not fully self driving yet, and that they understand they have to monitor the car at all times and are personally responsible for any accidents. Maybe that would address some of the criticism from the NTSB and others who continue to make ridiculous claims about Tesla, Autopilot, and owners.
I think both as a joke and as an overtly ludicrous-level butt-covering operation, Tesla should have you sign in one dialog, then have 10 additional warning dialogs, each with an "I accept" button randomly located on screen, and requiring each dialog to be initialed--like when you're buying a house. Take the whole process to 11.

Honestly I dont believe FSD or AP should enable until drivers have sat in the cars and watched safety videos through the car. Car should make sure butt in seat and full video played before allowing to be enabled. I also agree with the signing terms of agreement. If someone of different weight attempts to drive they should have to go through process as well.
And inboard camera on them making sure they’re actually watching the video and then a test afterwards they have to score 100 on to make sure they paid attention and understood. 🙄

I think both as a joke and as an overtly ludicrous-level butt-covering operation, Tesla should have you sign in one dialog, then have 10 additional warning dialogs, each with an "I accept" button randomly located on screen, and requiring each dialog to be initialed--like when you're buying a house. Take the whole process to 11.

The problem with scarcasm is people don't think you're serious. Or they do, depending on what best suits their self-interest. That defeats the purpose.

And inboard camera on them making sure they’re actually watching the video and then a test afterwards they have to score 100 on to make sure they paid attention and understood. 🙄
Seriously would this be a bad thing? Then we all can tweet at every single news report a video of everything a person must go through to be able to use AP and FSD.

Reactions: navguy12

I've seen instances in other industries of requiring a video from the operator explaining in their own words how they understand the specific conditions for accepting the personal responsibility for their part in the test.

This would be tough to overcome if push came to shove in court.

Just have an audio clip play at random intervals "While using FSD you are responsible for monitoring it" and stick a banner on the screen while in use. Done. No silly tests etc. Granted it probably wouldn't matter, but it would be harder for the fudsters to pretend that "people don't know the car can't drive itself because it's called FSD".

it’s paradoxical since the people who will benefit the most from autopilot in the end are the drivers with poor situational judgment. However, they are the ones Tesla absolutely do not want as first beta testers because they will be the ones filming their car driving itself FSD while sitting on the back seat or having a beer on a camping chair on the glass roof of their car while being dumbfounded why they fall off the roof in a sharp turn. So much to get views on YouTube or attention.
I agree there is the need to be a mandatory video to watch, a valid post test, a signed contract that you lose FSD capability on the lifetime of the vehicle if you post a video online about encouraging dangerous behaviour on the road using FSD in dangerous situations without proper surveillance.

Since we have touch screens, Tesla could have all owners who click on the FSD Beta button sign a contract on the screen that clearly states in BOLD that the car is not fully self driving yet, and that they understand they have to monitor the car at all times and are personally responsible for any accidents. Maybe that would address some of the criticism from the NTSB and others who continue to make ridiculous claims about Tesla, Autopilot, and owners.
I doubt it, the NTSB is run by those who support legacy auto and oil, so their job depends upon dissing Tesla.

Honestly I dont believe FSD or AP should enable until drivers have sat in the cars and watched safety videos through the car. Car should make sure butt in seat and full video played before allowing to be enabled. I also agree with the signing terms of agreement. If someone of different weight attempts to drive they should have to go through process as well.
I think it's more important to watch the YouTube videos and see the kind of situations FSD might have an issue with.

It’s not a very big question. It’s not even a tiny question. Answer: Somebody dies and most likely because they didn’t take the necessary caution and attention required to drive with (or without) FSD engaged. In other words, they didn’t value their lives enough nor those around them.

It behooves all people to get out of their fearmongering state. If you can’t, then give into your fear and hedge by selling your TSLA stock. And don’t get irritated because I just gave you the solution to your fear.
No its a real question. I have asked the same thing multiple times over the years on this thread. Its about liability, when FSD is involved in an accident with a casualty, and it will happen, who is liable? Because the NTSB is snooping around, now some here are thinking about the same question. Kudos to Tesla for being careful in choosing Beta testers, it tells me Elon and his management team are thinking about the same question too.

To think a jury of 12 people will not emotionally react to such an event is naïve, ignorant or stupid, take your pick. This is the country where McDonalds lost a suit because they made the coffee too hot.

My Tesla stock has rewarded me very well by the way, thank you for the advice.

10/8 $800c are down about 9% today. Strange. Putting in an order at $4.20 in case they dip further in the mid-morning.

Calls further out at 10/29(post earnings) appear about unchanged.
Theta decay... first 800c that is up is 10/22. I think 10/8s have a good shot of getting ITM, but for them to raise much this week, the share price will have to get above 750. 760-770 would have them solidly up.

The line isn't getting any shorter for MiC Model Y:

Cheers!
Its a good hedge considering two factories about to open, that is a lot of product to sell. This could be another market for Berlin to supply as well.

The problem with scarcasm is people don't think you're serious. Or they do, depending on what best suits their self-interest. That defeats the purpose.
Pro sarcasm tip; sarcasm is both serious and not serious at the same time, therefore open to whatever interpretation the receiver wishes to use. Thusly, sarcasm is inclusive and applicable to all.

Indeed, I would argue that how one rates a sarcastic post tells the deployer of said sarcasm much about the receiver, in turn allowing for better communication in non-sarcastic situations - though I’ve yet to determine a single situation where sarcasm can’t be applied.

Theta decay... first 800c that is up is 10/22. I think 10/8s have a good shot of getting ITM, but for them to raise much this week, the share price will have to get above 750. 760-770 would have them solidly up.
That's today's change. <1hr of open market theta decay since Friday's close and the price is down 9%? I guess IV was just a good tick higher Friday with the steep drop in SP.

Reactions: PokerFJÆS
Its ironic, FSD will eventually be a perfect system. The problem is it has to operate in an imperfect environment with humans drivers. Tteaching FSD to read road signs, is relatively easy. The problem is teaching FSD to read road signs and react to the driver in the next lane texting or putting on makeup. Moving AI from being theoretical to reality.

Licensing this tech, even in an imperfect state should yield positive results for the stock price.

Oh the classic Mule 800s. Once bitten, twice shy. I wish you luck!
If you ain't first, yer last!

Edit: And just to be clear, I HAVE learned many a lesson here! If I weren't traveling all day yesterday, I would have gone with the much more rational bull put spreads. As it was, all I could do was put in simple cheap call orders on my phone. I'm just picking up 1 or 2 call contracts here and there when they're obvious bargains.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustMe