Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1639239335248.jpeg

Hell yes. I really, really, really, really, want Elon to just randomly one day announce the 4680 ramp is complete, lowers the prices of the car, and say's "Come and get em!" They instantly flood the markets over the next months/year and have all the media in a frenzy....

Elon told us in October that there is a "better than even chance" that 4680 cell volume production would be running at Giga Texas by late 2022. Tesla IR repeated that to Institutional Investors at the Deutsche Bank event on Dec 12th.

Have you SEEN all the drone videos coming out of Giga Texas? There's a new vid every 2 days. The bty cell plant is nowhere near complete. They were still moving in large equipment this week. The walls aren't even closed out. It's not gonna be running at scale in less than a year, but then that scale will just keep building and building, like a tsunami of 4680s... :p

So in this case, Gates Law applies:

2b610b58d5623ce260127b92e2d409ee.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
[Canadian] Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland has written to top U.S. senators threatening to suspend parts of the USMCA trade agreement and impose tariffs on American goods unless U.S. officials back away from a proposed tax credit for American-built electric vehicles.

"We are deeply concerned that certain provisions of the electric vehicle tax credits as proposed in the Build Back Better Act violate the United States' obligations under the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement," Freeland and International Trade Minister Mary Ng say in the letter.

"The proposal is equivalent to a 34 per cent tariff on Canadian-assembled electric vehicles," the letter says. "The proposal is a significant threat to the Canadian automotive industry and is a de facto abrogation of the USMCA."

I'd assume in many states it would be illegal to drive without mirrors, at least on the driver side.
Thirty years ago when it used to matter to me I "researched" (back then that meant asking a cop) the issue. In Alabama he showed me the law. It said the car had to have "A" rear view mirror." And he told me that it meant that a vehicle had to have one. either in the middle of the windshield, on the outside of the door, or up near the front wheel/bumper. If it had ONE it was legal.

Right. Elon need to clarify the issue
Most likely he doesn't want to increase drag just for a wiper blade. The hood/bonnet transition to the windshield is currently flat so no resistance is created. When you open up a horizontal gap to hide the wiper you create drag. Likely at least as bad as what a mirror adds. The current vertical positioning adds to it but probably not too much asit's inline with your travel.

Thirty years ago when it used to matter to me I "researched" (back then that meant asking a cop) the issue. In Alabama he showed me the law. It said the car had to have "A" rear view mirror." And he told me that it meant that a vehicle had to have one. either in the middle of the windshield, on the outside of the door, or up near the front wheel/bumper. If it had ONE it was legal.
It varies by state, some require one and others require all three. Technically I think PA requires three. With Jeep doors off, most in PA are of the belief you need to attach some other type of mirror to the empty door hinges.

Elon may be right that a truck owner can remove mirrors after delivery, but that's at the federal safety regulatory level. Some states will take issue.

I honestly dont care about single stack at this time, especially if NAP takes a step back. More important for Tesla to spend the time perfecting Autosteer on City streets then merging the code.
In my experience, NoAP is actually better already for my FSD beta vehicle vs our Y without it. I’m hopeful it will remain this way and continue to improve.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: JusRelax and Skipdd
Tesla is best selling made in China EV in November:

But AJ has said Tesla is a busted growth story in China....who to believe??
The Analyst who is employed by a big banking firm with all the tools to research at his disposal?.....or the fine folks here on the forum?

Most likely he doesn't want to increase drag just for a wiper blade. The hood/bonnet transition to the windshield is currently flat so no resistance is created. When you open up a horizontal gap to hide the wiper you create drag. Likely at least as bad as what a mirror adds. The current vertical positioning adds to it but probably not too much asit's inline with your travel.
I was thinking about a Mercedes I had driven back in the 1980s and was fascinated by the single wiper that would articulate in such a manner that it actually covered the whole windscreen:

Technical Curiosities: Mercedes’ Monoblade Wiper – Spannerhead

Wouldn't it be ”funny” if the CyberTruck release/ramp up was being held up NOT because of the ground breaking manufacturing process for the unibody and folded SS body parts but for such an anodyne reason as the layout of a wiper arm?

I'm assuming Tesla Semi production is taking place in the existing warehouse to the northwest of GF1 since I can't find any images of a new building and I can't imagine we would have been unaware of new construction. (Older pic just for reference)

View attachment 743161
The Semi factory is on the plot to the west of the Tesla Warehouse (opposite Home Depot). Tesla move so quickly that Google Maps can't keep up. They have built a factory and started production since the last update!

You can see the Home Depot and Chewy.com buildings at 1.06 here:

Google maps

The Semi factory is on the plot to the west of the Tesla Warehouse (opposite Home Depot). Tesla move so quickly that Google Maps can't keep up. They have built a factory and started production since the last update!

You can see the Home Depot and Chewy.com buildings at 1.06 here:

Google maps
I want to know how an entire Tesla semi factory was built without any daily drone flyovers for me to obsess over.