Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If nobody has concocted a fake “Your Cybertruck is ready for delivery, click here to confirm your delivery date“ phishing attack yet, I’m sure they will soon. “Pay your initial deposit in bitcoin to lock in your configuration!”

People believe what they want to believe and after years of working with doctors, many of them are likely more vulnerable to this kind of thing.
“Pay your initial deposit in bitcoin Doge to lock in your configuration!”

This would be more believable.

• Funny
Reactions: Richard007 and Ogre
Sounds like not everyone in the Rust Belt is happy with the proposed EV legislation. The requirement for mineral sourcing and processing in the US or country with a Free Trade agreement is going to prove tough.

Hadn’t really thought about this, but this essentially makes all Model 3s ineligible, the less expensive ones due to LFP content, the more expensive due to pricing. Model Y fares a bit better I think. Not sure about where Panasonic gets their minerals sourced. Texas cells should be safe here?

Since GM & Ford source all their batteries from China and Asia, they aren’t loving this either.

Rivian is complaining about the cap for obvious reasons.

Maybe round 3 is going to get scuppered as well.
Isn't the whole point of the program to lay out a big juicy carrot to force US manufacturers to update their supply chains to meet the requirement?

Not sure about where Panasonic gets their minerals sourced.

I believe the proposed legislation specifies 'battery materials sourced or processed in America, or a free-trade partner country. But yes, that means CATL packs from China for Model 3 would not be eligible. There's also the time component of the materials ramp to consider (100% by 2030 in 10% annual increments)

Isn't the whole point of the program to lay out a big juicy carrot to force US manufacturers to update their supply chains to meet the requirement?
This is 'merika. Home of regulatory capture.

The point is for the bill to give the appearance of forcing US manufacturers to do something while actually just blocking new entrants from entering the market. It's Machiavellian theater at its finest.

Yes. It's the one part of the EV tax credit I kind of like.

Oh, that and the used EV credit is a decent idea but the prohibition of person to person sales is ridiculous.

I believe the proposed legislation specifies 'battery materials sourced or processed in America, or a free-trade partner country. But yes, that means CATL packs from China for Model 3 would not be eligible. There's also the time component of the materials ramp to consider (100% by 2030 in 10% annual increments)
It could be that enough of the minerals are sourced in a free trade country to qualify under that part of the provision.

It's so dang complicated, there is just no way to tell what would be eligible today. The rules will need to be clarified by the Department of Energy after the bill is passed.

Looks like retail investors (us ;) ) have a part in the stock rising also according to this report:
This is so dumb and makes Gary looks like an amateur for even sharing it. Retail doesn't have the nearly the purchasing power to cause the majority of the 45% rally off of the lows. Not even close. Not even in the same universe close.

I personally despise this narrative that Wall St continues to try and push in terms of retail investors influence on a stock's actions. GME/AMC aren't the same as TSLA. Those market caps are tiny compared to TSLA. It takes exponentially more money/purchasing power to move something like TSLA

This is so dumb and makes Gary looks like an amateur for even sharing it. Retail doesn't have the nearly the purchasing power to cause the majority of the 45% rally off of the lows. Not even close. Not even in the same universe close.

I personally despise this narrative that Wall St continues to try and push in terms of retail investors influence on a stock's actions. GME/AMC aren't the same as TSLA. Those market caps are tiny compared to TSLA. It takes exponentially more money/purchasing power to move something like TSLA
CNN is blaming wallstreetbets on Reddit for a pump n dump that just occurred with HKD.

HKD was first mentioned on wallstreetbets yesterday, when it was already astronomically high, with a warning to stay away. It also has non-public shares and no options.

Media continuing to lie and now using reddit users as a scapegoat.

How many examples need to happen before people stop believing anything the "news" says?

Looks like retail investors (us ;) ) have a part in the stock rising also according to this report:

Retail investors to the Wall Street investors:

thanos-fine-ill-do-it-myself.gif

Maybe, but I’ve thought for many years that the fraction of retail investors that hold with no intention of selling is quite high. If so, that makes the actual ‘free float’ relatively low for such a large cap company. It’s part of the reason that the manips are able to induce so much volatility. It would also make retail, or any other investors or shorts, more influential than might otherwise be the case.

Reactions: petit_bateau