Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Vision coming to radar-equipped cars on 2022.24.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Update 2022.24.6 release notes are now available and now brings Tesla Vision to radar-equipped vehicles. This change was first seen in the mystery 2022.20.9 release which was only pushed out to a small number of cars.
Tesla Update 2022.24.6 Release Notes | Tesla Updates

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 6.15.42 PM.png

(Credit: Tesla Updates)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MX100DM3P2017
Or, "Tesla unable to achieve sensor fusion; remove sensors instead".

I assume this means things like AEB won't work in heavy fog anymore.

Are there any actual improvements to UK autopilot? It seems basically like it's been stood still for 2 years whilst they work on cool not-really-FSD stuff in the US. NoA still borked?

Reactions: PerBB

Are there any actual improvements to UK autopilot? It seems basically like it's been stood still for 2 years whilst they work on cool not-really-FSD stuff in the US. NoA still borked?
NoA was further restricted two months ago, so no, no better!

Interesting. On 8/20/22 I installed 2022.20.8 and on 8/29/22 my rear camera ceased to function. The night of 8/29/22 installed 2022.20.9. Now I have no visualization of other cars on the screen and TACC/Autosteer do not work. At the SC appointment today was told that I need a new computer. Coincidence??

Interesting. On 8/20/22 I installed 2022.20.8 and on 8/29/22 my rear camera ceased to function. The night of 8/29/22 installed 2022.20.9. Now I have no visualization of other cars on the screen and TACC/Autosteer do not work. At the SC appointment today was told that I need a new computer. Coincidence??
Updates can cause dying computers to die, updating is a lot of strain

Do you run that site? Seems like most of your threads have links to the website and/or the Twitter account. If so, you might want to update that Tesla Vision availability from "Available in United States" as it seems like 2022.24.6 is going to not-US while 2022.20.9 seemed to basically only go to US vehicles.
I'm in the U.S. and this is happening right now

Screenshot_20220902-022327_Tesla.jpg

I was referring to these: 2022.24.5 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates. I was looking at them before 2022.24.6 was out, but I just looked now and that note is no longer there, so I guess the site moved that item to 24.6.
Yes that site is frequently wrong. They initially posted that 2022.24.6 contained bug fixes only on Twitter and only after I shared that 2022.24.6 has Tesla Vision, they updated it.

What's funny is Tesla Updates (Tesla Release Notes, News, Leaks and Software Information | Tesla Updates) accidentally called the vision item "Tesla Vision" and as soon as they shared the release notes, 10 minutes later, NotATeslaApp posted the release notes but theirs also said "Tesla Vision" proving that they've just copied the release notes from Tesla Updates — when Tesla Updates realised the mistake and updated the item to be correctly called "Tesla Vision Update", NotATeslaApp updated their site to say the same.

I was the one who shared the initial European update notes with Tesla Updates exclusively.

NOTA aren't reliable and have frequently been caught posting untrue, incorrect and copied information.

Reactions: MP3Mike
1) If it's been released in the US for a while, why would they need to start at lower speeds for wide release?

2) I didn't buy a 50 grand car to be a guinea pig and have functionality that I paid for taken away. If I wanted to be that I would allow the "advanced" beta software updates.

I regularly drive on the autobahn - probably as many miles in my Model 3 as in the UK - and even the grannies in Polos are doing 150 km/h. It's the default speed for anyone not speeding. This is embarrassing, not to mention as others have said the auto wipers are not fit for purpose. Last winter in Germany I had to constantly switch the wipers on and off, as the screen got snowed up when they failed to recognise the problem due to the camera module being warm enough not to be covered.

I'll be going out of my way not to accept the next update until it is confirmed that the same functionality we have now is back. Perhaps disabling the WiFi will do it.
same here, what a load of bulls****!

Seriously p’d off about this (ie the enforced sh1tty auto high beam and wipers) - might actually consider selling the car sooner rather than later if some major improvements to these don’t appear pretty damn soon.

Forcing features on people is one thing, but forcing obviously sh1t features on people is inexcusable.

Fix those first, then use them with the Tesla vision if you must, then force them on people if you must.

I you don't know Mobile Eyes test cars with vision only in Japan actually . How do you drive yourself on heavy fog ????

Yes that site is frequently wrong. They initially posted that 2022.24.6 contained bug fixes only on Twitter and only after I shared that 2022.24.6 has Tesla Vision, they updated it.

What's funny is Tesla Updates (Tesla Release Notes, News, Leaks and Software Information | Tesla Updates) accidentally called the vision item "Tesla Vision" and as soon as they shared the release notes, 10 minutes later, NotATeslaApp posted the release notes but theirs also said "Tesla Vision" proving that they've just copied the release notes from Tesla Updates — when Tesla Updates realised the mistake and updated the item to be correctly called "Tesla Vision Update", NotATeslaApp updated their site to say the same.

I was the one who shared the initial European update notes with Tesla Updates exclusively.

NOTA aren't reliable and have frequently been caught posting untrue, incorrect and copied information.
I didn’t know about the Tesla Updates site, thanks for the tip.

The improvements we want don’t require any regulatory changes - so the condition attached to the promise is a false one.

Tons of other cars already do these very basic tasks (eg correctly detect speed limits and then apply that limit to TACC so that the car does not exceed the limit) way way better than Tesla.

Elon should come over here and try driving an ID3 with speed assist and matrix lights.

Last edited:
Reactions: PerBB