Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what TeslaFI.COM display is doing.

Example of my cut-n-paste of my date from it and then a re-calculated column.

pO1DKNE.jpg

Thanks. I’ll have to check mine every so often.

Figure it's time for an update!

upload_2019-10-2_11-35-18.png

The huge drop at 20k miles occurred exactly when I charged the car to 100% :( As stated a while back, the slow climb before the huge drop occurred after the 325 SW update.

I wonder if the pack was recalibrated after balancing at 100% and is now reporting the "true" capacity.

Also, anyone know if we should be used 325 or 310 miles (for LR RWD) when trying to calculated percent loss for warranty purposes? Car shipped with 310 in July 2018, but was "upgraded" to 325 via SW...

Last edited:
Also, anyone know if we should be used 325 or 310 miles (for LR RWD) when trying to calculated percent loss for warranty purposes? Car shipped with 310 in July 2018, but was "upgraded" to 325 via SW...

I think we're still a bit away from anyone making claims on the 70% battery warranty (30% loss). But we're definitely getting closer. I've ran across someone with LR RWD and 267 miles at 100%. So either 14% or 18% loss.

My Model 3 SR+ is less than 4 months old with 3,600 miles on the odometer. I'm already at 5% degradation. This is faster than what most others are reporting. Any chance this is because of Colorado cold? Will it get better in the Spring? (I've only used a supercharger twice. Typically charging to 80% in the garage. I've charged at home to 100% three times before long trips.)
FusionCharts.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 7.59.01 PM.png

My Model 3 SR+ is less than 4 months old with 3,600 miles on the odometer. I'm already at 5% degradation. This is faster than what most others are reporting. Any chance this is because of Colorado cold? Will it get better in the Spring? (I've only used a supercharger twice. Typically charging to 80% in the garage. I've charged at home to 100% three times before long trips.)
Wait until spring ... my son just took his Model 3 LR from a moderate temp mid-latitude state to a colder temp high-latitude state for Christmas. His range dropped as you can see in the graph below.

See the cliff at the far right of this graph. (Pink = temp_in_F+200 for scaling /// blue = range at 100% )

BTp1rHl.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TMThree and bijan
Wait until spring ... my son just took his Model 3 LR from a moderate temp mid-latitude state to a colder temp high-latitude state for Christmas. His range dropped as you can see in the graph below.

Thanks Scott. That's encouraging. I'm really grateful for the community of experienced owners out there and for all the information and support that's available.

Reactions: scottf200
I might have to sign up for TeslaFi... My Stealth AWD 3 is only 3 months old and only charges to 304 miles... seems like a lot of degredation for only 3 months and less than 3000 miles. I do charge to 90% daily, only supercharged twice, and only charged to 100% a handfull of times, got below 20% once. I was hoping the 322 mile upgrade would have at least put me above the original 310. :(

Here’s my Teslafi battery report. It was a lot warmer today. In my case I believe my range loss is due to colder temps. Before today’s battery report, my battery was cold soaked with the snowflake icon on the display and zero regen braking.

Attachments

• 0DBA1490-A883-4D67-8F06-18C6E4CCFD53.png
    0DBA1490-A883-4D67-8F06-18C6E4CCFD53.png
    516.8 KB · Views: 92
Those who are charging to 90% everyday I would strongly suggest that you get that down to 80% or even 70%.

Just a hunch. I have had my Model S for two years and 30k miles and now Model 3 for 20 months and 27K miles and have had very little degradation on both maintaining at 70% for daily usage.

Reactions: TMThree
Those who are charging to 90% everyday I would strongly suggest that you get that down to 80% or even 70%.

Just a hunch. I have had my Model S for two years and 30k miles and now Model 3 for 20 months and 27K miles and have had very little degradation on both maintaining at 70% for daily usage.

1 of 3
mm0h85D.jpg

2 of 3
LikeTeslaKim points out that Prof Dahn has recommended 70%

3 of 3
ALKjB1o.jpg

1100 miles on the odo. That big drop was right after 2019.40.5.1 :confused:

This is probably due to redefinition of the constant with that update for 2020. It looks like you have 19” wheels selected? Presumably a 2020 model...

Peruse this post and follow the links for more info.

Take a picture of your Energy Consumption screen and calculate the constant if in doubt.

In short, your range has likely increased, though the number displayed has gone down - because each mile contains much more energy (3% fewer but each 5% bigger!). It is a really nice Christmas present (which you already paid for...)! Congrats on getting more range!

I was hoping the 322 mile upgrade would have at least put me above the original 310. :(

Do you have a 2019 or 2020? If you have a 2019, there may be no upgrade to range (we do not know yet). For 2020 it appears there will be.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MobbsThree
Status
Not open for further replies.