Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my 2022 Model Y when the price of FSD was 10K. I did not add it at that time. I added it to my order later when the price on the web site was 12K. When I modified my order is showed the price for FSD at 10K so I went ahead and added it. You just never know.
So you had your car in your possession when you added FSD or the car was still pending when you added FSD?

Well this is weird. What happened to my entry on the spreadsheet? Seems like a ton of users got removed off the spreadsheet.

I finally took delivery this Sunday after waiting over a year for my Y with countless delays. Went back to record it on the spreadsheet and not there.

I appreciate @Troy 's Model Y tracker. Looks like MY AWD 7 seat White/White is nearly a unicorn. I feel the long lead as I believe I am the longest hold out w/ over 13 months wait (and counting) OD 08/28/2021 (today is 2022-09-27). Looking forward to my first Tesla vehicle experience and updating the spreadsheet to help inform the community of the wait times and trends over time.

Hi, everybody. Here are the links for this project:
I appreciate @Troy 's Model Y tracker. Looks like MY AWD 7 seat White/White is nearly a unicorn. I feel the long lead as I believe I am the longest hold out w/ over 13 months wait (and counting) OD 08/28/2021 (today is 2022-09-27). Looking forward to my first Tesla vehicle experience and updating the spreadsheet to help inform the community of the wait times and trends over time.
Our new Model Y Long Range was delivered in our driveway this morning. The odometer had 25 miles on it but, most of that was probably from the drive from the Tesla Buena Park Delivery Center. It has been a little over 8 months since the order date. So far, I haven't found any problems. There was some adhesive on the trim and the car was a little dirty. Panels look pretty even and haven't found any paint defects. No rear shelf cover or license plate frame but, there was the front license plate holder and J-1772 adapter in the rear compartment. I think it has the Matrix headlights.

Keep your hopes up, I ordered that same exact model August 4, 2021 and got the car this week-end after 435 days...

I've been waiting since June 17th for my long range AWD with 7 seats. Filtering the spreadsheet for this config shows they havent delivered a single one since April. What is the deal?!?!?! Why is Tesla delaying these?
Weird. What color/config?
My neighbor ordered his MYLR 7 seater in July and should be delivered this month. White/black. SA even said she could get a VIN earlier if she wants. In CA

Weird. What color/config?
My neighbor ordered his MYLR 7 seater in July and should be delivered this month. White/black. SA even said she could get a VIN earlier if she wants. In CA
Midnight silver/black long range AWD, 19" tires, 7 seater, tow hitch. NY

Edit: worth noting that originally the estimate said november, then it changed to december, and now it shows jan-feb. They keep delaying it.

I've been waiting since June 17th for my long range AWD with 7 seats. Filtering the spreadsheet for this config shows they havent delivered a single one since April. What is the deal?!?!?! Why is Tesla delaying these?
I ordered a 7-seater (white/white LR, AWD with tow hitch) in early May for delivery in NJ (I live in Vermont and this is the closest pickup spot for us to take delivery of a Tesla). In mid-November the app said to expect the car by December 31. I then requested a trade-in value for my 2019 Model 3 with 50,000 miles on it and was given the ridiculously low value (at least in my mind) of $22,700. I cancelled my order because as a one-car owner it was getting too expensive to upgrade to a Model Y (I would have to borrow money at increasing interest rates to purchase the MY and the sell the M3 in an uncertain private sale.) I just deleted my entry in the table so that it won't skew the results for the rest of the community. I still aspire to acquire a MY, but for the time being the M3 is going to be just fine!

• Love
Reactions: alexgr
If you get delivery pushed to January, will you be able to claim $7500 tax deduction? Could be a benefit of your long wait...
No i dont think I will qualify.

I'm still a little confused on that one. My 2021 agi is too high (which I dont think is relevant anyway in this case). My 2022 agi , which i would file some time between jan1 and march 15th (some time beginning next year) MIGHT qualify (lots of crypto losses to deduct), and 2023 which i'd file jan1-march15th 2024 is prob too high. If i buy the car next month (jan 2023) and file my 2022 taxes lets say in feb, WHICH filing do i submit the form? My 2022 taxes or not until my 2023 taxes which wouldnt be filed until 2024?

Also afaik the tax credit reduction at purchase time doesnt take affect until 2024 so thats not part of this equation.

Last edited:
my order was confirmed and vin assigned.
applied tesla finance and got approved with US bank at 5.99 apr
does tesla allows multiple loan options ? or how can i request tesla to shop around ?
i got good credit and i assume i can get better rate than 5.99

my order was confirmed and vin assigned.
applied tesla finance and got approved with US bank at 5.99 apr
does tesla allows multiple loan options ? or how can i request tesla to shop around ?
i got good credit and i assume i can get better rate than 5.99
Tesla does shop around and presents you the best deal. If you think you can do better and want to self finance you mark the purchase as cash and do everything on your own and your lender will give you a check to give to Tesla. Going through Tesla allows you to pay through the app and not have to shop on your own.

Tesla does shop around and presents you the best deal. If you think you can do better and want to self finance you mark the purchase as cash and do everything on your own and your lender will give you a check to give to Tesla. Going through Tesla allows you to pay through the app and not have to shop on your own.
Didn’t realize they shop around?? Assumed they worked with one lender.

I tried many options to reach out SA and no luck. I chosen delivery tomorrow... Lot of questions on my trade in. I got automated call from Tesla about my delivery and option 3 was to speak with advisor and got immediate message like "a advisor will reach you shortly". it is more than 5 hours at this point and no call from SA.
At this point, i will take the delivery with whatever the apr rate and refinance to credit unions.. little more work and time .. i think 14 days is the total days where you don't see as multiple hits in the credit report... right ?

When I applied I got 3 or 4 letters of rejection so maybe they just shop around when something is turned down. It doesn't hurt them to send it to multiple lenders since they are getting their money either way. There might be a way to verify through your credit report to see if multiple lenders were queried.

When I applied I got 3 or 4 letters of rejection so maybe they just shop around when something is turned down. It doesn't hurt them to send it to multiple lenders since they are getting their money either way. There might be a way to verify through your credit report to see if multiple lenders were queried.
I have credit monitoring. All 3 credit reporting agencies showed me that only one lender (US Bank) hit as one hard enquiry
I don't think Tesla doing shop around.. At the same time i don't know the process to tell tesla to shop around

I have credit monitoring. All 3 credit reporting agencies showed me that only one lender (US Bank) hit as one hard enquiry
I don't think Tesla doing shop around.. At the same time i don't know the process to tell tesla to shop around
Yeah. Would be surprised if they did routinely. Not much incentive for them. They just want to give you a loan at the least headache for them. Plus I’m certain they get some kickback/perk for shuttling people to one of their “preferred/partner” banks.