Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems most of those add on devices lag by about 1 mph or so, almost no matter the make.
Understandable, but it’s not the actual “speed” of vehicle travel - that is spot on. It’s the set speed display of autopilot, the one you change by scrolling up and down with the right wheel. It always indicates a set speed 1 mph lower than the MCU.

Or did you mean other aftermarket secondary displays show the autopilot speed setting incorrectly?

Attachments

• 69E1C8F2-B814-4EA0-9F59-0308D7DB8F19.jpeg
    69E1C8F2-B814-4EA0-9F59-0308D7DB8F19.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 190
The autopilot set speed is 1 mph lower on the Teslogic app screen vs the MCU. Otherwise so far so good same as @jeffml . About 300 miles into our 2000 mile trip.

Dark mode automatically follows the car display (it changed automatically when the MCU did at sunset last night).

Edit: Actually not so sure about dark mode auto-follow of the MCU. I manually changed the MCU to dark just now and the Teslogic phone did not change. It must be something else I have set in iOS.

We’re using this with a spare iPhone X without internet.
Maybe linked to iOS white orcDark mode ?

Reactions: starship42
Understandable, but it’s not the actual “speed” of vehicle travel - that is spot on. It’s the set speed display of autopilot, the one you change by scrolling up and down with the right wheel. It always indicates a set speed 1 mph lower than the MCU.

Or did you mean other aftermarket secondary displays show the autopilot speed setting incorrectly?
Gotcha. Yes, I meant the actual speed on aftermarket devices, not autopilot speed. Glad to hear it’s not the case with this one.

Reactions: starship42

Actually it's worse than that. Whatever number they are showing, it is NOT the set speed. If you get behind a slower car, it shows some speed that's close to, but not exactly your actual speed. Also, I found that if I pressed the accelerator when it was showing 1mph less, it would got up that 1mph.

Will all of the Bluetooth functions between an iPhone and the MY still be functional when the iPhone is also communicating with the transmitter? I often use the iPhone’s Bluetooth connection for music, podcasts and telephone functions. I would need these to still be functional.
I would also like to be able to switch to other applications on the iPhone. Is that possible with the app.

OK, another issue. The metal puck on the back of my phone case is preventing my phone from wirelessly charging. I'll have to choose between using wireless charging, or getting a different mount. I first thought I would just have to try centering the puck a little more, but the dimensions of the mount doesn't really allow for that. I have the base attached as high up as I can on the steering column, and still the puck has to be low on the phone as it sits on the mount.

It was funny, I hadn't noticed the problem when I got up and halfway through Sunday my phone shuts down because of a low battery while I'm driving. I was ready to blame the app for chewing through my battery. When I checked the battery history and saw that it hadn't charged the night before, I then thought I had just misaligned the phone when I went to charge it before, which has happened once or twice. It wasn't until when I put it on my charging stand last night that I realized that wireless charging was not working at all.

Last edited:
OK, another issue. The metal puck on the back of my phone case is preventing my phone from wirelessly charging. I'll have to choose between using wireless charging, or getting a different mount. I first thought I would just have to try centering the puck a little more, but the dimensions of the mount doesn't really allow for that. I have the base attached as high up as I can on the steering column, and that means the puck has to be low on the phone as it sits on the mount.

It was funny, I hadn't noticed the problem when I got up and halfway through Sunday morning my phone shuts down because of a low battery while I'm driving. I was ready to blame the app for chewing through my battery. It was later when I put it on my charging stand that I realized it was the wireless charging the night before that had failed.
Thank you for posting all these updates! I have a Pixel 6 Pro and ordered last week. Looking forward to trying this out.

OK, another issue. The metal puck on the back of my phone case is preventing my phone from wirelessly charging. I'll have to choose between using wireless charging, or getting a different mount. I first thought I would just have to try centering the puck a little more, but the dimensions of the mount doesn't really allow for that. I have the base attached as high up as I can on the steering column, and still the puck has to be low on the phone as it sits on the mount.

It was funny, I hadn't noticed the problem when I got up and halfway through Sunday my phone shuts down because of a low battery while I'm driving. I was ready to blame the app for chewing through my battery. When I checked the battery history, I then thought I had just misaligned the phone when I went to charge it the night before, which has happened once or twice. It wasn't until when I put it on my charging stand last night that I realized that wireless charging was not working at all.
How was the hardware install for the chip and wiring? Is it fairly easy as shown in the installation video?

How was the hardware install for the chip and wiring? Is it fairly easy as shown in the installation video?
Extremely easy. The Tesla interior is ludicrously easy to take apart. From taking the transmitter out of the box it was in the car in less than 5 minutes. The only thing that might present a problem for someone is removing one of the panel clips requires a spudger or trim removal tool and that doesn't come in the package. You could use a screwdriver or your fingers but it could be tight. I have a trim removal tool so it just popped right off.

Note, I have a 2021+.

Will all of the Bluetooth functions between an iPhone and the MY still be functional when the iPhone is also communicating with the transmitter? I often use the iPhone’s Bluetooth connection for music, podcasts and telephone functions. I would need these to still be functional.
I would also like to be able to switch to other applications on the iPhone. Is that possible with the app.

Another bug to report. The odometer shows KMs value even though it says miles and I am set to mph not km/h.

Also, metal disk is not strong enough to hold through a cheap thin phone case. I did order the build in wireless charger that replaces the top of your steering wheel, but have not installed yet so this will be a non issue for me.

Yes, all the other bluetooth devices/connections will act as before. As long as other iPhone apps.

Reactions: sorphin and JKad
Just a comment for those wondering about the install. I have a 2022 Model 3, and install took less than 5 minutes, i'm sure i could speed run it in about a minute, but even taking my time to slowly remove the trim panels it was super easy. The first step to the install should be to remove the floor mat if you have any of the harder not carpet ones that ride up the sides because it can make putting the trim back in hang up on it.

Reactions: sorphin

It was funny, I hadn't noticed the problem when I got up and halfway through Sunday my phone shuts down because of a low battery while I'm driving. I was ready to blame the app for chewing through my battery. When I checked the battery history and saw that it hadn't charged the night before, I then thought I had just misaligned the phone when I went to charge it before, which has happened once or twice. It wasn't until when I put it on my charging stand last night that I realized that wireless charging was not working at all.
That's disappointing because I contacted the vendor with the same concern and was told "An iPhone without a case can be held on by our magnet." which now apparently doesn't seem accurate.