Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things I worry about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Things about my tesla I worry about....

And none of them are range, nor AP.

- Will the high beam work? Because if it doesn't, I don't know how to use it :)
- It's rained, has it leaked like a sieve... will there be water everywhere?
- Will it let me down when I go to demo the acceleration to a friend and end up looking like a berk?

What worries do you have?

I worry about getting a flat tire as I haven't decided on the best solution for that situation.

I worry about needing service as the service model is weak (slow, not consumer-friendly and parts distribution is also slow as well).

Reactions: JohnnyMiller
Everything others have said, plus:
  • Speeding tickets
  • If it charged successfully overnight (after the recent API issues)
  • Will the public chargers work when I go into areas not well served by the supercharger network
  • Will getting up to a nice warm, completely defrosted car make me soft

• Funny
Reactions: Doudeau
Apart from my quickly dissipating range anxiety, I don't have any other worries - worries that are EV or Tesla related anyway.

Worries related to just general car ownership are:
  • Curbing wheels
  • Denting bodywork
  • My wife taking speed bumps at gut-wrenching speed
The final point probably happens more often than I'd care to know.

My fears,
My visit to the birmingham service centre tomorrow to have my rear lights fitted with a bouyancy aid (changed) & passenger door realigned.
Any future service issues, I'm anticipating horrendous charges & disputes over warranty issues.
A tyre problem, although I've already committed to the tesla repair kit.
A breakdown, i called them a while back it took 14 minutes to answer (a test call), so make sure your phones charged.
Future paint problems, after reading posts on here. Ive spent virtually 2k to protect the paint, never done that before & had no issues.

I honestly can't recall ever having any fears after buying a new car & believe me I've bought a few.

1. Denting it. That’s the reason it’s only the second brand new car I’ve bought in 50 years. The first was scratched by my bicycle in the garage.
2. Wy wife kerbing the wheels. She has driven too close to the kerb forever. And yet, her wheels don’t have a mark on them...

IIRC the high beam can be used from the stalk
If the battery has a good charge acceleration whiplash will abound!
If it hasn’t leaked in rain to date, chances are it won’t.

Things about my tesla I worry about....

And none of them are range, nor AP.

- Will the high beam work? Because if it doesn't, I don't know how to use it :)
- It's rained, has it leaked like a sieve... will there be water everywhere?
- Will it let me down when I go to demo the acceleration to a friend and end up looking like a berk?

What worries do you have?

The thing that worries me ... is you! Are talking about a car you do not have yet? High beam works the same as on any other car I've driven ... why wouldn't it work? Leaks like a sieve ... get it fixed! Leaking like a sieve (or at all) is not common ... does yours leak? I have been following this forum for well over a year and never heard of any instance of someone giving a demo of acceleration and having anything other than an impressive result. Stop worrying!!!

Reactions: Rustybkts
The thing that worries me ... is you! Are talking about a car you do not have yet? High beam works the same as on any other car I've driven ... why wouldn't it work? Leaks like a sieve ... get it fixed! Leaking like a sieve (or at all) is not common ... does yours leak? I have been following this forum for well over a year and never heard of any instance of someone giving a demo of acceleration and having anything other than an impressive result. Stop worrying!!!

I humbly apologise for the worry I’ve given you.

• Funny
Reactions: Neilio and Adopado
I worry about...
1. Getting a flat tyre - I had a blow out and was stranded at the side of the motorway a week after getting the car. New tyre. I then picked up a large nail in the same new tyre one month later which my local tyre shop said couldn’t be repaired due to it being a foam lined tyre. Hadn’t had a puncture or blow out for 15+ years now get two in close succession that cause agro. Hope not to end up stranded at the side of the road with my family on board.
2. I want to just drive the car and not worry about wh/m. However, when I get comfortable with generally about 330 wh/m, I worry if I will shorten my range too much on long trips so should harden myself up and be more economical the rest of the time.
3. I’ve heard 3rd party chargers often don’t work
4. Car park dinks from others not being careful.

That being said, I love the car and just want to drive it!

Reactions: phil4