Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope I get mine. The USPS is so bad in my area it is a 50/50 shot on getting mail. I will put mine up on my cube wall at work and all the other enginerds will see it and want one. They will make more in sales off this then it cost them to mail it. Face it we know more about EVs and the Model 3 then any salesperson at a Chevy dealer knows about a Bolt. There will be 115K salespersons answering questions and selling the M3 by sending these out.

You know the saying "you can't fix stupid" this is the opposite of that. "You can't stop genius". Tesla keeps exploiting bang for the buck.

Reactions: GregRF and ggies07
For giggles, here are a few of the things some forum users suggested in the line waiting thread:

"Free AutoPilot, or Limited Edition badging.
"Sig Red paint
"Free supercharging
"50% off the option of their choice at the time of configuration
"A scale model Tesla Model 3"
"free upgrade voucher to the next-size-up wheels
"a seat on the space X barge

Pretty high expectations indeed, I'm assuming most of this is in jest.

I merely asked for the option to buy Sig Red paint when I order my car. I never expected it to be free. Seeing another 3 with Sig Red paint, you'd know they also stood in line.

...Seeing another 3 with Sig Red paint, you'd know they also stood in line.
Red might be a difficult color to make exclusive, but... :p How about the exclusive "Line-Loitering Lime"? :p Personally I like the concept of exclusive colors, but don't see it being a smart marketing move for Tesla. Those who were not line-standers, but wanted the color, would turn into a noisy group that would not serve Tesla well. I can see the Seeking Alpha articles now.... "Tesla discriminates against customers unable to stand in lines! TSLA collapse imminent!" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Red might be a difficult color to make exclusive, but... :p How about the exclusive "Line-Loitering Lime"? :p Personally I like the concept of exclusive colors, but don't see it being a smart marketing move for Tesla. Those who were not line-standers, but wanted the color, would turn into a noisy group that would not serve Tesla well. I can see the Seeking Alpha articles now.... "Tesla discriminates against customers unable to stand in lines! TSLA collapse imminent!" :rolleyes:

I think that's a bit out of proportion. I'm not even asking for Signature badging like they got on the S and X if you bought a signature model. I'm just asking for the option for that paint color. Not every line waiter would order it, but I sure as hell would.
Let's round down to 100,000 people who ordered in person, Maybe 20% would choose sig red if it was offered? That's still 20,000 cars to paint. Not exactly "limited" numbers.

Arrived today. Waited in line. The print is very nice, matte heavy paper stock, 8x10. :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 85
So.... California was first?

See this bothers me because it seems to not matter who was first in line. California will always be first for everything.

I also wonder what their selection process was used as to who Tesla offered the MS purchase option to. Anyone east of California?