Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Fault (And service scheduled for 1 month out)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Guys,

I went on a road trip this weekend and out of nowhere I got the TPMS Fault error message, one tire is not reporting.
Interestingly, at some point the left tire was the one not reporting, while the right was ok, and then it moved back to the right one.

It's annoying, SC only has an opening by Oct 21st. I wonder if any of you can suggest anything that would get this message away from my screen.

TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 630
First the obvious questions. Recent software update? Have you tried a reboot and then a short drive to see if that fixes it? I'd try hard reboot, foot on brake and then press and hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black. Obviously do this at home is best. Or just wait it out and see. My TPMS acted up on Friday too, but I had just picked up 4 more from local SC to install in a second set of wheels for winter usage, so I had blamed it on that, unlikely but the timing when I had the issue aligned.

Reactions: Pilot1226
Give it a day or two and it'll probably go away. I had the same fault on delivery day and was gone in two days. It hasn't come back since.
It's been a couple of days already, this started on Saturday, it's Monday now and it's still there :(

I notice the left rear at 34. If correct, this is way too low. It could be that below some minimum pressure, the Tesla assumes a fault.
Maybe check/fill both rear tires to 42 and see what happens.
I believe 34 is still within spec since it complained to me once it was 32 and I filled it up. But I'll try that, too. It's definitely not flat, thanks for the suggestion!

First the obvious questions. Recent software update? Have you tried a reboot and then a short drive to see if that fixes it? I'd try hard reboot, foot on brake and then press and hold both steering wheel buttons until the screen goes black. Obviously do this at home is best. Or just wait it out and see. My TPMS acted up on Friday too, but I had just picked up 4 more from local SC to install in a second set of wheels for winter usage, so I had blamed it on that, unlikely but the timing when I had the issue aligned.
No software update, been on 2020.36.10 for maybe a week before that happened. Tried a soft and a hard reboot, no luck. Didn't want to do a factory reset though.

On a side note, I just got a message from Tesla to troubleshoot it prior to the appointment time. I will check with them and post any new info.

Thanks, y'all!

We've been plagued with the occasional TPMS fault on various tires. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which tire or why. It has always cleared after leaving the car. I just had to do a complete reboot for the latest performance upgrade to be effective so time will tell if this also cleared the TPMS nuisance warning. ( I really never thought to completely reset the car)

Reactions: helvio
Hello Guys,

I went on a road trip this weekend and out of nowhere I got the TPMS Fault error message, one tire is not reporting.
Interestingly, at some point the left tire was the one not reporting, while the right was ok, and then it moved back to the right one.

It's annoying, SC only has an opening by Oct 21st. I wonder if any of you can suggest anything that would get this message away from my screen.

TIA!
I have this exact problem and had it for almost a month now. It does NOT go away even when I have all my tires inflated at 42 psi. And like you said the faulted corner jumps around. I even tried brand new TPMS I purchased from Tesla with no avail.

With that said, there was another member with the same problem and he was able to take it in to SC to have it looked at. The answer he got after the service (which they were unable to fix) was that this is a known software issue and that it would be fixed with an OTA update (no pun intended).

Low tire pressure warnings!

• Helpful
Reactions: helvio
I have this exact problem and had it for almost a month now. It does NOT go away even when I have all my tires inflated at 42 psi. And like you said the faulted corner jumps around. I even tried brand new TPMS I purchased from Tesla with no avail.

With that said, there was another member with the same problem and he was able to take it in to SC to have it looked at. The answer he got after the service (which they were unable to fix) was that this is a known software issue and that it would be fixed with an OTA update (no pun intended).

Low tire pressure warnings!
Thanks! I guess I'll cancel my service appointment and wait for an update. It's SUPER annoying as even if you collapse the warning message to the left, it comes back after any notification, like a nearby stop sign or traffic light. Or the nag. But this is mighty useful information, much appreciated!

Thanks! I guess I'll cancel my service appointment and wait for an update. It's SUPER annoying as even if you collapse the warning message to the left, it comes back after any notification, like a nearby stop sign or traffic light. Or the nag. But this is mighty useful information, much appreciated!
200% agree with ya there too!! :mad: I am getting pretty good at flickin'em off though. LOL!