Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is great to have confirmation of a fixed target date. Now we can start speculating on how many of us are waiting for RED, and what % of production will be dedicated to RED, and how the different configurations with influence delivery sequencing.

Frank C - thank you for your eloquent capture of an event that was clearly quite meaningful. You nicely helped put into perspective that while we're all anxious to have our red beauties, the impact this one individual, Elon Musk, is likely to have on mankind is the real import here. Bravo to you, bravo to us, and bravo especially to Elon.

Totally agree. Thanks frank c.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did a bit of calculations this weekend. My new estimate for the 1st Red in now very close of VIN#10000. Wouldn't that be a really cool milestone? Anyone want to go over/under on 10k?

For the rest of us - new Delivery Estimates:
VIN#4000: Delivery on or about 1 May
VIN#8000: Delivery on or about 10 May
VIN#12000: Delivery on or about 19 May
VIN#16000: Delivery on or about 28 May
VIN#20000: Delivery on or about 7 Jun

I did a bit of calculations this weekend. My new estimate for the 1st Red in now very close of VIN#10000. Wouldn't that be a really cool milestone? Anyone want to go over/under on 10k?

For the rest of us - new Delivery Estimates:
VIN#4000: Delivery on or about 1 May
VIN#8000: Delivery on or about 10 May
VIN#12000: Delivery on or about 19 May
VIN#16000: Delivery on or about 28 May
VIN#20000: Delivery on or about 7 Jun

Vin 4000 has long since been delivered, and I think 8000 has as well? If not, really soon?

I guess he meant reservation #. Anyway I'm 14514 and rep at tesla had mentioned that I should get it by first week of May. So they should be planning to make mostly reds for 2-3 weeks to clear the backlog and the number of reds might not be a significantly high percentage. so for a 16K reservation you may get it second week of May. anyway let's hope all of us get it soon! The wait continues. Hopefully the coming week we see some folks getting delivery button.

Amazed that there are only about 80 people on the spreadsheet, yet 290 plus posts! Also just realized I should be one of the early deliveries with a sub 4000 sequence number and a 12/3 finalization and a P85. Oh the wait is agonizing!

I guess he meant reservation #. Anyway I'm 14514 and rep at tesla had mentioned that I should get it by first week of May. So they should be planning to make mostly reds for 2-3 weeks to clear the backlog and the number of reds might not be a significantly high percentage. so for a 16K reservation you may get it second week of May. anyway let's hope all of us get it soon! The wait continues. Hopefully the coming week we see some folks getting delivery button.

desiguy... you just made my night! I am a couple hundred ahead of you, but looks like I finalized a couple of weeks after (I don't quite know how that affects where I enter into the queue since I haven't paid enough attention to other threads). Anyway, I was just kicking myself on jumping the gun on the financing front (one pre-approval received from USAA, but with a mere 45 day window before having to reapply). It looks like I may not have been that far off after all.

I just noticed a change in my garage this morning. Instead of my order was sent to the factory it now says it is being built and also the button for additional services to purchase is there as others are talking about in the stickied thread. Being in FL though I only show the tire service warranty.
Has everybody's changed to being built?

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
I have RN 319973, which is also a P85, and my status also says "The Tesla Factory is Building your Model S Performance". I sure would like to have a better idea about the delivery date, so I can decide what to do with my current vehicle, arrange financing, etc. I am going to try calling Tesla, and see what they tell me. If I hear anything useful, I will report back.

I called Tesla and talked to a very nice DS. At first, she was giving me the standard boiler-plate answer about Apr-May from the pre-MVPA. Then she said "Wait a minute", and told me that I was scheduled for "end of line on Apr 29". That apparently means that the car will go on the production line on Apr 29. She said that they are only taking 6-7 days for a car to go through from start to finish. Getting delivered to Denver is supposed to take about a week after that, so hopefully I am looking at mid-May. I also asked about the delivery option rumors, and she said that you can still choose between home delivery and pickup at a Service Center.