Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transferable FSD available for S/X/3/Y: Jun 24 - Aug 31, 2024 - One last time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As promised by Elon during his recent Investors Day discussion. I don't see it live on the site yet?
Screenshot_20240625_011920_X.jpg

Well that's pretty shitty for those of us that took Elon at his word and took delivery in the last few days.
This is not meant to sound insensitive to your concern, but from a purely pragmatic view:

Elon made this decision "on the spot" on June 13th, literally 11 days ago. He also said "it was hard" to operationalize FSD transfer. So it's not like a website radio toggle a junior developer turns on later that day.

He also said "one more quarter". Not "next quarter" or "starting immediately". He gave his word, in what could be considered the fastest reasonable time for any giant company (11 days!!!). To be pedantic, the promo is running less than one quarter, but still 2+ months.

Reactions: Yelobird
Well this is timely. But I have a question. I take delivery of my Lunar Plaid S on Thurs.

I already paid for FSD on the Plaid S in the order process (wire transfer). Now they offer this transfer of FSD from our current X. I rather save the $ and transfer.

How does Tesla refund me for what I already paid for on the Plaid in advance of the delivery?

IMG_7144.png

Reactions: TheLastDon
Well this is timely. But I have a question. I take delivery of my Lunar Plaid S on Thurs.

I already paid for FSD on the Plaid S in the order process (wire transfer). Now they offer this transfer of FSD from our current X. I rather save the $ and transfer.

How does Tesla refund me for what I already paid for on the Plaid in advance of the delivery?

View attachment 1059517
Reach out to your advisor and they will work with you. I had an incentive from having a Cybertruck order and it wasn’t applied. I messaged them and they took care it in a couple of days

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
This is not meant to sound insensitive to your concern, but from a purely pragmatic view:

Elon made this decision "on the spot" on June 13th, literally 11 days ago. He also said "it was hard" to operationalize FSD transfer. So it's not like a website radio toggle a junior developer turns on later that day.

He also said "one more quarter". Not "next quarter" or "starting immediately". He gave his word, in what could be considered the fastest reasonable time for any giant company (11 days!!!). To be pedantic, the promo is running less than one quarter, but still 2+ months.
IDK how it is still hard to offer FSD transfers
The first time they did it, it started as a very manual process
By the end of that they had automated it, it's done by the user via the app.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you!

Got text messages moving on getting the refund. They said they would make the FSD transfer; so that’s good news.

I also asked removing any front plate mount before delivery. I hope they can accommodate for that. I used my same account for the X to order the Plaid S - was wanting to understand how the referral process would work on this too.

Got text messages moving on getting the refund. They said they would make the FSD transfer; so that’s good news.

I also asked removing any front plate mount before delivery. I hope they can accommodate for that. I used my same account for the X to order the Plaid S - was wanting to understand how the referral process would work on this too.
I don’t know where you live, but I had the same concern and they assured me they do not install the front plate holders. It will be in the trunk.

Could be different in different state. I’m in Illinois.

I don’t know where you live, but I had the same concern and they assured me they do not install the front plate holders. It will be in the trunk.

Could be different in different state. I’m in Illinois.

I’m in St. Charles and picking it up at the Naperville Tesla SC in Lisle. So, we’re neighbors!

Fingers crossed it is not installed.

Reactions: MikeChicago
I’m in St. Charles and picking it up at the Naperville Tesla SC in Lisle. So, we’re neighbors!

Fingers crossed it is not installed.

I used to live in Bartlett. Now I’m in Frankfort. Neighbors indeed!

I’m 99% sure they will not install it. I bought three Teslas over the past year and all three came with the front license holder in the trunk.

Reactions: DerbyDave