Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost certainly just a bug fix from the version numbering.

TeslaFi said:
Software version 2020.40.0.4 was just detected on a Tesla Model S P85 in Virginia United States. The highest previous version was 2020.40.0.1. Follow the 2020.40.0.4 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Oddly, 2020.40 has also appeared on TeslaFi with the vehicles previous version being 2020.40.0.1 - so looks like a rollback on 40.0.1 version, quite possibly now superseded by 40.0.4. But all just an insignificant dribble at present.

No hint of it being V11 (thankfully as there is too little to be excited about, but then V10, appearing this time last year, was a bit of a damp squib too) or containing any AP rewrite code, but possibly a month too early for that even for early adopter program - first hints of that normally appear on TeslaScope which still doesn't have any mention of 40.x

• Informative
Reactions: timpharrison
Priority Bluetooth could easily be sorted for RHD. They just need to reverse the priority. Nearest is the passenger on RHD. Sure they could calculate the average signal strength for RHD drivers.

at present I believe we use the LHD algorithm which is why the passenger’s phone is usually the one to connect and driver profile is therefore incorrect.

Heated charge port enabled too. Suspect cars (3 & Y) produced since January but not confirmed.

No idea if this could be retrofitted and enabled.

Seems daft that they’ve waited 10 month to enable too. Southern Hemisphere cars could of used this nicely over last few months.

Priority Bluetooth could easily be sorted for RHD. They just need to reverse the priority. Nearest is the passenger on RHD. Sure they could calculate the average signal strength for RHD drivers.

at present I believe we use the LHD algorithm which is why the passenger’s phone is usually the one to connect and driver profile is therefore incorrect.
I think the profile is set to the phone which unlocks the car, so wrong profile selected if passenger unlocks.

I think the profile is set to the phone which unlocks the car, so wrong profile selected if passenger unlocks.

I'm not sure about this. I pretty much always unlock with the fob, in fact I'm pretty sure I've never used the phone to unlock, however most of the time it's my wife's phone that connects to the car, rather than mine. We both have identical phones, so I suspect it may be as already mentioned, that the car detects Bluetooth more readily from the left front seat.

Reactions: CMc1
I'm not sure about this. I pretty much always unlock with the fob, in fact I'm pretty sure I've never used the phone to unlock, however most of the time it's my wife's phone that connects to the car, rather than mine. We both have identical phones, so I suspect it may be as already mentioned, that the car detects Bluetooth more readily from the left front seat.

if the Bluetooth reader is in the centre console near the NFC reader? Then perhaps it’s because right handed people will have the phone in their right pocket.

so perhaps not left-seat biased, but instead proximity biased to the centre console which favours those sitting in the left seat with phone in right pocket.

Most useful thing in this release for me, is extending the speed sign reading to highways. Always assumed it would be rolled out in next release.

Should be useful for temporary motorway speed reductions. I wonder if it will read gantry speed signs?
We are not yet on this release but our cameras are reading highway speed signs perfectly - and setting off dings when judged to be required.

Reactions: timpharrison
We are not yet on this release but our cameras are reading highway speed signs perfectly - and setting off dings when judged to be required.
the omission at the moment (2020.36) correlates with roads on which navigate-on-autopilot / auto lane change works. Those roads are what I'm assuming 2020.40 adds

however, that seems to be added only for USA in 2020.40 2020.40.0.4 (Software Update) | Teslascope

Earlier this week I discovered that 2020.36.11 doesn't read temporary motorway speed limits, although it does read pretty much every other speed limit sign, including 30mph ones that are set onto a large, rectangular, white sign. If 2020.40.xx adds temporary motorway limits that would be very useful.