Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't at all. They simply limit lateral force - effectively how fast you can go around a corner.

That Tesla interpret that as steering angle is just their bad coding as AP doesn't have the ability to slow down.
I don’t think that the Tesla aborts due to steering angle. There are bends on my regular route where AP aborts if I hit them with AP set at 60, but are happily followed if AP is set at 50. I think the steering angle to successfully go round the bend would be the same regardless of speed.

Reactions: KennethS
I don’t think that the Tesla aborts due to steering angle. There are bends on my regular route where AP aborts if I hit them with AP set at 60, but are happily followed if AP is set at 50. I think the steering angle to successfully go round the bend would be the same regardless of speed.
The UNECE regulation is about the maximum lateral acceleration that the LKA can create when cornering, currently 3m/s2. It's a function of speed and radius or corner. I've certainly seen examples where AP slows for corners itself.

Went on my first drive since getting 2021.4.15 yesterday and the car only missed one 50mph speed limit sign (as long as you don't include every single temporary one in roadworks), so that's a step forward by the looks of things.

Two things that seem new in *15.5

1. The car pretty reliably drops to about 20mph on the way into roundabouts which makes disengaging AP a much simpler process

2. The car seems happier to sit away from the centre of the lane if there's space to do so, which makes it feel a bit more natural

Two things that seem new in *15.5

1. The car pretty reliably drops to about 20mph on the way into roundabouts which makes disengaging AP a much simpler process

2. The car seems happier to sit away from the centre of the lane if there's space to do so, which makes it feel a bit more natural
Any drop in speed heading into a bend?
I’m sure it used to in earlier software but doesn’t seem to now.

Hmm...first drive on the autoroute since upgrade. When in AP with Nav, it slows much earlier when approaching junction...but it then speeds up and slows again so very jerky. It also still doesn't turn the indicator on until about 25 metres from the junction. This, along with haring up to speed limits and busting them for 50 to 100 metres before slowing, seems to be a very simple fix but, is consistently ignored. I therefore presume that no work is taking place on changes or upgrades to FSD/AP in Europe.

I see that a small number of cars in China have been blessed with 2021.4.16.1
is there no end to it?

I was just thinking that we seem to have been on 2021.4.X for a pretty long time.

Looks like the new MS and MY cars already have V11 installed and I'm not aware of any deliveries taking place yet, so I assume that we'll see a major release after they start and the new interface is in the wild.

Either they've had some big problems that they're trying to sort first or they want the buzz that will go with the first deliveries and people getting their hands on the new interface properly.

I'm on 15.5 still.

One thing I have noticed in TeslaMate, which I haven't updated in a few weeks - so I don't think it's that, is that now when I wake the car up when it's been asleep it no longer transitions to a "Falling asleep" state for ~15 minutes before finally being "Asleep", it just goes straight from "Online" to "Asleep" in the space of a minute or so.

Haven't tested to see if it does this after a drive - as usually the car takes longer to go to sleep then.

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 09.15.28.png
Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 09.15.47.png

TeslaMate never recorded the "Falling asleep" state in the graphs, but you would normally see about 15 minutes of online time with the car actually being online for a couple of minutes after waking up, before "Falling asleep" for the remaining 13 minutes or so.

I'm on 15.5 still.

One thing I have noticed in TeslaMate, which I haven't updated in a few weeks - so I don't think it's that, is that now when I wake the car up when it's been asleep it no longer transitions to a "Falling asleep" state for ~15 minutes before finally being "Asleep", it just goes straight from "Online" to "Asleep" in the space of a minute or so.

Haven't tested to see if it does this after a drive - as usually the car takes longer to go to sleep then.

View attachment 659675 View attachment 659676

TeslaMate never recorded the "Falling asleep" state in the graphs, but you would normally see about 15 minutes of online time with the car actually being online for a couple of minutes after waking up, before "Falling asleep" for the remaining 13 minutes or so.
Car has learnt that there is nothing new to stay awake for, so says sod it and goes straight back to sleep!

• Love
Reactions: Durzel