Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated last night to the latest.
Worse than before. Memory for driver has completely messed up. Seat not moving when entering, reverse mirrors dip then don't come back up, if I then move everything back to where it should be there’s no remember option.
Sentry mode no longer has viewer available.

Ill try a reset later but it was fine previously,. So the fix for the fixes that were fixed but caused further fixes to be needed hasn’t fixed them and now needs fixing with a fix. :( This used to happen once a year with Jaguar not every few weeks. I love this car but come on Elon get a grip :mad:

Some reports that 4.6 is being pushed out quickly too, not waiting for wifi and going over LTE/mobile

I was on 4.3 and I got an update notification for 4.6 just after midnight this morning. My wifi router went ‘pop’ this week so the car only had LTE and the cars OS wouldn’t download it for me over that connection. I had to give it WiFi first.

EDIT: The LTE signal the car receives is only one bar at home, so that may have been an issue. The download did only look to be a few MB’s though.

Looks like 2021.4.6 is about 120Mb (downloaded to my M3 over wifi in the early hours):

2021-4-6.gif

Presumably it's still possible to refuse to allow the update, even if it has been pushed out?

Not sure I want to add yet more bugs on top of the existing bugs, I'd rather wait in the vain hope that we get an update that doesn't degrade the car any further.

Reactions: Godsense
Presumably it's still possible to refuse to allow the update, even if it has been pushed out?

Not sure I want to add yet more bugs on top of the existing bugs, I'd rather wait in the vain hope that we get an update that doesn't degrade the car any further.
There doesn’t seem to have been any additions in the seat bugs discussion. Perhaps it’s a particular VIN range issue. My update has downloaded but has yet to install. I’ll see if I can stave it off until the picture is clearer. The DC charging problem won’t be issue for me for some months anyway.

Yep, they've buggered up the driver profiles. When you adjust the seat it doesn't pop up the profile and offer to save the changes. It also doesn't auto-store the changes. You can alter the seat position (for example), then go to a different profile. Swap back to the original and the new seat position hasn't been saved.

In fact, I cant find any option to save the profile (might be missing something obvious) so make sure that your driver profile is set up spot on before installing this latest release.

Well done Tesla....

giphy.gif

• Informative
Reactions: Glan gluaisne
I'm going to hold off until they fix things, I think, and not allow any more updates to install for a while.

I've just about had enough of things getting made worse by updates, rather than better. Hopefully someone will get a grip on the software testing and assurance side of things before too long and try and reduce the incidence of things getting broken by new updates.