Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A post on Twitter from an owner in Northern Ireland saying the latest update enables no-confirmation on green light now?

https://twitter.com/plugincarguy/status/1363509000122359808?s=21
Not true for me.
20210222_001135.jpg

I would have thought something as significant as changes to green light approaches would be in release notes.

I see all the latest updates have stalled, just the pending ones installing. Most cars are spread over different bugs now, that's all a bit messy.

I would have thought something as significant as changes to green light approaches would be in release notes.

I see all the latest updates have stalled, just the pending ones installing. Most cars are spread over different bugs now, that's all a bit messy.
It’s as though the programmers are all working from home independently on different parts of the software.
When I look back over the last 11 months, most updates have had one or two bug fixes and moved on.

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing wheelie bins on the visualisation. I regularly drive through a village where all the car sees is hordes of wheelie bins on both side of the road, often mistaking other objects for the damned things. It's got to the point where whenever I think about what the visualisation display looks like what I remember most are the serried ranks of wheelie bins. Given that there is absolutely no requirement here in the UK for the car to even know what a wheelie bin looks like, the whole thing seems really bizarre (I do understand this may be useful in the US).
Any idea why folk in the US would want wheelie-bin visualisation? I've heard this said a few times but can't figure out why.

Any idea why folk in the US would want wheelie-bin visualisation? I've heard this said a few times but can't figure out why.

Apparently it's because some parts of the US have roadside bin collections from one side of the road only at any one time, with a no parking restriction on bin days in those areas.

Still seems a damned stupid thing to waste time on programming into the car, especially as here so many houses seem to have wheelie bins out near the road all the time.

• Helpful
Reactions: 15Peter20
Mine never and I mean never misses a wheelie bin even when mostly obscured or even on its side but parked cars and oncoming cars are often missed.
I assume that is a restriction programmed in to visualisation rather than not knowing they are there. It is always delayed as well and trust that FSD doesn't have that delay!

More annoying is the hesitant flickering of road edges and traffic lights jumping about. Just damp the visualisation please and I'm not quite sure why we need those yellow/red curves flashing up as you drive normally just because it thinks I'm going off the road every metre or so.

Looks like 4.6 has really screwed my LR 21 model up. This morning after my normal 10 minute preheat I couldn't go above 30 mph and hills had me down to 18mph. Teslafi reported 398w/mile at that speed!!
Charged up at work and had full power on the return home but no regen braking and 463w/mile and I was being very gentle - who knows what's going on!
Well the car has not got better over the weekend so contacted Tesla, great response and they are picking the car up today and getting a loaner sorted out. My efficiency dropped from over 90% to less than 40% and charging went from a linear charge increase to a very steppy one when I looked on TeslaFi so something odd is going on with the battery control systems. Who knows if it was update related but I will let people know the outcome

Reactions: OttoR and 15Peter20
They have a robotic arm on one side of the truck/lorry which will pick up the bin and empty it's contents into a hole on the roof of the truck. Saves a bit of manual labour I guess.
So parking blocking someone's wheelie bin is a big no-no in the USA (since the robot arm won't collect it, whereas here a person could), and that's why the visualisation highlights them? Is that it? :confused:

If so, it would be far more useful here in the UK to have it flag double yellow lines or parking on the pavement (seems the low hanging fruit on parking likely to get fined).

So parking blocking someone's wheelie bin is a big no-no in the USA (since the robot arm won't collect it, whereas here a person could), and that's why the visualisation highlights them? Is that it? :confused:

If so, it would be far more useful here in the UK to have it flag double yellow lines or parking on the pavement (seems the low hanging fruit on parking likely to get fined).
I think it's more so that in the US, the car can detect there's a bin on the road and won't try to hug the kerb as it drives autonomously.

The car sees double yellows at the side of the road... mind you I can't imagine relying on that to determine where I can park when you can look out of the window and have a more reliable assessment!

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Just had a call from Tesla Winchester regarding my booking RE unable to save seat position. They confirm it’s a glitch in the latest software that isn’t recognising a change in seat position. They advise moving a mirror slightly to bring up ‘save’ then it will also save new seat position. (I think someone else here mentioned this previously).
He said the next new update will cure this but thinks it will be a few weeks.

Very weird issue today with the boot on my 2021 LR, came to open the boot this morning and pressing the boot release on the car it tried to open beeped a couple of time and then stopped , managed to press release and pull the boot up and it opened normally, also closed normally on button press...

car has been sat all day, drove home and boot opened fine , but when shutting I noticed that it sped up from normal close speed and slammed shut.. tried opening again and same thing happens as the morning, forces it open again and tried a few time opening and closing 50% of the time the same thing happened.. what's concerning Is the speed the boot slammed shut!! Would definitely break an arm..

have tried it about 20 times and it seens ok again now! Will see what happens tomorrow.

anyone seen this before or seen it since installing the latest update.