Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A brief drive to blow the cobwebs off after upgrading to 2021.4.11 from 2020.48.12.1 and tbh, my first drive since early November.

Initially I thought that TACC was responding very nicely with a close by mini roundabout that it would normally still be accelerating hard at. But on a slightly longer drive (college run) on some windy 50mph roads, had to hit the brakes as no sign of it slowing.

I also struggled to get TACC to engage at speed limit using the press and hold for one second trick. Has that changed? It didn't help that I realised that part of that road had been incorrectly identified as a 20mph rather than 30.

Still not seeing car change speed for changes in speed limits. What were the rules for that? When we can more freely move around I'll give it more of an outing when I can be on my own.
I still think speed limit changes on TACC/AP are a bit hit and miss. I’ve had only brief journeys but found changes working up and down and then up only
seems to be that the rules for TACC are not the same as AP. Slowing for bends doesn’t seem to happen but junctions does

Reactions: MrBadger
A brief drive to blow the cobwebs off after upgrading to 2021.4.11 from 2020.48.12.1 and tbh, my first drive since early November.

Initially I thought that TACC was responding very nicely with a close by mini roundabout that it would normally still be accelerating hard at. But on a slightly longer drive (college run) on some windy 50mph roads, had to hit the brakes as no sign of it slowing.

I also struggled to get TACC to engage at speed limit using the press and hold for one second trick. Has that changed? It didn't help that I realised that part of that road had been incorrectly identified as a 20mph rather than 30.

Still not seeing car change speed for changes in speed limits. What were the rules for that? When we can more freely move around I'll give it more of an outing when I can be on my own.
On my drives to work, I’ve found TACC will drop the speed when going into a lower speed limit, however won’t go up without confirmation by tapping on the speed limit icon. The slowing only happens once you pass the speed limit sign, though, so technically breaking the speed limit until the car has slowed (could be an issue with overzealous traffic cops measuring speeds just after speed limits).

I have found that it will slow down for sharper bends, with a notification coming up stating the TACC speed is limited to xx. However, I find the slowing happens uncomfortably late and I am just about to take over as it doesn’t seem to be working when it does kick in.

TACC 1 second trick still working in mine on same 2021.4.11. Yesterday on TACC 50mph single carriageway car slowed to 30mph having misread a 50 sign.

TACC 1 second trick still working in mine on same 2021.4.11. Yesterday on TACC 50mph single carriageway car slowed to 30mph having misread a 50 sign.
It seems to have trouble with "5" thinking it's a "3" - especially on the smaller repeaters on single carriageways. This repeater always has me dropping back to 30 Google Maps It's better in daylight but in the evening or night, it really struggles.

1615289294033.png

• Informative
Reactions: Cnixon and mpandrew
Regen is now totally different from just a week ago. I thought the lack of it was down to the cold weather but is now almost at maximum from a cold start at 4C.
It may be just me but my SR+ does seem to have a few more horses when my foot is on the floor so have they allowed more power out of a cold battery as well as far more regen being allowed back in?

Why did they reduce regen in the first place? I know that lithium cells are damaged if charged at around 0C but this recent change has allowed a major increase in regen.

Regen is now totally different from just a week ago. I thought the lack of it was down to the cold weather but is now almost at maximum from a cold start at 4C.
It may be just me but my SR+ does seem to have a few more horses when my foot is on the floor so have they allowed more power out of a cold battery as well as far more regen being allowed back in?

Why did they reduce regen in the first place? I know that lithium cells are damaged if charged at around 0C but this recent change has allowed a major increase in regen.
I agree. I'm also noticing significantly higher regeneration at higher SOCs. I accidentally charged to 100 last night (moved the slide and forgot) but this morning I was getting very strong regeneration at about 97% whereas before it would have practically coasted at that SOC.

Reactions: Gatsojon
I just tap it rather than tap hold ... worth a try? I'm actually not sure if I've used it on 2021.4.11 yet ...
Depends whether current speed or speed limit is set. That said, I had an instance recently where using the scroll wheel allowed me to se a speed way beyond the speed limit. I can’t recall the circumstances but I don’t think it ever happened prior to 4.11

Depends whether current speed or speed limit is set. That said, I had an instance recently where using the scroll wheel allowed me to se a speed way beyond the speed limit. I can’t recall the circumstances but I don’t think it ever happened prior to 4.11
I accidentally did this when trying to increase the music volume. Only have experience in 4.11, so can’t speak for earlier versions.

We got your heat - ours was tropical on our drives today :eek: - interior >30C no matter what the heater/AC settings were set to. Done all the reboots etc... First proper drive since upgrading from 2020.48.12.1

Our HVAC panel had a very subtle error message - grey on grey on left hand side "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault"

I started to raise a SC request but thought I would wait to see if others had similar.

View attachment 642647
I had this at Christmas, when the car was 2 weeks old. The Service Centre downloaded a patch to bypass a failed sensor, which fixed the heating problem, or worked around it - all was fine. 2 months later, I was invited to bring the car in to the SC to have one faulty sensor and 2 working sensors replaced.

If you're still having this issue, I'd badger the Service Team and ask them to look at the fault with a view to applying a patch overnight, unless they can properly fix it quickly.

I had this on Monday, over several journeys. I left it, intending to raise an SC call if it persisted. It was gone the next day, and interesingly didn't appear in the list of recent fault notifications..
They forced a firmware download once and it seemed to sort it out, at least for a day or two.
Mine doesn't show up in the notification panel either.

We seem to have had a very long gap since 2021.4.11 came out, I wonder what's going on?

After point releases happening about every 20 minutes this year it feels odd that this version has remained as the latest since it first appeared a couple of weeks ago.

I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms :)

Reactions: nightowl
We seem to have had a very long gap since 2021.4.11 came out, I wonder what's going on?

After point releases happening about every 20 minutes this year it feels odd that this version has remained as the latest since it first appeared a couple of weeks ago.

Perhaps it’s allied to the FSD beta program. I believe that testers have just been issued with 2021.4.11.1

They are working on some new bugs, once enough things are broken, it’ll roll out.

Regen is still the same for M3 after the latest update. 10c this morning and the usual regeneration braking limited message!!