Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

DaveBeddis

Jan 19, 2021
Lydney
I’ve had a text today to say my car has been allocated and they will be in touch soon to arrange delivery. I asked on live chat if that meant the car was in the Uk and they said most likely. I’m so confused by the whole order process. I’ve got a VIN number which looks like it’s Chinese built. Any ideas??

Sabs

Jan 20, 2021
Isle of Wight
I’ve had a text today to say my car has been allocated and they will be in touch soon to arrange delivery. I asked on live chat if that meant the car was in the Uk and they said most likely. I’m so confused by the whole order process. I’ve got a VIN number which looks like it’s Chinese built. Any ideas??
What spec?

CD_WE

Jan 13, 2021
Ireland
Ordered M3LR in white mid December through lease company, given RN beginning of Jan. Tried online chat yesterday no matched VIN yet, so requested March pick up. When i asked if it would be MIC? Agent replied saying it would defiantly be made in the US.

Highly doubt it will be US built seen as everyone on here who ordered before and after you is getting assigned MIC VINs

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
If the VIN starts LRW it means that it is Made in China. It's highly unlikely to be in the UK at the moment if it was made in China - it takes a month by ship to get here. Let us know when you get a delivery date.

Reactions: DaveBeddis

subsy

Mar 3, 2018
Bracknell, UK
@gavhall

following on from your post here in the shipping thread.

Congrats! AFAICT nobody else has yet been matched with an LR with tow bar, leading to speculation that there were no tow bar equipped cars on the GLOVIS CENTURY. When did you order, and is your VIN definitely an LRW?

Sabs

Jan 20, 2021
Isle of Wight
@gavhall

Congrats! AFAICT nobody else has yet been matched with an LR with tow bar, leading to speculation that there were no tow bar equipped cars on the GLOVIS CENTURY. When did you order, and is your VIN definitely an LRW?
What colour? I was told there were no tow bars on that shipment? So the plot thickens.

gavhall

Jan 25, 2021
Dublin
@gavhall

LRW vin was sent ro me through the chat, I have received a text to say I have been matched. Car was ordered in October.

I am pretty sure that the inventory cars on the UK and Ireland Tesla websites at the moment are MIC and some have tow bars?

M3P_W8

2021 M3P
Jan 12, 2021
UK
Has anyone with a pending M3P order been matched for a Q1 delivery yet?

I'm Aware that all new M3P orders have a Q2 estimated delivery date (May), but I did have someone at a Tesla SC tell me a couple of weeks ago that they still expected some M3P's to be delivered in Q1 to fulfill earlier (pre January) orders, although that was a guess on their part!

subsy

Mar 3, 2018
Bracknell, UK
LRW vin was sent ro me through the chat, I have received a text to say I have been matched. Car was ordered in October.

I am pretty sure that the inventory cars on the UK and Ireland Tesla websites at the moment are MIC and some have tow bars?

Maybe so - none of them match my spec (Red with aero wheels) but would hope others waiting can get a match?

I only ordered on boxing day so it may have been that there are just a handful on the GLOVIS CENTURY with tow bar and early orders like yours getting matched first?

ElectricDreamz

Jan 14, 2021
Maidenhead
UPDATE

Just spoken with my local dealer, and confirmed my M3 LR is on a boat on its way over from China into southampton. Ive been matched and have a VIN number now, starting LRW for chinese made cars.

Still on track for end of Feb delivery :)

TrickyRicky

Aug 28, 2020
UK
UPDATE

Just spoken with my local dealer, and confirmed my M3 LR is on a boat on its way over from China into southampton. Ive been matched and have a VIN number now, starting LRW for chinese made cars.

Still on track for end of Feb delivery :)

Exciting! I'd be interested to know how these MIC cars compare in terms of build quality with Freemont.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC