Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also through NHS Fleet and Tesla said that my Lease company Kinto did something similar, I assume to secure a 71 plate. My timeline is in my signature to give you an idea of timings.
Yeah :( spoke to Tesla again today and they confirmed my order will be allocated in October and delivered in November. He said they wouldn't deliver before the next quarter. somebody's cancellation or order change is possible but we'll see.

Seems all is not lost - just had a call from the delivery team to say there's a M3LR in black (black interior) come available and wanted to see if I was interested in taking it before the end of the month.

It's currently on its way to Brent Cross so I told the rep that if they can get it to Manchester or Leeds then we'll have it. He's looking into it but thought it should be no problem. 🤞

Last edited:
Seems all is not lost - just had a call from the delivery team to say there's a M3LR in black (black interior) come available and wanted to see if I was interested in taking it before the end of the month.

It's currently on its way to Brent Cross so I told the rep that if they can get it to Manchester or Leeds then we'll have it. He's looking into it but thought it should be no problem. 🤞
Brilliant news for you mate! You ordered a few days after me and you've had hell. Black is better than the blue anyway 😉 welcome to the club!

Reactions: markgyork
Company Car ordered M3LR, spoke to leasing agents and they advised the following:

"With Tesla orders they go into a “pot” as such and the factory just order vehicles in bulk – once the vehicles are released they are allocated to the next matching order within the pot of orders.

The 19th October is the date in which that batch of model is next due in."

Would this tie in with any shipping movements arriving around the 19th October or is it likely that they will be "pairing" the vehicle from 19th October with delivery mid November? Thanks for any help on this I'm very confused with it all with getting mixed messages between lease company and Tesla SC

Company Car ordered M3LR, spoke to leasing agents and they advised the following:

"With Tesla orders they go into a “pot” as such and the factory just order vehicles in bulk – once the vehicles are released they are allocated to the next matching order within the pot of orders.

The 19th October is the date in which that batch of model is next due in."

Would this tie in with any shipping movements arriving around the 19th October or is it likely that they will be "pairing" the vehicle from 19th October with delivery mid November? Thanks for any help on this I'm very confused with it all with getting mixed messages between lease company and Tesla SC

Hi mate. Basically Tesla build a batch of cars and they get assigned to someone who has bought that particular configuration when the ship leaves the port in Shanghai.

You're looking at November for delivery, I assume 19th October may be the date they are expecting the ships to leave Shanghai.
You won't have any shipping movements for 19th October yet, maybe in the next couple of weeks.

Keep chasing your leasing company, ask them to make sure the order is not on hold and keep also checking the existing inventory part on Tesla's website for something a bit sooner!

Hi mate. Basically Tesla build a batch of cars and they get assigned to someone who has bought that particular configuration when the ship leaves the port in Shanghai.

You're looking at November for delivery, I assume 19th October may be the date they are expecting the ships to leave Shanghai.
You won't have any shipping movements for 19th October yet, maybe in the next couple of weeks.

Keep chasing your leasing company, ask them to make sure the order is not on hold and keep also checking the existing inventory part on Tesla's website for something a bit sooner!
Thanks the problem I seem to have is I cant get the vehicle till my current company vehicle expires (15th October) so they advised Tesla "Not before" 15th October despite the order being submitted back in May. Yeah ill be waiting that long ☹️.

Tesla SC mentioned Pairing 19th October and Lease Company said the above so looks like I'll be waiting till November, thanks

Thanks the problem I seem to have is I cant get the vehicle till my current company vehicle expires (15th October) so they advised Tesla "Not before" 15th October despite the order being submitted back in May. Yeah ill be waiting that long ☹️.

Tesla SC mentioned Pairing 19th October and Lease Company said the above so looks like I'll be waiting till November, thanks
Ah that's a joke! They should have just used common sense and thought well he'll need a car by 15th October! Whats the difference having a few days of 2 cars eh?

I've found Wizzle and Motorway.com to be really strong. I've got a guaranteed offer through Wizzle and I should get something via Motorway today which I'm hoping is close to, or better than their estimate (which was £1k better than Wizzle).
Update - For those looking to get shot of their current vehicle, I'd recommend trying motorway.com too. I've agreed to sell to a dealer via there who offered £1800 above the dealer offer that came through via Wizzle.

Reactions: NJR46
Update - For those looking to get shot of their current vehicle, I'd recommend trying motorway.com too. I've agreed to sell to a dealer via there who offered £1800 above the dealer offer that came through via Wizzle.
Seems it’s worth trying all the big buyers. Why wouldn’t you?

I sold to webuyanycar who offered £4.5K more than the Tesla part ex price and a few hundred more than the two mentioned above. They also beat the main dealers I offered my old to by £5.5K! It was these prices that actually sealed my decision to order. Though being a pedestrian for the first time since I was 17 is odd! I’m reduced to borrowing wheels from my wife and 18-year old son!

Seems it’s worth trying all the big buyers. Why wouldn’t you?

I sold to webuyanycar who offered £4.5K more than the Tesla part ex price and a few hundred more than the two mentioned above. They also beat the main dealers I offered my old to by £5.5K! It was these prices that actually sealed my decision to order. Though being a pedestrian for the first time since I was 17 is odd! I’m reduced to borrowing wheels from my wife and 18-year old son!
Sold my E350 cabriolet to Cazoo this morning for £2000 more than what I paid for it in January! They beat everybody else on price. The process took less than 5 mins and the money was in my account in about 30 seconds. Highly recommend them. My advice is to shop around, it all depends on your vehicle. Got 10 days in a Vauxhall Corsa hire car now 🤦🏻😂

Exactly the same thing happened to me - ordered through leasing company in May and put on hold once processed as the lease company had a preferred delivery date of 15/10/21. I only found out by calling Tesla with my RN. I called up Monday and the order is now live again, October allocation and November delivery unless a cancellation or change comes up :(

Is anyone able to confirm whether the new blockage of the Suez Canal has/will impact any of the Sept deliveries? I've got no idea of the routes the ships take, but hoping not much impact, if any, as it was unblocked shortly after according to reports.

Is anyone able to confirm whether the new blockage of the Suez Canal has/will impact any of the Sept deliveries? I've got no idea of the routes the ships take, but hoping not much impact, if any, as it was unblocked shortly after according to reports.
Just seem on the other Shipping thread that it looks to have no/minimal impact on the suspected carriers!