Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Finally I ordered my Tesla 3 long range with estimated delivery in Nov in Southampton. Can’t explain how excited we are.

I have started exploring paint protection options for my car.

I used to use companies like Diamondbrite for paint protection for my current Mercedes.

But I see here people talking about PPF for Tesla which is quite expensive than Diamondbrite like products.

I read some benefits of using PPF over other products but not able to convince myself to pay such large difference if I am missing something here.

Would you be able to advice on less expensive products like Diamondbrite for Tesla if anyone has used here over PPF.

They are back again at 16:34
Scratch that, when clicking on buy now you get...
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 16.35.00 pm.png

Delivery Timescales

Has some info on quarter manufacturing cycles and lead times.

I cannot vouch for the accuracy, but it may be helpful for those of you who are entering the Q4 delivery period.

In my experience:
- 12th Aug: started looking into M3 options. Checked their inventory, and they had loads of different specs: SR+, LR and Performance. Must've been at least 30 cars.
- 15th Aug I went for test drive, same day the sales advisor sent me link with exact spec I wanted in their inventory
- 16th decided to pull the trigger, link from SA no longer worked, inventory was gone. Sales advisor said most were removed as they had been allocated. Placed a "custom" order same day.

Just to give an idea of how high demand the M3 must be.

Are there ever any Long Range’s (non performance) on the new inventory? Or is there no point even hoping?
I don't think you'll likely find any LR on inventory, it seems as though Tesla are contacting customers directly to offer them any cancellations.

Reactions: teaston
Delivery Timescales

Has some info on quarter manufacturing cycles and lead times.

I cannot vouch for the accuracy, but it may be helpful for those of you who are entering the Q4 delivery period.

In my experience:
- 12th Aug: started looking into M3 options. Checked their inventory, and they had loads of different specs: SR+, LR and Performance. Must've been at least 30 cars.
- 15th Aug I went for test drive, same day the sales advisor sent me link with exact spec I wanted in their inventory
- 16th decided to pull the trigger, link from SA no longer worked, inventory was gone. Sales advisor said most were removed as they had been allocated. Placed a "custom" order same day.

Just to give an idea of how high demand the M3 must be.

I don't think you'll likely find any LR on inventory, it seems as though Tesla are contacting customers directly to offer them any cancellations.
What are the chances of getting a cancellation M3LR? Pretty slim I would have thought!

Excitedly, I've just ordered my 2nd Model 3 LR in blue. Looking forward to comparing it with my SR+. Looks like my 1 year old SR+ is going via WBAC.

Strangely, they've offered Manchester and Birmingham as a pick up location whereas last time I collected from Leeds which is nearer??

Finally got my valuation offer on my trade in with Tesla and accepted it (they offered the highest of all places I tried) all documents submitted and now the long wait.

I have a model 3LR on order. When it was placed it had an estimate of early November. If that holds true this is going to be the longest 2 months of my life.

I already have those rubber floor mats here waiting for my new car and a few other things on order.

I have been looking at paint protection and there is a local company that does ceramic coating. I have never bothered with this on any of my car's before. Is it worth getting and does it actually repel water and grime as well as protect the paint from small stone chips?