Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great informative forum!! read through some of the last few pages. I think I'm pretty similar to a few comments I've read, I ordered an M3P white/white 17th September, business finance lease ALD, delivery date is estimated as December. Anyone got a bit more idea of if these are true dates? I keep hearing that they are prioritising the "top end" models. Is this true or media hype? I have spoken to CS and they haven't got the foggiest bless them!

Great informative forum!! read through some of the last few pages. I think I'm pretty similar to a few comments I've read, I ordered an M3P white/white 17th September, business finance lease ALD, delivery date is estimated as December. Anyone got a bit more idea of if these are true dates? I keep hearing that they are prioritising the "top end" models. Is this true or media hype? I have spoken to CS and they haven't got the foggiest bless them!

From what I gather if you have your VIN number then the car is in transport. However you'll find it harder to find anything else out until you get the text asking you to book a collection date.

From what I gather if you have your VIN number then the car is in transport. However you'll find it harder to find anything else out until you get the text asking you to book a collection date.
No, unfortunately not, literally placed the order back in Sept and left it up to them, only 1 phone call to see if they has a firm-err delivery expectation but they can't be sure. I'm in no rush, but nice to know what's going on. Not sure if its because its a lease that I'm left out the loop?

I ordered my M3SR+ on the 3rd Oct when the estimated delivery was Nov. I phoned CS about a week ago and they said it was likely to be delivered late Nov, early Dec. I don't have my VIN yet (not showing in the website source code), so I guess, like you, I have some more waiting to do.

No, unfortunately not, literally placed the order back in Sept and left it up to them, only 1 phone call to see if they has a firm-err delivery expectation but they can't be sure. I'm in no rush, but nice to know what's going on. Not sure if its because its a lease that I'm left out the loop?

They are keen to ensure orders are met for Q4 so you should have it by the end of December latest, unless something unexpected occurs with transporting the cars here.

Yeh, look, you're right.

Just dont like getting short-changed when some lucky bugger will get a longer range version with their order in a few months time with quicker charging. Slap in the chops IMO.
I don't get this to be honest, I've worked in automotive and components change from time to time. A lot of the time down to Dual sourcing , also they will have slight updates where cars will get improved components (for experience not always the case) and the car makers just don't mothball older components unless they are defective. There are some European OME's (some NA I've heard also) that are going back to analog from digital to save on Microprocessors I wouldn't be happy with that as a consumer but they have people in Queues for those also many are non the wiser.

That's just the way of the world unfortunately. I get it a battery is fairly substantial and then it's the consumers choice wither they want it or not.

Throw your Dice.

Thanks for that.

Has any UK M3 LR prospective owner got anything other than a ‘B’ in digit 8 of their VIN?

For comparison, please could a LHD EU LR customer advise if their Q4 VIN has anything other than a ‘B’ at digit 8?
Since Q3/2021 all LHD LR that came to Europe mainland have as motor type the letter K. This is the new 3D7 Hairpin rear motor / Drive Unit Cat 2.

I haven't seen a single exception from this for the LR. SR and P are going back and forth between old and new motors even in Q4. The Model Y is only certified with the new motors and therefore is always equipped with them.

Reactions: jlz78
Since Q3/2021 all LHD LR that came to Europe mainland have as motor type the letter K. This is the new 3D7 Hairpin rear motor / Drive Unit Cat 2.

I haven't seen a single exception from this for the LR. SR and P are going back and forth between old and new motors even in Q4. The Model Y is only certified with the new motors and therefore is always equipped with them.
Well, there's all of these guys from the UK with RHD LR all with K's.

What is the 3D7 Hairpin rear motor / Drive Unit Cat 2?