Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very odd though, i mean, on the Tesla logistic front. SA did say she was surprised these spare cars dont just automatically go to people waiting?
I reckon it’s as I said earlier, to ensure they don’t have any inventory left at the end of the quarter and get the best quarterly numbers they can. the typical focus on new sales rather than make existing customers happy.

I reckon it’s as I said earlier, to ensure they don’t have any inventory left at the end of the quarter and get the best quarterly numbers they can. the typical focus on new sales rather than make existing customers happy.
cant argue with that, i think you're spot on. Although, unknowingly resold to existing customers anyway, regardless of their methods.

Yes and rightly so, if I wasnt going away! I'd be pretty ecstatic right now
In the last 10 minutes since I wrote that the black one with the tow bar just went as well (there was only one with a tow bar - someone will be happy)
Very odd though, i mean, on the Tesla logistic front. SA did say she was surprised these spare cars dont just automatically go to people waiting?
There will be some logic, but only Tesla know what it is!
Nothing they do is without some analysis and motive is my observation...

Reactions: Oxstock
cant argue with that, i think you're spot on. Although, unknowingly resold to existing customers anyway, regardless of their methods.
I reckon that’s why they do it this way though, some customers won’t be bothered about available inventory once they have their order in, so Tesla will be happy to change it if you call and specifically ask, but it’s a better option for them that way. I think it helps them entice customers in who may be on the fence of changing their car and see the short lead time of an inventory order and take it.

Reactions: Oxstock
I wonder how this shipment lines up with the 2021 shipping movements. Cos if the above user did re-allocate his car and now has a delivery on the 11th, that would suggest the ship is pretty dam close to docking in southampton... if it aint already there.

I wonder how this shipment lines up with the 2021 shipping movements. Cos if the above user did re-allocate his car and now has a delivery on the 11th, that would suggest the ship is pretty dam close to docking in southampton... if it aint already there.
Talia docked in Southampton for 24 hrs at weekend and delivered some Teslas but majority going to be unloaded at Zeebrugge eventually

that changed recently, so there are some LR/Performance orders that will get 1 year of premium, can't remember when it changed exactly tho
Just had a dhl text message saying tesla order due Wednesday so... must be the decanta but try ordering now its june delivery
Yeah, I just got a text as thought it was June also...lucky for those of us who jumped on early then 😁...just got to decide what amber nectar to pour from it over the Xmas 🎉🥳🥃

Looks like we are all just hitting refresh to check our VIN allocation, I know I check about 10 times a day and only ordered about 10 days ago. Had an interesting conversation with a SA today regarding delivery/collection of the M3, I asked about changing location, but she also said I could request for a home delivery if I wanted, my concern is that if there are any issues with the car on delivery, I guess I have to then drive it back to a SC to be corrected, What's your thoughts on this?

Looks like we are all just hitting refresh to check our VIN allocation, I know I check about 10 times a day and only ordered about 10 days ago. Had an interesting conversation with a SA today regarding delivery/collection of the M3, I asked about changing location, but she also said I could request for a home delivery if I wanted, my concern is that if there are any issues with the car on delivery, I guess I have to then drive it back to a SC to be corrected, What's your thoughts on this?
Well, collection won’t be a Tesla store…. It’s usually a rented car park with tents/marquees and a handful of staff. Whilst they might be able to do some very minor corrections E.g polish out a slight scuff. They won’t do anything too heavy and so it would need to go into a work shop anyway.

So I’d opt for home delivery because collection isn’t much different.

Not sure I've just made a big mistake 🤔...ordered on 29th October so I know M3 LR won't be coming for a while...saw a couple of the exact same M3 LR MSM Aero wheels I wanted at the exact same price in inventory so only had to press buy but decided to wait for maybe the newer battery (if we get one) in next shipment 🥺...now all stock sold ...have I made a mistake 😬...anyone else done the same thing? Have we done the right thing?