Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure I've just made a big mistake šŸ¤”...ordered on 29th October so I know M3 LR won't be coming for a while...saw a couple of the exact same M3 LR MSM Aero wheels I wanted at the exact same price in inventory so only had to press buy but decided to wait for maybe the newer battery in next shipment šŸ„ŗ...now all stock sold ...have I made a mistake šŸ˜¬...anyone else done the same thing? Have we done the right thing?
Yes here

Post in thread 'UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries'
Wiki - UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

Iā€™d say youā€™ve probably made a mistake, I wouldnā€™t hold onto the battery thing. Odds are we will never get the bigger battery as truth be told i dont think there is a particular need for it on the UK mainland.

Hi all! Newbie here. Ordered an SR+ M3 (black black) on 05-10-21. Has anybody ordered a similar spec from this date and has any movement or updates on delivery?
All of my info and payments are done but no VIN assigned.

Thanks in advance
Black / Black SR+ ordered 10/10 all info and payments done but no VIN either ....

Reactions: Cocomaxxi
Ordered a LR is Sept, and got the order reference confirmation text on the 15th of Sept. Initially was told it would be a November delivery, but as I haven't heard anything more, I'm now guessing its going to slip into Dec now?

When I spoke to Tesla, I was told I'd get an update approx 3 weeks before delivery, and as that hasn't happened I do think November is unlikely now. šŸ˜„

Ordered a LR is Sept, and got the order reference confirmation text on the 15th of Sept. Initially was told it would be a November delivery, but as I haven't heard anything more, I'm now guessing its going to slip into Dec now?

When I spoke to Tesla, I was told I'd get an update approx 3 weeks before delivery, and as that hasn't happened I do think November is unlikely now. šŸ˜„
November unlikely now, December but expect a vin late next week, or possibly early part of following week

Might be worth ringing Tesla to get them to check. I hadnā€™t received any texts or anything even though they said I would. I turned out my car was available and they booked my collection manually over the phone.

There have been a few people that had issues with certain mobile numbers not receiving texts.

Worth checking.

Yes here

Post in thread 'UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries'
Wiki - UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

Iā€™d say youā€™ve probably made a mistake, I wouldnā€™t hold onto the battery thing. Odds are we will never get the bigger battery as truth be told i dont think there is a particular need for it on the UK mainland.
yes I think so too šŸ™„...let's see what's in the next shipment...I'll jump in if back in inventory as before...since this is the first UK shipment of Q4 maybe they've shipped the last of the M3 LR batteries before factory retooling after the Chinese holidays as mentioned in another thread...these vins will indicate which direction Tesla is taking on UK batteries!

yes I think so too šŸ™„...let's see what's in the next shipment...I'll jump in if back in inventory as before...since this is the first UK shipment of Q4 maybe they've shipped the last of the M3 LR batteries before factory retooling after the Chinese holidays as mentioned in another thread...these vins will indicate which direction Tesla is taking on UK batteries!
Q4 VINs donā€™t indicate which battery has been fitted, although I agree the same LG as previously seen this year is likely.
The K at digit 8 in the VIN is related to the motor winding. Also, ā€˜retoolingā€™ is not required for a different battery, as the same Shanghai factory is producing EU LR and Australian LR in RHD with the larger Panasonic battery already. It is a conscious decision of Tesla to provide the UK market with the smaller battery - and if you order today the WLTP range is still 360 miles, so it doesnā€™t look like it will change for Q4. Maybe a 2022 spec car will be different. But nobody knows when that will happen as Tesla donā€™t stick to model years like conventional car manufacturers.

SR+ Option is now just ā€œModel 3ā€ with a 305 mile advertised range. Up from 279. Wonder whether Q4 orders will get this new pack?

Oh yeah... Very interesting! Wonder how we can tell?

EDIT: Gotten slower too. 5.3s to 5.8s

Attachments

• 626E3327-D748-4B45-9E50-82A31C3B8D16.jpeg
    626E3327-D748-4B45-9E50-82A31C3B8D16.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 52
Q4 VINs donā€™t indicate which battery has been fitted, although I agree the same LG as previously seen this year is likely.
The K at digit 8 in the VIN is related to the motor winding. Also, ā€˜retoolingā€™ is not required for a different battery, as the same Shanghai factory is producing EU LR and Australian LR in RHD with the larger Panasonic battery already. It is a conscious decision of Tesla to provide the UK market with the smaller battery - and if you order today the WLTP range is still 360 miles, so it doesnā€™t look like it will change for Q4. Maybe a 2022 spec car will be different. But nobody knows when that will happen as Tesla donā€™t stick to model years like conventional car manufacturers

The K at digit 8 in the VIN is related to the motor winding. Also, ā€˜retoolingā€™ is not required for a different battery, as the same Shanghai factory is producing EU LR and Australian LR in RHD with the larger Panasonic battery already. It is a conscious decision of Tesla to provide the UK market with the smaller battery - and if you order today the WLTP range is still 360 miles, so it doesnā€™t look like it will change for Q4. Maybe a 2022 spec car will be different. But nobody knows when that will happen as Tesla donā€™t stick to model years like conventional car manufacturers.
You're right about nothing happening in Q4 so would be looking at 2022 if were any changes to M3 LR...So, going by the February delivery of SR+ it's looking interesting as it's showing up to 305 miles WLTP on Tesla website now šŸ¤”

You're right about nothing happening in Q4 so would be looking at 2022 if were any changes to M3 LR...So, going by the February delivery of SR+ it's looking interesting as it's showing up to 305 miles WLTP on Tesla website now šŸ¤”
SR+ new packs can be identified by a J in their VIN, the new packs have a new motor also in SR+, this change has happened since Q4 in the U.K. market and other markets also.

I've made up my mind no matter what happens I'm still going to jump on a Q4 car...I'm fed up guessing what Tesla are going to do...with them it's like buying a lottery scratchcard, you just don't know what the numbers are going to be inside...anyway, this is just an interim car until they release the Model Y 7 seater as this is the car I'm really waiting for šŸ˜Ž

SR+ new packs can be identified by a J in their VIN, the new packs have a new motor also in SR+, this change has happened since Q4 in the U.K. market and other markets also.

Despite much talk over this, and reports of some owners in Germany "possibly" having some. This is not confirmed until any of us Q4 SR+ owners actually get our cars in the next few weeks and start measuring the KWH (And 0-60 apparently?!)

The SR+ jumped to a February delivery last month, so every possibility they wanted to introduce the new pack for the new year (hence also changing the name of the trim spec - deleting the "Standard Range Plus"). Even if the new pack/motor is in the Q4 SR+, there is a high chance it will be software locked anyway, to match what people actually ordered regarding range and 0-60.