Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, just off with a long call with Tesla.

They were so helpful. Car that matched mine was made on the 29th Sept and currently on a boat. They do not know why they have so many cars appear, they arent even told, but we both agreed it was likely linked to cancellations or changes.

So.... there I am, 2 cars that match mine and the SA made it clear that should could easily swap it out for me and so i would have my Vin number. That 2 became 1 car that matched within just a few mins.

I have a holiday next week for 2 weeks and she said that it could quite possibly turn up during my holiday allowing me 7 days to pick it up otherwise i'll go back to the end of the queue. I'm between a rock and a f****** hard place.

Long story short, i was contemplating for so long that 0 cars now matched. It was sold.

So there you have it, i'm back to where i started off 5 minutes ago. Waiting for my vin.

• Funny
Reactions: stiopa and Algy

They were so helpful. Car that matched mine was made on the 29th Sept and currently on a boat. They do not know why they have so many cars appear, they arent even told, but we both agreed it was likely linked to cancellations or changes.

So.... there I am, 2 cars that match mine and the SA made it clear that should could easily swap it out for me and so i would have my Vin number. That 2 became 1 car that matched within just a few mins.

I have a holiday next week for 2 weeks and she said that it could quite possibly turn up during my holiday allowing me 7 days to pick it up otherwise i'll go back to the end of the queue. I'm between a rock and a f****** hard place.

Long story short, i was contemplating for so long that 0 cars now matched. It was sold.

So there you have it, i'm back to where i started off 5 minutes ago. Waiting for my vin.
to be fair though, you are still expecting it in Q4 aren't you? If so given you ordered just over a week ago up to a 2 month lead time on a new car is still excellent (assuming Q4 delivery). Especially given issues other manufacturers are having even getting cars out within 6 months

to be fair though, you are still expecting it in Q4 aren't you? If so given you ordered just over a week ago up to a 2 month lead time on a new car is still excellent (assuming Q4 delivery). Especially given issues other manufacturers are having even getting cars out within 6 months
yeh exactly, SA was overwhelmingly positive that they will get these orders out in time for December, Just annoying you know... spend all these hours obsessing over this bloody Vin and there's my chance to get it today.

What will be will be, just going to focus on my holiday and worry about tesla after. Would have been a nightmare getting my delivery message at the start of my holiday. Would have had to get my 80 year old nan to pick it up lol

yeh exactly, SA was overwhelmingly positive that they will get these orders out in time for December, Just annoying you know... spend all these hours obsessing over this bloody Vin and there's my chance to get it today.

What will be will be, just going to focus on my holiday and worry about tesla after. Would have been a nightmare getting my delivery message at the start of my holiday. Would have had to get my 80 year old nan to pick it up lol
haha! I definitely wouldn't want my nan collecting my car, she hasn't even got a drivers licence!

I know what you mean about the holiday, the day my delivery is due we have plans in the evening (120 mile drive too) so I'm hoping it turns up early enough, otherwise we won't be going, and they've told me delivery can be anywhere between 8am and 8pm on the day.

I called and as I only had the basic white/black/aero there were 7 available. Got one allocated and immediately got a collection date of 11th. I ordered 5th sept, I’m bored waiting to be allocated.

I’ve decided to pull EAP from my Dec delivery white LR order today; following various UK reviews on YouTube. Sadly the functionality just doesn’t seem worth £3400 in the UK at the minute.

Who else has ordered EAP, and what was your reasoning?

Reactions: Fleetham
I called and as I only had the basic white/black/aero there were 7 available. Got one allocated and immediately got a collection date of 11th. I ordered 5th sept, I’m bored waiting to be allocated.
see what i mean, i would have been royally f***** as I leave for my holiday on the 11th. Thanks for this mate, proves I made a good call, even if I am crying to myself whole checking vin checker again.

I’ve decided to pull EAP from my Dec delivery white LR order today; following various UK reviews on YouTube. Sadly the functionality just doesn’t seem worth £3400 in the UK at the minute.

Who else has ordered EAP, and what was your reasoning?
Anything other than standard AP is not worth the money, not even remotely close to the money. Only upgrade that is worth your money is the 0-60 performance upgrade or the SR+ Heated seats IMO.

Someone said "60 cars" earlier this afternoon, I have been looking at the stock of LR to see if any have the larger battery pack (they don't) but literally they are dispearing every few minutes! tesla-info now only shows 5 cars stock total - so it looks like everyone jumped on the phone or had alerts and decided to buy one that matched what they want instantly!

haha! I definitely wouldn't want my nan collecting my car, she hasn't even got a drivers licence!

I know what you mean about the holiday, the day my delivery is due we have plans in the evening (120 mile drive too) so I'm hoping it turns up early enough, otherwise we won't be going, and they've told me delivery can be anywhere between 8am and 8pm on the day.
sh*t. Do they drop you a text on the day or something with a time?

Someone said "60 cars" earlier this afternoon, I have been looking at the stock of LR to see if any have the larger battery pack (they don't) but literally they are dispearing every few minutes! tesla-info now only shows 5 cars stock total - so it looks like everyone jumped on the phone or had alerts and decided to buy one that matched what they want instantly!
Yes and rightly so, if I wasnt going away! I'd be pretty ecstatic right now