Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For M3LR Q4 owners who may be disappointed about the likely supply of the LG 77kWh battery vs the newer 82kWh Panasonic on the M3LR in the EU. Something to cheer you up.

just watching this now, thank you for sharing, cheering me up some what!

anyone know what the line and dots mean on the screen in the M3? Think it must be linked to battery performance or something.

Is it reasonable to say that the telephone CS people are more helpful than the online ones? I used the online CS support yesterday and didn't get much information and I am thinking of phoning instead.

Having seen others with identical spec (SR+ Blue, standard wheels, black interior), who ordered after me, I am getting a little worried that I might not get my car this quarter (having ordered it on the 3rd Oct). Do you think a phone call would help?
If this is your spec, you’re the exact same as me. I ordered a week later than you and when I called CS I’d been assigned a car (VIN comes via SMS they could not confirm on the phone).

Get on the phone to them tomorrow mate.

Reactions: robbo100
just watching this now, thank you for sharing, cheering me up some what!

anyone know what the line and dots mean on the screen in the M3? Think it must be linked to battery performance or something.
The dots are related to amount of regen available. The less dots the better the regen.
It's impacted by both state of charge and more importantly battery temperature, i.e. if a lower batter temp and/or high state of charge the less regen is available to be gained when driving.

Below is a useful link on how it works:

I've been trying to learn as much about the car as possible lol.

Reactions: jlz78
Ordered on 6th October, RN received on the 12th October - ordered as a company car via ALD. A guy at Tesla had let me know a week or so ago that i'd had a reg provisionally assigned. Spoked to CS tonight who said I'm down for 29th Nov delivery. Very exciting! Just need PodPoint to pull their finger out and sort out an install date after 3 weeks of chasing them.

Reactions: OddityError
Those with SR+ VINs for Q4 delivery, what does your dashboard show on your Tesla Account? I wonder whether some Q4 Model 3 deliveries say “2022 Model 3” here rather than “2021 Standard Range Plus” as an indication of newer battery?

Attachments

• 86D84B9B-FEDD-4287-8C1E-4FDEC6B03F3D.jpeg
    86D84B9B-FEDD-4287-8C1E-4FDEC6B03F3D.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 73
Those with SR+ VINs for Q4 delivery, what does your dashboard show on your Tesla Account? I wonder whether some Q4 Model 3 deliveries say “2022 Model 3” here rather than “2021 Standard Range Plus” as an indication of newer battery?
Mine is 2021 model 3 on the dashboard. Changed after I found the VIN in the source code. (Together with the Bluetooth notification in the app)

All SR+ models get the same LFP batteries. The 8th letter in the VIN being J indicates the efficient motor, rather than the performance motor (indicated by the 8th VIN letter being A).

It was just agreed at board level to favour range over speed. Thus, 2022 models will achieve 305 mile range and 5.8s 0-60 via software update.

All SR+ models get the same LFP batteries. The 8th letter in the VIN being J indicates the efficient motor, rather than the performance motor (indicated by the 8th VIN letter being A).

It was just agreed at board level to favour range over speed. Thus, 2022 models will achieve 305 mile range and 5.8s 0-60 via software update.
Tesla have explicitly told me my Q4 order is not the 305 mile range variant regardless of the VIN having a J in it.

3 CS advisors told me this same thing.

Yeah, I know. I’m just disheartened as I’ve been told many times by Tesla my car will be the 279 range vehicle. Being delivered late November.

Worry not. Although SR+ VINs with J are ultimately the 305 range (already being delivered in EU), it’s likely the UK J VINs have software that keeps the range and speed as listed. I’ll let you know exactly what my J does soon after I take delivery on 26 Nov.

I was hoping for an A just so I can “boast” about having a performance motor 😂

So not only will I not have the rear performance motor, I’m not likely to have the 305 range either!