Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’ll be a flood of cars going out to collection points over the next few days as Grand Dahlia has just unloaded at Southampton and as she leaves she is passing Paradise Ace on her way in to unload.
Tesla collection dudes and dudettes are going to be a busy bunch on the run up to Christmas!!

Despite calling ahead and getting the all clear to arrive early it seems no one here was aware 😂

The waiting room.... So alone

Attachments

• 20211213_111635.jpg
    20211213_111635.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: dave8089
Jaysus this bodes well for Thursday. Sounds like you really are the guinea pig. I'd say the Tesla reps are just late - is your appointment at 12pm?
There's hardly anyone from Tesla outside, there's one guy driving the Cars from out back to the front for your appointment slot. The rest of the guys seem to be in a room on laptops... Which you can't see into 😂

2 people have collected while I've been here so it's relatively quiet to say the least.

@Oxstock this is what I meant by “screwdriver rash”. Booked in for mobile service appt on Xmas eve - it was that or 100 mile round trip for a service centre visit.

View attachment 743177

And this is the rear bumper scuff I spotted, but I haven’t put it in yet as I am not 100% it was there when I collected… I gave it good going over but the lighting in their marquees isn’t the best

View attachment 743178
So with relation to the steering wheel... "this is not a stocked part and so we need to wait for this to ship" - so now Tesla have postponed my appointment to February 2022. 2 and a half months to replace a bit of plastic.

Don't do it Bevyboy...I thought the same thing when Tesla messed me up...I also looked at the Ionic 5 and Kia EV6...the quality of the interior for the Ionic 5 is so cheap feeling compared to the M3, for this I would go with the EV6 which is much better...remember, you're looking at paying the same price as a Tesla Model 3 or near damn it, so!

Resale value! there will be no comparison...as more Ionics and EV6's enter the market they'll drop like a stone, especially when more used Teslas come on the market...sad to say, more people would prefer to buy a used Tesla than a used Kia or Hyundai...Tesla has this "je ne sais quoi" which the others just don't have...

You're on this community right, well! you'll never have this experience with Kia or Hyundai...purchasing a Tesla's not just about the vehicle it's the whole experience and community that comes with it...I felt that if I purchased an Ionic 5 or EV6 I'd be left on my own annoying the missus and complaining to her how I wish I'd bought the model 3 when one drove by...yes, Ionic 5 will be the centre of attention for now as these cars are relatively new but once the initial excitement dies down then you'll be the only person left at the party because everyone else has gone to the Tesla rave 🕺...

I was told by a friend, wait for what you really want as you will never really be happy with what you get! at the moment I really want a Tesla Model 3, if I change that path and get something else I'll never really be satisfied...if I buy an M3 and it doesn't turn out to be up to my expectations then I can always change for something else later on but then I'll have no regrets...I'd just wait it out...read a post of a chap from Ireland who picked one up from inventory travelled to the UK, drove it home and he's thoroughly happy...all I can say, lucky I took my friends advice 😅

Dont kid yourself, its a 6 month wait for a full spec ev6. The model 3 is going to be like the toyota prius. they're selling so many of them.

Both the EV6 and ioniq 5 have a lot of 'je ne sais quoi'.

Good spot! Are you sorted and free on the open road?
Just arrived back to Limerick. Car is a lovely drive now I gotta say, it was 63% charged when I got into it so I could of made it all thr way back but was starving so stopped at the birdhill superchargers.

They didnt replace the rear taillight in the end as the replacement they had in site was scratched, they've asked I put a service request in and they'll call down to the house to replace. Honestly it's not something you'd ever notice unless you're looking like I was - basically with a telescope!. Apologies for the lack of photos lads, it was a bit of a weird set up In there and the light issue sorta took my buzz away for a while, there's also a weird lip on the front bumper that I struggle to describe, like someone's put ppf onto the front end but it's not, Just how it was painted. The guys had never seen this before but looked at the other white cars there and they were all the exact same. No such issue on the he blue or black...

As the above though, you wouldn't notice it unless you're looking dead on and I don't fancy a full bumper respray ( they offered as an option) I'll live with it.

Attachments

• 20211213_115242~2.jpg
    20211213_115242~2.jpg
    900.9 KB · Views: 42
Just arrived back to Limerick. Car is a lovely drive now I gotta say, it was 63% charged when I got into it so I could of made it all thr way back but was starving so stopped at the birdhill superchargers.

They didnt replace the rear taillight in the end as the replacement they had in site was scratched, they've asked I put a service request in and they'll call down to the house to replace. Honestly it's not something you'd ever notice unless you're looking like I was - basically with a telescope!. Apologies for the lack of photos lads, it was a bit of a weird set up In there and the light issue sorta took my buzz away for a while, there's also a weird lip on the front bumper that I struggle to describe, like someone's put ppf onto the front end but it's not, Just how it was painted. The guys had never seen this before but looked at the other white cars there and they were all the exact same. No such issue on the he blue or black...

As the above though, you wouldn't notice it unless you're looking dead on and I don't fancy a full bumper respray ( they offered as an option) I'll live with it.
Enjoy it, safe trip the rest of the way home.

They didnt replace the rear taillight in the end as the replacement they had in site was scratched, they've asked I put a service request in and they'll call down to the house to replace. Honestly it's not something you'd ever notice unless you're looking like I was - basically with a telescope!. Apologies for the lack of photos lads, it was a bit of a weird set up In there and the light issue sorta took my buzz away for a while, there's also a weird lip on the front bumper that I can explain, like someone's put ppf onto the front end but it's not. Just how it was painted, they guys had never seen this before but looked at the other white cars there and they were all the exact same. No such issue on the he blue or black...

Congrats again. Its a beaut - looks really clean. Out of interest were all the cars you saw registered?

Sorry to hear the buzz was impacted by the taillight issue. Will be bringing the checklist myself otherwise I will definitely miss something. Plus the wife will be with me to keep me honest and not just saying "feck it its grand just take it"

Reactions: Bandito
So i looked at this a bit more and what I thought were my fog lights are being represented as my brake lights on the In Car Display - so it could be that the outer lights get brighter for fogs and the smaller lights are brake lights. Need to look when I can use 'er indoors to do the pedals and button pushing etc.
The in car display does not look like it reflects which light cluster you have. On mine, on the real life car, the outer curved lights get brighter when I touch the brakes, and the smaller, inner lights both activate with rear fog - the in car display doesn't match this, just activates the two inner lights for brakes, which is actually easier to see.

Reactions: khew1988
Congrats again. Its a beaut - looks really clean. Out of interest were all the cars you saw registered?

Sorry to hear the buzz was impacted by the taillight issue. Will be bringing the checklist myself otherwise I will definitely miss something. Plus the wife will be with me to keep me honest and not just saying "feck it its grand just take it"
I didn't use the checklist in the end. I went round and round it though and Inspected every inch of it. They have 2 of the mobile service technicians on hand there if any issues crop up and they were dead on. They were happy to answer anything

Take this with a pinch of salt but the service technician told me that the new light cluster can't be swapped in for the old one if you have it. He said, same connectors, cables etc but for some reason it just won't work in the car and they don't understand why not.

Having got all excited when my agreement arrived with a registration number on it last week, I called CS to chase delivery only to discover that I still haven't been assigned a car. Most likely to arrive Jan or Feb now. He said they were expecting a significant wave of cars in January for the first time.

Christmas is coming late for me by the sound of it :(

Reactions: OddityError
The in car display does not look like it reflects which light cluster you have. On mine, on the real life car, the outer curved lights get brighter when I touch the brakes, and the smaller, inner lights both activate with rear fog - the in car display doesn't match this, just activates the two inner lights for brakes, which is actually easier to see.
Yeah that makes sense. Probably easier to notice "new" illumination digitally instead of increasing intensity!