Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it in a text when they wanted me to Pay the invoice. The Final Invoice also contains the Registration.

I'm with LV and using their online 'Change My Car' option gave me a quote £170 more than when I did a fresh quote using a make and model!
I queried this on the chat and they said, they can't change either price. it would be best to cancel my insurance on my current car and use the fresh quote and they won't charge me an admin fee!! :oops:. If I ring them ask them to do it they will charge me a £15 admin fee!

Madness!

I did a fresh quote with direct line and it came out £20 less than LV but with only. a week to go its not the best time for doing quotes.....
Getting a reg 3 weeks in advance would have been the best way out of this but I guess its what I have to and suffer for another year before I can do a proper insurance comparison....
You are not alone. I did everything in advance and there was no issue with Tesla. In fact got my reg plate 3 weeks in advance. But as you mentioned the vehicle does not appear in DVLA system and the only way to do is using phone line. But the one downside is Tesla never gaurentees that this is the exact vehicle you will get. That’s why they register on the morning of delivery. There is a real possibility even if you seal the deal with the insurer on the day of registration the number plate can change and your insurer may again change the quotation value.

• Helpful
Reactions: Puzuk
You can still get your documents with your reg number but will have to input the make/model etc
You can take that risk but Tesla still can change the reg plate on the day of delivery. They warn you about this when you discuss this with insurers. Unfortunately the insurers hike the price if your reg plate changes on the day of delivery. They do not just charge the admin fees for this change. Been thro this and learnt my lesson.

The problem is with how Tesla register the vehicle on the day of delivery. But I think they are protecting themselves against people not turning up to take delivery and then the car will become a ore registered vehichle

Insurance: I'm a long term NFU customer with a multi car policy, but it seems that their underwriters are frightened of Electricity. They will quote, but £1000 a year with a £1000 excess. I've only got 6 weeks left to renew so it will stay with them, but then they lose all three cars.
I have files a formal complaint: it will be back to LV at this rate, they offered the lowest price.

Insurance: I'm a long term NFU customer with a multi car policy, but it seems that their underwriters are frightened of Electricity. They will quote, but £1000 a year with a £1000 excess. I've only got 6 weeks left to renew so it will stay with them, but then they lose all three cars.
I have files a formal complaint: it will be back to LV at this rate, they offered the lowest price.
:eek:. Not surprised you are. You can see my LV rant in another thread but they're one of the cheapest.

Looks like Cribbs is busy next weekend. Driving back into Wales along the M4 in my new car should be fun!

You can take that risk but Tesla still can change the reg plate on the day of delivery. They warn you about this when you discuss this with insurers. Unfortunately the insurers hike the price if your reg plate changes on the day of delivery. They do not just charge the admin fees for this change. Been thro this and learnt my lesson.

The problem is with how Tesla register the vehicle on the day of delivery. But I think they are protecting themselves against people not turning up to take delivery and then the car will become a ore registered vehichle
They can change my plate no can they? the Tesla person who called me yesterday to check everything was ok for my pickup next week specifically told me to get the car insured.

I've just purchased a M3P today with the business 😃 This is my first new car, I know I need to insure as early as possible to get the best prices as I'm only 24.
- Does anyone have a brief checklist of when to call up to arrange insurance? I've looked around at some quotes but obviously no reg/VIN yet.

Should I only secure a quote once I know delivery date?

I've just purchased a M3P today with the business 😃 This is my first new car, I know I need to insure as early as possible to get the best prices as I'm only 24.
- Does anyone have a brief checklist of when to call up to arrange insurance? I've looked around at some quotes but obviously no reg/VIN yet.

I think you can seal a deal with insurers 21 days in advance without registration. But once you get the registration you can pay and finalise. Teals normally registers the car with DVLA only on the morning of the delivery day. So your car registration will not appear on the insurance sites. You have to call them and buy the insurance if you have registration number.

I’m also 24 and have ordered an SR+ Do you mind sharing your best insurance quote? Best I can find is approx £1200 with Direct Line