Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 weeks to go until delivery day and I can’t be the only one having to explain to my wife why half the car has arrived before the car??
6EC88428-EAC4-403C-8238-5E96FE91FA3B.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: spdpsba
I wish I didn't read your comment now. I was hoping @SimonRutter is right that in 5 days I will have a delivery date. I hope you get it sorted out soon mate.
Once you have the RN just get into the phone with Tesla.

Every time I've spoken to them they've been very helpful. Yesterday I called them to see if my car had a reg plate yet (so I could change my parking permits).

While they couldn't tell me that they did tell me when it was expected to arrive (8th June), how many miles were on the odometer (7.5miles) and how much battery was currently on it (65%).

Not bad for a car currently northwest of Indonesia.

Reactions: jfrancis and ningpa

Every time I've spoken to them they've been very helpful. Yesterday I called them to see if my car had a reg plate yet (so I could change my parking permits).

While they couldn't tell me that they did tell me when it was expected to arrive (8th June), how many miles were on the odometer (7.5miles) and how much battery was currently on it (65%).

The German companies and traditional showrooms can learn something from Elon that car buying can be a different experience rather than some boring visits to their show room and drinking their coffee and champagne! And the worst of all haggling for prices and add on!

About the same. Order submitted by Kinto about 22nd April, then the "set up account" and "congratulations on your order" SMSes. Chased via online chat on Monday, told my car would be allocated "later this month". I'll chase again next week. Kinto delivery estimate resolutely stick at 22nd July, suspect this is "put any date in the box, by default 3 months from order".
Let us know if you get anything back.
Kinto was who I dealt with as well. I found calling Tesla and talking to someone worked. Also, bear in mind that Kinto uses a leasing company who are the ones buying the car from Tesla. I found out that the leasing company (in this case Arval) had set the car allocation to the car delivery date which meant I was always going to get the car late. So I had Tesla change the car allocation date to an earlier date in order to meet my preferred delivery date (end of my current lease) - that seems to have worked quite well. Usually, delivery is about 7-10 days after the car is allocated.

Remember to ask Kinto for your Tesla Reference Number - with that, you can talk to Tesla anytime ;)

Reactions: Dunstan
I just called Tesla for an update on my order, I was told that delivery of my M3LR is due on the 26th May. My order was confirmed on the 11th May so I find that really hard to believe. 26th of June seems a lot more likely, right?
Not necessarily (Tesla operates in strange ways :)) - Someone may not have taken delivery and it is a match for your order so the car has been allocated to you!

Reactions: Eljaybe
I just called Tesla for an update on my order, I was told that delivery of my M3LR is due on the 26th May. My order was confirmed on the 11th May so I find that really hard to believe. 26th of June seems a lot more likely, right?
Not really. I got mine in 10 days, so if your order matches and the car available - as Tesla brings more cars than the number of orders. It is also helped by the short list of options Tesla has got - so matching is easy if someone does not pick up their order. Think of it like ordering an iPad - you can only choose ipad(SR+), ipad mini, Air(LR), or Pro (Performance) and then combination of storage (part premium, premium) and cellular (black or white interior and wheels option). So matching is easy. No wonder why Model 3 is the best selling car not just best selling EV!

Last edited:
Not really. I got mine in 10 days, so if your order matches and the car available - as Tesla brings more cars than the number of orders. It is also helped by the short list of options Tesla has got - so matching is easy if someone does not pick up their order.

That is really good to hear! I haven't received my VIN yet, but from what I have read on here that could all happen very last minute.

Edit: Just called Tesla and got my VIN (219), time to get excited! Good luck everyone 🤞

Last edited:
That is really good to hear! I haven't received my VIN yet, but from what I have read on here that could all happen very last minute.
Yes, you may get that on the 24th with VIN and Reg - also collection point details etc.,. But as other members have mentioned, if you want to know your VIN and Reg you can call them and depending on your lease providers (if you are leasing) they may pass it on to you or not.

Was gonna order in a few months but my partner surprised me last and told me she ordered me a M3 last week, pick up Wednesday from bluewater (being transported from Brent Cross)!!
We paid the final amount last night but it’s not shown on my account yet, how long does it normally take?

I too was panicking cos I couldn’t access the site after.

Also anyone who picked up from Brent Cross or bluewater, does your reg start with LD?
Thanks
Collection on the 29th May from Brent Cross
Reg plate LA21
Payment appeared on my account after around 15-20 minute, probably it speed up a bit due to the fact I emailed the confirmation of payment confirmation to the Tesla rep who send me over the payment details I also cc’d in the email DeliveryGB

Reactions: D1939

Oh wow, that is impressive to have all that information. I hope I get the RN number soon.

Reactions: SimonRutter
Was gonna order in a few months but my partner surprised me last and told me she ordered me a M3 last week, pick up Wednesday from bluewater (being transported from Brent Cross)!!
We paid the final amount last night but it’s not shown on my account yet, how long does it normally take?

I too was panicking cos I couldn’t access the site after.

Also anyone who picked up from Brent Cross or bluewater, does your reg start with LD?
Thanks
Hey

I’m picking up from Brent Cross tomorrow and my ref starts With ‘LA’

It took me a few days of chasing to get confirmation my funds had been received....including someone from customer support saying that their colleague had looked and the money wasn’t there...ha.... it won’t impact your pick up etc so don’t worry about it, you may just need to send proof of payment (which in my case was simply a photograph of my laptop screen showing the transfer)

Hey

I’m picking up from Brent Cross tomorrow and my ref starts With ‘LA’

It took me a few days of chasing to get confirmation my funds had been received....including someone from customer support saying that their colleague had looked and the money wasn’t there...ha.... it won’t impact your pick up etc so don’t worry about it, you may just need to send proof of payment (which in my case was simply a photograph of my laptop screen showing the transfer)
Thanks for your replies, I’m just wondering if I will get an ‘LA’ too then, I’m actually picking up from bluewater in Kent but it’s being transported from Brents cross. So I guess it depends which area it gets registered in.

I emailed about the payment and was told it can take a few days to show up, I’m not sure if that’s the case, as the £10 test I sent across, showed up an hour later. Maybe it takes long we as it’s a much larger amount. 🤷
All the best for the collection! 👍

Reactions: OliLondon
Thanks for your replies, I’m just wondering if I will get an ‘LA’ too then, I’m actually picking up from bluewater in Kent but it’s being transported from Brents cross. So I guess it depends which area it gets registered in.

I emailed about the payment and was told it can take a few days to show up, I’m not sure if that’s the case, as the £10 test I sent across, showed up an hour later. Maybe it takes long we as it’s a much larger amount. 🤷
All the best for the collection! 👍
Cheers bud, same to you :) - enjoy!

Sorry if I've missed something - but how are you guys getting your reg numbers? Do they appear in your account, or are you calling Tesla for them? My delivery is scheduled for 16th June but I've not yet received anything (my VIN isn't even showing yet, I've only found it through the page source!).
I received a text message with my reg.