Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updating my earlier posts - for the information of anyone wondering what the order process is looking like right now.
  • 30 Apr: Used the chat and 'trade-in quotation' features on the Tesla website to ask some dumb questions. A helpful chap at Tesla UK called back to ask if I needed help with anything. He emailed later back some information, and a statement: 'I would expect the latest you would receive the vehicle would be early June'.
  • 1st May: I ordered a Model 3 AWD/LR Blue, 'from inventory', and paid the £100 deposit. No financing, no lease, no trade in. The site was showing 'Est. Delivery: June' for that vehicle from inventory (and its location was 'in transit')
  • 1st May: Automated email from Tesla arrived saying 'Thank You -Your Order is Confirmed' prompting me to go onto the site and enter further information (driving licence images, details of where I can take delivery etc.). The site updated to show 'Completed Tasks' including all these things and two attached documents: Booking Invoice and Order Agreement. The first of these includes VIN LRW3F7EB1MC236xxx
  • 3rd May: The Next Steps tab on the order page still says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment"
  • 4th May: Received two SMS messages, the first saying "Congratulations on ordering ... " and the second saying "Your Tesla Account is now complete and we will contact you once ..."
  • 5th May: Emailed the helpful chap at Tesla UK, who responded with "It is currently on its way from China with an estimate arrival date of the 10th June"
  • 17th May: Received SMS "Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated..." and two hours later "Tesla Update - Your Model 3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery! Please select your preferred time within one day of receiving this message:...". The earliest available date was 1st June (at Brent Cross. London). I selected that, and an appointment confirmation email arrived a few minutes later.
  • 18th May: I called 01628 450 660 option 4 with various questions. Interesting responses included "The car has already made port in Southampton" and "It will be prepped for delivery on Friday 28th May". The VIN showing on my account hasn't changed from the one mentioned above.
  • 19th May: Received SMS "Tesla Update" including the time/date of my pickup at Brent Cross, a new different VIN and the registration number (they mention that it will not be finalised with the DVLA until the day of delivery). The new VIN is LRW3F7EB9MC218xxx.
So I am looking forward, with great excitement, to an outing to Brent Cross in a couple of weeks!

Reactions: DigbyChicken
This is slightly worrying for me as I'm part financing with my bank via their own pcp and they require the reg number before they will make the payment to Tesla. When I last spoke to Tesla they said they wanted payment 7 days prior to collection.
Bit of a Catch 22 for you!
Explain banks requirements by phone and by written means to Tesla
Explain to bank Tesla are not (yet) providing you with Reg number and ask them if they will accept a VIN no. ( if Tesla have given you a VIN !) be aware, according to some forum members the VIN can be changed at the last moment.
Hopefully bank or Tesla will find a solution
Good luck

Got my text today 22 June to Peterhead, I can now start to look into selling my old car, Arnold Clark (Local) or motorway seem to be the option but being where I am, I expect will have an effect on the price. Will now start the Scottish charger grant application. Would have been nice if delivery was a week early as I could have claimed it as an anniversary present from the company!
Same here got text for collection on the 22nd. I just ordered last week.

Reactions: skippyinspace
Bit of a Catch 22 for you!
Explain banks requirements by phone and by written means to Tesla
Explain to bank Tesla are not (yet) providing you with Reg number and ask them if they will accept a VIN no. ( if Tesla have given you a VIN !) be aware, according to some forum members the VIN can be changed at the last moment.
Hopefully bank or Tesla will find a solution
Good luck
I know!
I have explained it to Tesla previously but it might be worth getting them another call. I think it depends on if you get a good adviser on the phone! Yeah got my VIN a few weeks back, I did read about VINs being changed.
Fingers crossed it'll get sorted one way or another. Cheers

Reactions: Somex
I've just received my final invoice.

In the tesla account, it says include the RN number in any payments. In the invoice itself it says include the invoice number. Which is it?!

In reality, it doesn't matter, unless you have a couple of invoices running in parallel.

I sent money to both as a test, both reconciled just fine. But if you want to be 100% sure its going to be reconciled against the correct invoice, use the invoice number, until they reissue the invoice and that changes. Simples :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: yfwt
Some people have asked about Brent Cross collection. This is a repeat of my earlier post, but I can add some details now I have collected my car.

The collection area is the Brent Cross overflow carpark. This is an area to the south west of the main Brent Cross building and car parks.

It is an extra shopping car park that is unused under current restrictions - Tesla have taken the whole of the car park. There were about 50-100 cars there when I collected, mostly waiting to be collected in next week or so. The cars that are collected on the day - about 10-20 - are parked in a central covered area, and were being washed when I got there at 8:30. There is a temporary reception building with about 3-4 people greeting new owners.

Nearest bus stop is Etheridge Road - much nearer than the main Brent Cross bus station. For anyone travelling on the Northern Line, it is a walk of almost a mile from the tube station, but the walk should be easy to follow on walkways from the tube station.

Thanks for that info, really useful.

Got my reg and VIN this morning!

Some people have asked about Brent Cross collection. This is a repeat of my earlier post, but I can add some details now I have collected my car.

The collection area is the Brent Cross overflow carpark. This is an area to the south west of the main Brent Cross building and car parks.

It is an extra shopping car park that is unused under current restrictions - Tesla have taken the whole of the car park. There were about 50-100 cars there when I collected, mostly waiting to be collected in next week or so. The cars that are collected on the day - about 10-20 - are parked in a central covered area, and were being washed when I got there at 8:30. There is a temporary reception building with about 3-4 people greeting new owners.

Nearest bus stop is Etheridge Road - much nearer than the main Brent Cross bus station. For anyone travelling on the Northern Line, it is a walk of almost a mile from the tube station, but the walk should be easy to follow on walkways from the tube station.
Thanks for the details - just to confirm, no need to go to the store, just straight to the pick up location right?

1621497286223.png

Last edited:
Moderator comment - posts moved from "Who else is picking up this week?"
Whilst we at TMC appreciate that every new car collection is an exciting time, if we had a new thread for everyone's collection, or week of collection, or accessory, or charge point install, or software version, car issue etc etc the forums would become a very disjointed source of information. Whilst we try to balance unique thread content with existing thread topics, we appreciate that some times this balance is not to everyone's satisfaction and we apologies in advance.

Pick up on Saturday morning for me at Brent Cross, very excited 😊 - has anyone else here picked up at Brent Cross, if so how was the experience?

is anyone else picking up a new car this week? - I think a few have been mentioned

Last edited by a moderator: