Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a model 3 sr+ in April. Had a delivery date of 15th may to the dealership, this has now changed to the 30th June in the UK ☹️ Which ship do you think this could be on? I’ve been matched to a car now so fingers crossed the delivery date doesn’t change again!

I ordered a model 3 sr+ in April. Had a delivery date of 15th may to the dealership, this has now changed to the 30th June in the UK ☹️ Which ship do you think this could be on? I’ve been matched to a car now so fingers crossed the delivery date doesn’t change again!
Probably HYPERION RAY as that's the last ship for Q2. They'll definitely want to deliver before the end of June.

Reactions: DigbyChicken
Not sure whether this is more relevant to leasing thread or this one, sorry!

I'm looking to order a M3LR to fit in with the end of my current lease in mid-October. After test driving one recently I asked when would be best to place an order to fit that schedule, and they said sometime in August. However, given what I've seen regarding quarterly orders, shipping etc, it seems that if I order in August, it may well be delivered in September (end of Q3?) whereas if I delay ordering until October it might not arrive until December - is this correct?

Not sure whether this is more relevant to leasing thread or this one, sorry!

I'm looking to order a M3LR to fit in with the end of my current lease in mid-October. After test driving one recently I asked when would be best to place an order to fit that schedule, and they said sometime in August. However, given what I've seen regarding quarterly orders, shipping etc, it seems that if I order in August, it may well be delivered in September (end of Q3?) whereas if I delay ordering until October it might not arrive until December - is this correct?
It's a bit tricky with timing, mainly because Tesla don't simply say "12 weeks and the car is there", everything is much vaguer and subject to the exact ship things arrive on and so forth. I would however agree that an order in mid to end of August stands a chance of being in October, but you're also absolutely right, the end of Q3 push could easily get you in to September. The only way to prevent that is to get Tesla to put a "do no match" hold on your order until a certain date, but you don't want to cut it too fine else you'll end up with no car when you need it.

tl;dr Tesla are bad for exact dates, it's pot luck to an extent

It's a bit tricky with timing, mainly because Tesla don't simply say "12 weeks and the car is there", everything is much vaguer and subject to the exact ship things arrive on and so forth. I would however agree that an order in mid to end of August stands a chance of being in October, but you're also absolutely right, the end of Q3 push could easily get you in to September. The only way to prevent that is to get Tesla to put a "do no match" hold on your order until a certain date, but you don't want to cut it too fine else you'll end up with no car when you need it.

tl;dr Tesla are bad for exact dates, it's pot luck to an extent
Thanks. I guess I have some time left to mull it over, but will probably err on the side of potentially getting it a few weeks early!

Just had my delivery text in so booked to collect from Southhampton on the 11th. I know i've had an easy wait compared to the rest of you, it will only be 2weeks from order to collection when I get it :)

Now to start ordering all the other stuff i've bookmarked since placing the order. Oh and sorting out the charger!

Just had my delivery text in so booked to collect from Southhampton on the 11th. I know i've had an easy wait compared to the rest of you, it will only be 2weeks from order to collection when I get it :)

Now to start ordering all the other stuff i've bookmarked since placing the order. Oh and sorting out the charger!
Well done! Depending on how you look at it, we've been waiting for 9/6/3 weeks, and we still don't have a confirmed date.

(I know some are in a worse position, so I'm trying not to moan too much. But the lack of response to emails etc. is pretty poor. I know it's 'the Tesla way', but given that they see themselves as more of a technology company than a car manufacturer, it's especially galling. I'm not regretting our decision - yet - but the purchase process stopped being fun quite some time ago...)

For people who have recently collected/had delivered...

What came with the car accessory wise? Have people received the breakdown kit (triangle, basic first aid kit etc), memory stick for TeslaCam and all cables?

I've heard it can be hit and miss. Just need to see what I need to order if things have changed.

Although I'm leasing so Arnold Clark may include things as per previous cars I've had.

TIA.

Well done! Depending on how you look at it, we've been waiting for 9/6/3 weeks, and we still don't have a confirmed date.

(I know some are in a worse position, so I'm trying not to moan too much. But the lack of response to emails etc. is pretty poor. I know it's 'the Tesla way', but given that they see themselves as more of a technology company than a car manufacturer, it's especially galling. I'm not regretting our decision - yet - but the purchase process stopped being fun quite some time ago...)
I wouldn't bother with emails. Whenever I've called them I've had the info being requested either over the phone or sent by text.

What came with the car accessory wise? Have people received the breakdown kit (triangle, basic first aid kit etc), memory stick for TeslaCam and all cables?

I've heard it can be hit and miss. Just need to see what I need to order if things have changed.

Although I'm leasing so Arnold Clark may include things as per previous cars I've had.

TIA.
I had everything. Mine was an early Q2 collection from Brent Cross.

I suspect as we get nearer end Q2 there will be more missing items, and cannibalisations from other vehicles.

Reactions: SimonRutter

TIA.
Collected from Brent Cross last Friday - everything present & correct, including a 4M type 2 cable.

Reactions: SimonRutter

TIA.
Red bag with triangle, first aid kit.
Black bag with granny cable/3 pin plug.
Blue type 2 cable.
USB drive (plugged in, inside glovebox).
Mudflaps in boot.

I had some dirty marks, a small dent, a missing valve cap and a loose numberplate holder, thrown in for free :rolleyes:

Absolutely fair point - the car's in my wife's name, and she's somewhat deaf, which is why we haven't rushed to engage with Tesla in this way, but we might have to soon...
'My' Tesla is in my wife's name (£200p/m cheaper through her salary sacrifice scheme than through mine) and they've been talking to me without issue.

Some things have been texted to her after I asked but they've freely given me other info. I presume that the RN is like a key!