Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, newbie with a m3LR white on white order from 28/07.
No vin no EDD as yet but have been looking at inventory stock. Online chat said not to bother as it would delay delivery as they were all preproduction vehicles. Odd thing is some say Manchester, London, Belfast, etc, some say ‘in transit’ and some say nothing at all. Anyone know if the inventory stock with a SC location specified are targeted for those locations or actually already located there?

Hey guys, newbie with a m3LR white on white order from 28/07.
No vin no EDD as yet but have been looking at inventory stock. Online chat said not to bother as it would delay delivery as they were all preproduction vehicles. Odd thing is some say Manchester, London, Belfast, etc, some say ‘in transit’ and some say nothing at all. Anyone know if the inventory stock with a SC location specified are targeted for those locations or actually already located there?
I spoke with them about the same thing and they said that even though they have locations against them they are still Shanghai being loaded and those ones expected towards end of September (21st) into Southampton

Reactions: moodel_tree
Getting a bit frustrated with my experience. Ordered early June and told 4 weeks ago of my VIN but when I checked online with Tesla they said that VIN asn't mine and was assigned to someone else and there was no car matched against my RN number. My usually responsive lease company have been all but silent and I'm watching folk who ordered a month later than me getting delivery confrmations!!

Just got through on chat to check again and this time they intimated that my lease company look to have had a date set by which I would then be able to be matched :mad: He said I'm free and able to be matched as things stand but to be honest, I won't be holding my breath

Last edited:
Sounds like the lease firm may be holding out for the 71 plate? I'm also getting it through a lease firm and I think that may be why they haven't assigned a VIN for me yet...
I don't mind that as a concept, but is that not a pause on delivery, not matching. Get it matched and pencilled in for early Sept rather than chancing stock levels later on and wondering why there isn't any (potentially)

Reactions: Erol
I too am leasing but have a confirmed delivery for the 1st. I do think they are really keen on getting the 71 plate which is understandable. I have a hunch my lease company held back a little as when checking my account, there was actually 18 days from order date to get a RN. I thought it was around a week before checking.

Yeah I'm sure it's not entirely true, but kinda feels like it from what I've been reading! Went down the Tesla Loan route myself but haven't had contact from Tesla since ordering on 10th July.
I ordered the same day and same spec other than the colour. I've been hounding Tesla on chat for a couple of weeks now. Buying on business contract hire through Tesla (ALD Finance) and the communication once it is passed to the finance company is non-existemt.

I did challenge them today about holding back matching for the 71 registration but was told this is definitely not happening and "I can see that your order is up for vehicle allocation right now and will be allocated a VIN as soon as one becomes available."

Guess I have to take this at face value. Not holding my breath.

I had a text from Tesla on 23rd June confirming that they'd received my M3 LR order from my leasing company, then a further text last week with a delivery date of the 9th September.
I've spoken to Tesla today & they've confirmed that my car will be ready for delivery or collection from the 9th Sept. Tesla couldn't tell me which ship it is on but did confirm that it should be at Southampton by the 7th, to be transported to my nearest Tesla showroom on the 8th. I do have the option to collect it from Southampton Docks myself, but not before the 8th Sept.