Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, ordered 1st July... Not seen anyone saying they've had a performance allocated recently though so might be a bit longer
Slightly confusing considering I did order while the ETA for performance was still August and the ETA for the others being September, I guess I went with a config that was higher in demand or something.

I went on live chat to see if they had any info and they informed me that I would be looking at a September delivery and they aren't sure when I will have a VIN allocated, the most they could give me is "sometime in the next couple of weeks".

Reactions: sheresingh
New guy here. Just ordered an M3LR in red with white interior and 19" wheels. Pretty much exactly one week after our first test drive. Collection from the NEC in September. Saw a couple of red M3LRs appear in inventory, but with black interior. Mrs is smitten by the white cabin (it'll be her daily drive), so now the wait begins. :)
Don't hold your breath. I ordered a Blue M3LR with white interior, enhanced AP and larger wheels. August delivery date when ordered, but radio silence other than confirmation of details I wanted on the V5. I chased a couple of days ago via email, and they say mine is still not on a ship yet so can't be allocated. Your order sounds similar albeit red paint, and ordered 1 1/2 months later than me... Just to manage expectations. Tesla have no communication at all.

Got the text for a silver SR+ model 3 earlier today for a pickup on 1st Sept from Brent Cross, unfortunately I'm out of the country the first 2 weeks of September so I had to ask to move it to the 18th which I'll have to reconfirm delivery for
Follow up to this, I went to my local dealership yesterday for a test drive and discussed my order. They mentioned they have quite a few 21 plate Teslas they are trying to get rid off as everyone is waiting for the new 71 plate. As mine will be a company lease, I'm really not fussed about the plate so they're trying to get me a car that I may have before the end of the month so fingers crossed

I ordered a Blur M3LR end of July - told to expect delivery mid to end September. Other than Blue it is a standard LR car so I hope there will be a plentiful supply and I dont have to wait too long. Mr Miserable do you have any details of ships in transit I might have a car on. Also how long is the transit I understand that they don't come through the Suez Canal so must come the long way round.

I ordered a Blur M3LR end of July - told to expect delivery mid to end September. Other than Blue it is a standard LR car so I hope there will be a plentiful supply and I dont have to wait too long. Mr Miserable do you have any details of ships in transit I might have a car on. Also how long is the transit I understand that they don't come through the Suez Canal so must come the long way round.
They do go through the Suez canal

Hey everyone. Ordered a simple blue standard on 27th July. First off I still can’t see any of my account tasks on the site and zero record of my order at all other than the texts etc. I even wondered if I’d bought from a spam site but I rang them and they sorted the docs etc out so just waiting. Thing is my old car is giving up the ghost so wondering whether to cancel and get an inventory. I notice the inventory seems to have quite a few on today(which I’m sure is a recent thing) so wondering if it’s worth holding off as my car might possibly be in that batch? Any advice?

Hey everyone. Ordered a simple blue standard on 27th July. First off I still can’t see any of my account tasks on the site and zero record of my order at all other than the texts etc. I even wondered if I’d bought from a spam site but I rang them and they sorted the docs etc out so just waiting. Thing is my old car is giving up the ghost so wondering whether to cancel and get an inventory. I notice the inventory seems to have quite a few on today(which I’m sure is a recent thing) so wondering if it’s worth holding off as my car might possibly be in that batch? Any advice?

There are no EDD's on the inventory cars when checking the source, only the VIN's, so going off the sentiment of other people on the forum, it seems these cars in inventory are not even built yet -- although I could be wrong, it would be nice to get some confirmation on my understanding of this.

I say this as my car config has come and gone from inventory a few times over the last few days and I'm still to receive my VIN, I am still irked by this, but in all honesty even if I did match with an inventory car, I still think it would take as long or if not longer as I could be matched with an on-ship car thats already in transit. Its all a lottery tho.

In your circumstance though, if what I said at the beginning is correct, it won't matter a huge amount. You have two things to weigh up; if you order from inventory, you'll be assigned the car and you almost skip the lottery phase and instead just have to wait for delivery for a month or so. But, if you custom order, you'll get the exact spec car you want (if said spec that you want is not in inventory, if it is then I'd just go inventory!)

Again, that's if my understanding of this is correct.

I ordered the same spec as you, mid July. Was told early September (1st or 2nd week) and not heard a peep yet, so perhaps there is some luck in store for both of us at some point.

There are no EDD's on the inventory cars when checking the source, only the VIN's, so going off the sentiment of other people on the forum, it seems these cars in inventory are not even built yet -- although I could be wrong, it would be nice to get some confirmation on my understanding of this.

I say this as my car config has come and gone from inventory a few times over the last few days and I'm still to receive my VIN, I am still irked by this, but in all honesty even if I did match with an inventory car, I still think it would take as long or if not longer as I could be matched with an on-ship car thats already in transit. Its all a lottery tho.

In your circumstance though, if what I said at the beginning is correct, it won't matter a huge amount. You have two things to weigh up; if you order from inventory, you'll be assigned the car and you almost skip the lottery phase and instead just have to wait for delivery for a month or so. But, if you custom order, you'll get the exact spec car you want (if said spec that you want is not in inventory, if it is then I'd just go inventory!)

Again, that's if my understanding of this is correct.
Yeh it did seem weird with the inventory still having a ‘wait till it’s ready’ timescale but post below seems to suggest it could be quicker… all v odd. But… I guess it’s bad timing with everyone wanting a 71 plate? Not sure why I’d be v happy with a 21 plate!

Yeh it did seem weird with the inventory still having a ‘wait till it’s ready’ timescale but post below seems to suggest it could be quicker… all v odd. But… I guess it’s bad timing with everyone wanting a 71 plate? Not sure why I’d be v happy with a 21 plate!
Yeah while I can see it’d be nice to have a 71 plate I really couldn’t care less on a leased car what number is on it. I have had the the Tesla SA confirming I’m ok with a 21 as well as most people I know thinking I should wait. But I don’t particularly spend much time looking at a number plate I would just like to have the car as soon as possible

Yeah while I can see it’d be nice to have a 71 plate I really couldn’t care less on a leased car what number is on it. I have had the the Tesla SA confirming I’m ok with a 21 as well as most people I know thinking I should wait. But I don’t particularly spend much time looking at a number plate I would just like to have the car as soon as possible
If it's a lease car you might not get a say. If it's this close to a new plate, the lease company may very well want it on a 71 plate.

If it's a lease car you might not get a say. If it's this close to a new plate, the lease company may very well want it on a 71 plate.
It’s Tesla I’m leasing from and anyway I already have my registration number from them on a 21 plate.

I may be wrong but I’ve never really thought this wait for a new plate makes it worth more, they can just see the date of registration anyway and private plates exist. The only reason I can see is really people just wanting to show off ‘hey look at my new car’ I know it’s new so that’s all that matters.