Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got a VIN via online chat of 326***, despite my SA pushing the allocation text through a few days ago it wouldn't show on my account or in source and helpfully they went silent again over email for the entire week. The chat blamed the recent website updates breaking things, which I have personally experienced 😅

Interestingly online chat said they can see the car is currently in transit on a ship to the UK, although they wouldn't tell me which one, which they said in an almost teasing fashion:

Cheeky! :p

Said to hold out for my delivery text which will be heading through in the next few weeks. They said the following when giving more info about delivery windows:

Which does, as they build to order! I was then told...

🙊 being told off hahaha but its true, I need to just bite my tongue and wait now for the delivery text! 😬

Although it was quite banterous, they started slagging off the other car companies current wait times 😂
That is true though. Before going for a Model 3, I looked at the XC40 and the ix3 and told both were around a minimum of 6 months wait

Did you get a decent part exchange offer from Tesla? The offer I got wasn't great and I manage to get £5k more using Motorway, which was very efficient. My car was bought and collected by a VW dealership in Derby. The second-hand market is buoyant at present
Offered me £24k on a BMW 740iL which was about £1500 more than Motorway and WBAC. Got the M3 on business contract hire so about £7.5k equity coming my way! Plus it actually works out a few pounds cheaper a month for the business once I take into account not needing to pay a car allowance, lower fuel claim and no Class 1A National Insurance. Happy days. Just need the car now!

WBAC was £2k more and I haven't tried anyone else yet. My 60 days runs out on 22nd Sept so I was waiting to nearer that date. My car is a year old and getting almost what I paid for it but I will certainly look at Motorway, thanks for that.

Offered me £24k on a BMW 740iL which was about £1500 more than Motorway and WBAC. Got the M3 on business contract hire so about £7.5k equity coming my way! Plus it actually works out a few pounds cheaper a month for the business once I take into account not needing to pay a car allowance, lower fuel claim and no Class 1A National Insurance. Happy days. Just need the car now!
I had a 3 year old Tiguan Bi-turbo diesel, soon requiring a service and its first MOT with 23k miles. I was offered just shy of £25k from Tesla. Motorway, WBAC, Goodbye car all estimated around £28.5k and I was expecting the final offer to be less. I went with Motorway, where the car goes into an auction with dealerships and the highest offer was I got was £30k. They collected it two days later and the money was in my account before they left, with no admin fee like WBAC!
I've now got to share my wife's Zoe until I collect on 4th Sept, assuming I get permission from the boss ;)

Quick question for all the other people who went with a lease. How quickly after you got your text with your order reference number did you get your VIN/delivery date text? Do people who are leasing get the VIN number texts?
I have not received my VIN. Apparently that goes to the Lease company (Tusker in my case). I got my RN on 7th July and delivery text on the 3rd August. Delivery on the 7th September.

Reactions: StuBee
How quickly after you got your text with your order reference number did you get your VIN/delivery date text?
That is dependant on when you order within a 3 month period. If you place an order in the last month of a quarter when they have sold out of your specification you may have to wait 8+ weeks for the new quarter to start and enough cars to be built for the first shipments to set sail. If you order at the mid point of the quarter (i.e. now) you could only wait 2 weeks to get a delivery date.

The average is probably around 4 weeks.

Quick question for all the other people who went with a lease. How quickly after you got your text with your order reference number did you get your VIN/delivery date text? Do people who are leasing get the VIN number texts?
My lease was with G2L who use Lex. Had my RN 23rd June, Allocation text 6th Aug, delivery date text was 11th Aug. All texts came direct from Tesla. I havent had a VIN sent through at all but spoke to the SA at Tesla who I had the test drive with and he gave it to me.

To be honest the dates will vary depending what point in the quarter you order. There seems to always be a rush for the last month in a quarter. There were no shipments in July so it was always going to take a while. if you order now the whole process will be quicker as there are ships already on the way

That is dependant on when you order within a 3 month period. If you place an order in the last month of a quarter when they have sold out of your specification you may have to wait 8+ weeks for the new quarter to start and enough cars to be built for the first shipments to set sail. If you order at the mid point of the quarter (i.e. now) you could only wait 2 weeks to get a delivery date.

The average is probably around 4 weeks.
Cool. Got my order confirmation with my RN on Thursday (12th).

I’d be interested to know how you get on, as mine will be collected from Brent Cross. Do you have to go to the store, or is it a separate place?
From what I know you take the first left as you come off M1/A406 where it says tesla customers only and they have a separate collection area there.

check the below google streets view.

QQ: I am considering selling my VW Passat instead of doing the Tesla trade in as I might get a better price. If this happens and I call Tesla to revise my contract accordingly, will that affect delivery date in your experience?
Got significantly more for my Passat GTE via motorway - quotes from other sites varied but we're typically higher than Tesla by a good few K. Can't say what impact that change has on delivery though - still waiting for VIN 😋

QQ: I am considering selling my VW Passat instead of doing the Tesla trade in as I might get a better price. If this happens and I call Tesla to revise my contract accordingly, will that affect delivery date in your experience?
I did the very same thing last week and sold my VW Tiguan using Motorway and I got £5k more than Tesla offered. The second-hand market is currently buoyant.
Selling your car will not affect the delivery. Tesla just altered the details on my account and submitted an invoice for the full amount.