Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will let you know. FYI, I am being collected from home and driven there....in a TESLA!
I’d be interested to know how you get on, as mine will be collected from Brent Cross. Do you have to go to the store, or is it a separate place?
So I collected the car today from Brent Cross. The TESLA sales area is not within the shopping centre. It is easily found on the way in to the shopping centre and very close to a fair ground which is on the site. Its at the John Lewis/Fenwick end of the centre. They had a load of Model 3s of varying spec and colours and the sales lady was very pleasant but couldn't answer all of my questions. The car didn't have any issues as far as I could tell so all good.. They have changed the number plate fixing and now it is just stuck on with double sided tape to the platisc frame whichis fitted directly to the car. I noticed some of them were well crooked.

TG

I contactEd my sales agent in leeds and was told the inventory showing is an error and they are all allocated to people when they arrive.
Which agent in Leeds. Mine seems to have lost the ability to use email.

Tried chat this afternoon and got a very odd response when asking for an update on a vehicle ordered on 10 July. They said they'd call me back tomorrow if they can "find something else suitable" that will arrive before my PX offer expires on 10 Sept. Got absolutely no idea what that means - other than sounding as though something had gone wrong with the order!

So I collected the car today from Brent Cross. The TESLA sales area is not within the shopping centre. It is easily found on the way in to the shopping centre and very close to a fair ground which is on the site. Its at the John Lewis/Fenwick end of the centre. They had a load of Model 3s of varying spec and colours and the sales lady was very pleasant but couldn't answer all of my questions. The car didn't have any issues as far as I could tell so all good.. They have changed the number plate fixing and now it is just stuck on with double sided tape to the platisc frame whichis fitted directly to the car. I noticed some of them were well crooked.

TG
What model did you get and did it come with a usb in the glove box for sentry?

Seems that has been dismissed as a potential Tesla ship.
Ah, I think as someone else mentioned India is expecting a launch of model 3 soon so could be there are some (few hundred) cars being delivered ahead of launch.

I picked up my M3LR yesterday from Bristol. It had some very minor cosmetic problems...

There were two paint defects on the boot, one on the drivers mirror (I direct uploaded the pics in the Tesla app so dont have a saved picture of these right now) and a very tiny chip right in front of the steeing column (see attached). Booked in to get it sorted but not for a few weeks since I wanted a weekend appointment only.

The paint the Tesla agent suspected was moisture in the paint layers and should be easy to fix and may only require a gentle heat gun over it.

I expect the dash will be a PITA to sort out for such a minuscule imperfection but it's only because it's right in front of the steering column that it's going to bother me so much.

Possible Q3 differences:

- Still no passenger lumbar support :(
- Agent mentioned the type-2 cable has changed (used to be blue but now black)

These might not be a recent change I was assuming it was going to be gloss but may have changed earlier than Q3:

- Central storage is matte instead of gloss
- Door open buttons have icons on them

Let me know if you have any more questions about the Q3 build.

IMG_3500.jpeg

Reactions: NJR46
Hi all, ordered a M3LR in black on the 11th of August. Leasing company (LeaseHub, who are bloody brilliant!) approved the finance using Lex on the 13th and I was assigned a new RN number.

Anyone else in the same boat now and the waiting game? Hopefully hear back within the next 10-12 days I'd imagine on delivery time frames etc...
Yeah same waiting game on a M3P just leasing through a diffrent company. Got my RN on the 12th. Posted a bit earlier and hopefully we should see a car some time Mid/End of Sept. Not sure with it being a lease if we get told when we've been matched to a car, then get a VIN when the cars on a boat on the way over. They said I'll get about 2 weeks notice before the delivery though.

Yeah same waiting game on a M3P just leasing through a diffrent company. Got my RN on the 12th. Posted a bit earlier and hopefully we should see a car some time Mid/End of Sept. Not sure with it being a lease if we get told when we've been matched to a car, then get a VIN when the cars on a boat on the way over. They said I'll get about 2 weeks notice before the delivery though.
I got my delivery day just over a month before.

Got my R/N text on the 7th July, then delivery confirmation text 3rd August (Delivery being confirmed as the 7th September).

No VIN or notification of being matched a car. That goes to the lease company (Tusker in my case).

Emailed my SA to see how things were going as it's over 3 weeks since I had any contact. Got a very strange reply:
Thank you for reaching out.
We have just had a restructure to the ordering process (all on one site). Meaning your car is still estimated for next month.
Any idea what this restructuring is and if it has any effect on the allocation/delivery times?

Interesting. My lease company and Tesla have said when we're matched a car will get a text. Tesla are hopeful of delivery at the start of September. I'm car less so it better be!
Tesla chat told me that because I am not the owner I will not get the VIN/allocation correspondence. Your lease company may give you the VIN for reference but it won't be straight from Tesla.

Reactions: mouseorgan