Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered an inventory Model 3 long range last month, have had no updates no information anything. We were told by our sale rep it was in london, and now he’s told us it’s just leaving shanghai. But then told us it arrives on the 13th of august. It all doesn’t make sense and it’s really annoying, was hoping to go on holiday with the car this summer before school starts again!

Vin ending 329***

Reactions: moodel_tree
We ordered an inventory Model 3 long range last month, have had no updates no information anything. We were told by our sale rep it was in london, and now he’s told us it’s just leaving shanghai. But then told us it arrives on the 13th of august. It all doesn’t make sense and it’s really annoying, was hoping to go on holiday with the car this summer before school starts again!

Vin ending 329***
With a VIN starting 329, I very much doubt it is in London. More likely left or leaving Shanghai.

I've received my registration number in advance of me getting my car delivered on the 7th September. However, it's not being recognised by any of the insurance companies search look-ups. Does anyone know when this will become active, so I can get my insurance boxed off?

Newbie here, placed an order for a M3 LR through a company car scheme 19 July, and received my text from Tesla 27 July confirming the order. A Tesla SA has confirmed that I am due to be 'matched' with a car on 6th September, with delivery to follow perhaps a week later. Does this sound like the usual process?

I've received my registration number in advance of me getting my car delivered on the 7th September. However, it's not being recognised by any of the insurance companies search look-ups. Does anyone know when this will become active, so I can get my insurance boxed off?

The actual registration won't go 'live' with DVLA until you sign the paperwork on delivery. When you're insuring the car you can enter the registration but you'll need to just manually select the car as it won't find the registration.

wow that's early! When did you order the car?

That’s very early. I ordered in June through a leasing company but Tesla received the order on 1 July. I haven’t heard a thing yet.

I got my order confirmation through on 7th June. Delivery confirmed 7th September. SR+ Midnight Silver with black interior.

I ordered through the company, too. It was those guys I got the registration number from and confirmed by Tesla. For those who have received their delivery confirmation and are keen to know their registration number - it might be worth reaching out to Tesla and asking!

Doesn’t become active till car registered. They register it when you have signed for the car. I got insurance putting car in manually with reg number as well.

I got my order confirmation through on 7th June. Delivery confirmed 7th September. SR+ Midnight Silver with black interior.

I ordered through the company, too. It was those guys I got the registration number from and confirmed by Tesla. For those who have received their delivery confirmation and are keen to know their registration number - it might be worth reaching out to Tesla and asking!
tried that via online chat today after reading this. No registration yet, they said to check back 7 - 10 days before delivery. Mine is due to be delivered 11th Sept.

The actual registration won't go 'live' with DVLA until you sign the paperwork on delivery. When you're insuring the car you can enter the registration but you'll need to just manually select the car as it won't find the registration.
I received my registration number today from my SA. I already had an insurance quote lined up by manually entering the car details using Confused.com and then contacting insurance company (LV) direct, who said to contact them when I received the reg number, which I did and I now have my insurance set-up for my collection on 4th Sept, including the option for acceleration boost.
My SA confirmed the car won't be registered with the DVLA until just around delivery.
So the only thing left to do is the most painful, to pay for it!:eek: Which I am going to do this weekend :)