Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here so be nice folks!

I ordered my car (MSM LR with no changes) last Tuesday. Was told September delivery at the time and speaking to few Tesla folks in centers and othe phone they stuck to this. Being paranoid I kept building it to see the estimated delivery date. It stayed at September until this evening when it switched to saying November for a new build / order.

No VIN or further info from Tesla. I did call them today as they sent me a mail saying review the finance docs in the portal - which weren’t there so I queried it. Apparently I am not alone ……. They stuck to a September date on that call as well.

First post here so be nice folks!

I ordered my car (MSM LR with no changes) last Tuesday. Was told September delivery at the time and speaking to few Tesla folks in centers and othe phone they stuck to this. Being paranoid I kept building it to see the estimated delivery date. It stayed at September until this evening when it switched to saying November for a new build / order.

No VIN or further info from Tesla. I did call them today as they sent me a mail saying review the finance docs in the portal - which weren’t there so I queried it. Apparently I am not alone ……. They stuck to a September date on that call as well.
Welcome.

I'd say you probably will get your car in September and I'm sure they will try to do everything to achieve that. There are a fair few ships heading this quarter to Europe. However Tesla works in strange ways and their car matching process is very different from most others, feels like there is a bit of luck involved as well depending if there are any spare ones on the ships/docks matching your spec. Hope you will get your VIN soon, be sure to check the source code of your order page or use the google chrome extension to keep an eye on when the VIN number will be available.

The ETA change for M3LR and M3P to November was news to me, guess Q3 allocations are getting full now. SR+ seems to still be available for September as it is.

My VIN appeared in source code on the 19th Aug for me when GRAND RUBY departed.

Has anyone had a text message yet saying you’ve been allocated a car?
Received a text message today saying I've been allocated a vehicle. Placed an order for a M3 LR white on white, on the 16th of this month. Was advised by sales rep at Brent Cross to do it asap to get on the September delivery

Tesla are now predicting November delivery for new LR and Performance orders. SR+ remains September for now.

Yes, noticed this yesterday - it had been saying September for LR and even the representative in Chester was saying September for LR on Sunday. Guess when I got my order in for a LR? Yup, yesterday afternoon after it had shifted to November!

Saying that I've opted for the red paint so I doubt it would have been September anyway.

Just called Tesla to find out if I can get an ETA on delivery. Just so happens my car insurance is due mid September and can hopefully get things in sync to switch over supplier and to the new car. The SA said oh you were matched a few weeks ago but couldn’t see any delivery schedule but should still be September, will speak to the logistics team and call me back.

let’s hope it still is September and it’s not still sitting on the dock in Shanghai….

Reactions: moodel_tree
Have to collect from 50 miles away. My wife not too happy as the journey isn’t particularly pleasant.

I think only leases are delivered.
I think there is bit of info on this in one of my previous posts. Tesla SC are more flexible and they take control over the final bit of delivery process. So you need to contact TSC whatever the number they have given on the web page and request for delivery- may be have a couple of valid reasons like having a young child etc., They normally oblige and the only thing is your delivery date will be pushed further down depending on the availability of carriers transport.
Enjoy your Tesla

Reactions: page3
Another text today for my 2nd September delivery!

“Tesla Update - Your Model 3 Standard Range Plus in Pearl White Multi-Coat with All Black Interior and 18" Aero Wheels is nearly here! To prepare for delivery day, please view our support videos online: https://www.tesla.com/support/meet-your-tesla?redirect=no.”

Is there anything happening in the background that triggers this? Eg car has come off the ship now?

Fair to say I’ve watched many more videos than those to prepare me for delivery 😂

Reactions: moodel_tree
Another text today for my 2nd September delivery!

“Tesla Update - Your Model 3 Standard Range Plus in Pearl White Multi-Coat with All Black Interior and 18" Aero Wheels is nearly here! To prepare for delivery day, please view our support videos online: https://www.tesla.com/support/meet-your-tesla?redirect=no.”

Is there anything happening in the background that triggers this? Eg car has come off the ship now?

Fair to say I’ve watched many more videos than those to prepare me for delivery 😂
Had the same text yesterday. My delivery is scheduled for the 1st so sounds like automated 9 days pre delivery

Reactions: HammerandTongs
For anyone wondering if things have changed, I tried a small bank transfer earlier today and it showed up on the order page within the hour. This way I know I've typed everything in correctly before the big payment!

Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 12.11.23.jpg