Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is this ETA from Tesla?I also noted that most if not all the inventories have VINS resembling LRW321-322's ;probably all on the same ship as the ones that got allocated around 10th of August.The question is whether or not they have already shipped but they seem to all have VIns assigned for sure.
The ETA is from the source code of the Tesla page. If you go into the inventory cars pages and look at the code you will see 2 pieces of useful information. PlannedGADailyDate which is the manufacturing date of the car and ETAtoCurrent which is the ETA of arrival to its booked destination.

These inventory cars can be in transit already and be cancelled orders or something else. Really seems the VIN's don't matter as much as assignment dates, they can be spread out.

Remember though I do not work for Tesla so this could ALL be wrong :cool:

Reactions: NJR46
The ETA is from the source code of the Tesla page. If you go into the inventory cars pages and look at the code you will see 2 pieces of useful information. PlannedGADailyDate which is the manufacturing date of the car and ETAtoCurrent which is the ETA of arrival to its booked destination.

These inventory cars can be in transit already and be cancelled orders or something else. Really seems the VIN's don't matter as much as assignment dates, they can be spread out.

I rang and the inventory are possible sooner than my delivery by around a week. They told me that mine was currently likely the last day of the month but on the same vessel as the inventory ones. I asked to change if I can get an earlier delivery schedule and they said they’d look to switch it over and text once done.

Spot on 👍🏼Interesting,Going by the vehicles on their used car page it does appear the PlannedGA AND ActualGAindate are usually when they are manufactured like you said.But its showing Etatocurrent as August 21 for used cars so I am assuming ETA might actually mean when it's available for delivery or actual vessel arrival date.
So yes I also agree they would most likely be in transit

My lease company put the order in late yesterday on a M3LR so I’m not expecting this until November
What is everyone’s experience with hearing from Tesla and them setting you up with an online account so I can see the order? I know it’s not a massive thing as I’m 2.5-3 months away yet but I’m impatient 😂

My lease company put the order in late yesterday on a M3LR so I’m not expecting this until November
What is everyone’s experience with hearing from Tesla and them setting you up with an online account so I can see the order? I know it’s not a massive thing as I’m 2.5-3 months away yet but I’m impatient 😂
You need to get the RN (Reservation Number) from the lease company because without that Tesla won't even be able to find your order

What is everyone’s experience with hearing from Tesla and them setting you up with an online account so I can see the order? I know it’s not a massive thing as I’m 2.5-3 months away yet but I’m impatient
I guess it depends on the leasing company etc. So my experience (through my works company car scheme) was this:

Placed the order with them (work scheme) on the 2nd of Aug called them on the 9th of Aug, they said they had a backlog.
Got a text from Tesla on the 12th saying they had received the order from my leasing company with my RN number. I also got an email to make an account on the Tesla website (link was only valid for 24 hours).
Was radio silence till the next text from Tesla on the 23rd saying a car had been allocated.
Next text was then 24th saying the car was to be delivered on the 21st of sept to confirm my delivery address, confirmed that and got another text back confirming it would be the 21st.
Then another text on the 25th saying on the delivery day I’ll get a delivery declaration emailed to me and I need to sign this on the card arrival to activate it in the app.
I’m now waiting until the 21st. The wait is a killer.

I got my RN from Tesla after 4 days of ordering through my work's salary sacrifice scheme. As the car is leased you will not see it see it on the Tesla website under your orders.

Ordered 19th Aug, allocation text on 23rd Aug and delivery confirmation today for 30th September.
Note the delivery confirmation appeared 30mins after I emailed the SA re: EST loan and he said he'd pushed the order forward.
Are you collecting from Glasgow? I ordered 13 Aug, allocation text 23 Aug and then radio silence since then.
who’s your SA? Mine is Nicola @ Edinburgh who is helpful but has no firm delivery date for me :(

Should have said, with it being a lease I can’t see anything on the Tesla website or the app apart from my contact details etc.

I got my RN from Tesla after 4 days of ordering through my work's salary sacrifice scheme. As the car is leased you will not see it see it on the Tesla website under your orders.
Do you guys think we will be able to do software updates / buy upgrades when we take delivery even though it’s a lease car? Because we technically don’t own it ?

Do these show in the source code of your own Tesla account, I tried and it didn't return anything for PlannedGADailyDate and ETAtoCurrent?

Ok REALLY excited now..
Phoned Tesla and got the loveliest advisor ever (James, huge shout out!!)

he told me my ship arrives in the UK on 15th Sep in Southampton and expected to be delivered to the dealer on the evening of the 24th. He said it should therefore be ready to be picked up on the 26th.
Chances are it will be earlier rather than later, but at least I have more info now!
Will hope the ships get a wee wind behind their sails so that I’m earlier as the 26th is a sunday!

Hi everyone!

New prospective M3LR (white and white) owner here, I have today ordered one on Tesla loan, so I already have my RN number. Delivery stated as November currently, but who knows currently, but I do know I’m very excited about my first electric car, but will take some adjustment after 6 BMWs over the past 15 or so years!

Hope I’ve made the right choice going the loan route, getting off the lease/PCP wagon finally!

Hi everyone!

New prospective M3LR (white and white) owner here, I have today ordered one on Tesla loan, so I already have my RN number. Delivery stated as November currently, but who knows currently, but I do know I’m very excited about my first electric car, but will take some adjustment after 6 BMWs over the past 15 or so years!

Hope I’ve made the right choice going the loan route, getting off the lease/PCP wagon finally!

hi mate welcome!
Can I ask what made you go for the loan? The prices Tesla were quoting were super high when I looked. Or did you get a loan privately?

Anyone else in same position as me? RN received 23rd June, went through Lex Autolease, White LR, black interior, Aero Wheels. Had no other contact since, Tesla chat originally said September definitely, now no longer filling me with confidence.
I think I may be, I got my RN on 23rd June, also leased through Lex, same spec car as yours. I got my VIN & reg no. last Monday & a confirmed delivery date of the 9th September - all via text message. Lease company also confirmed this to me via email, so it is likely that your car should be ready around the same time? Depending where you are located, of course.

Reactions: Erol
I think I may be, I got my RN on 23rd June, also leased through Lex, same spec car as yours. I got my VIN & reg no. last Monday & a confirmed delivery date of the 9th September - all via text message. Lease company also confirmed this to me via email, so it is likely that your car should be ready around the same time? Depending where you are located, of course.
Wow that’s quick. I got my RN 10 days before you and no date for delivery (or collection which I would rather do) yet.

hi mate welcome!
Can I ask what made you go for the loan? The prices Tesla were quoting were super high when I looked. Or did you get a loan privately?
Tesla loan is 3.99%, so pretty competitive, could maybe get 2.99% elsewhere, but really not worth the extra hassle imo.

Not keen on lease due to 4 year term, and 3 year term is much more per month, Tesla PCP is way more than PCH for some reason, so it was also ruled out.

This 5 year loan is £150pm than my current X3 PCP, but should mean I have around £6k equity after around 3 years, and gives me flexibility to change at any time, if say I fancy a Model Y instead.

Tesla loan is 3.99%, so pretty competitive, could maybe get 2.99% elsewhere, but really not worth the extra hassle imo.

Not keen on lease due to 4 year term, and 3 year term is much more per month, Tesla PCP is way more than PCH for some reason, so it was also ruled out.

This 5 year loan is £150pm than my current X3 PCP, but should mean I have around £6k equity after around 3 years, and gives me flexibility to change at any time, if say I fancy a Model Y instead.
That’s a great way of looking at it. How much did you put down as a deposit if you don’t mind me asking?