Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had a lease agreed direct through Tesla, but upon reflection I’d prefer their loan. Will changing effect my delivery allocation? Will they even agree to change? Any experience or suggestions?
I did this around a week ago. Called Tesla and the guy said that it will not affect delivery, they can reset your payment method and then you need to apply again on your account and choose the loan instead. It will cause an extra hard credit search so be mindful. If for some reason you would be declined, he said you can call them back and they can reinstate the previous arrangement as it would still be valid so you won't lose your allocation. All went through fine for me and I still have my same VIN allocation as before.

Reactions: ProducedByKang
Oh damn hahah, my SA will be getting an ear full if I don't see an allocation this quater!

Well, a polite but firm email, I may even not sign off 'kind regards'... 😂😅 nah, I could never do that, too cold.

Fingers crossed for everyone with an outstanding order!🤞

Although is it me or does 1,300 delivery slots seem too small for the amount of orders they are supposed to have?
In Q2 2021 Tesla delivered around 7000 vehicles to UK out of which 2000 were in the 2 first months and 5000 in June. If it follows the same pattern and the amount of schedules that have already gone out, 1300 sounds plausible to me. Along the lines of 1 ship that would not have been scheduled in yet.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Hi all,
I have had my SR+ confirmed for delivery 25th September. Super excited but I just sold my BMW i3 quicker than expected and so facing just under 4 weeks with no car. How likely do you think it would be that I could call up and see if there is any chance of a quicker delivery?
I’m in the same boat. Sold my BMW on Saturday waiting for a confirmed delivery date about the end of September.

I did this around a week ago. Called Tesla and the guy said that it will not affect delivery, they can reset your payment method and then you need to apply again on your account and choose the loan instead. It will cause an extra hard credit search so be mindful. If for some reason you would be declined, he said you can call them back and they can reinstate the previous arrangement as it would still be valid so you won't lose your allocation. All went through fine for me and I still have my same VIN allocation as before.
Great, I’ll give them a shout on Wednesday.

There’s a bunch of us who got allocation texts around the 12th August, which the general consensus is that means the car is on a ship. Yet we’re still waiting for delivery dates.

I believe we’re all in the 315-325*** region of VINs.
I changed my order (SR+ to SR+ with 19 Inch Wheels instead) got an allocation text on Tuesday 24th with a ‘lower’ chassis than before, it’s now: 317***

Hopefully it’s somewhere close lol.

There’s a bunch of us who got allocation texts around the 12th August, which the general consensus is that means the car is on a ship. Yet we’re still waiting for delivery dates.

I believe we’re all in the 315-325*** region of VINs.
I have a theory and this is just a possibility, nothing confirmed. Actually bit of a long shot. In general the assignments happen just before/after the ship sets sail from Shanghai. The people getting assignments 10-12th August seem to all be waiting for a delivery date. The only ship to depart towards Europe in that timescale was DIONYSOS LEADER. However we ruled this ship out as after Singapore she suddenly went to India and did 2 stops there. These were not originally scheduled stops. Even NYK liner scheduled showed that DIONYSOS regular schedule was replaced by another ship. It does however have a new schedule where it shows destination Turkey on 8th September, so after it gets through Suez around 4th September we will have a better idea if this theory even remotely holds.

Reactions: moodel_tree